Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jags 2 seed?

While i really hope the Jags can secure a bye week, i won't get ahead of myself. They still need to win out. There's still a possibilty that the Titans can win the division.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-12-2017, 12:04 PM)ITzBruJiN Wrote: At this point I’d rather face the Pats than the Steelers. Historically we are great against the Steelers yes, but Brady hasn’t been the same since his Achilles injury and they are one of the worst teams against the run. I think we could handle the pats at home

Brady struggles against any team that squeezes the pocket, and this team does that as well as anyone this year, so I agree I'd rather face the Pats at this point.  But, I'd also love to see this team go into Pittsburgh and repeat history from 2007.  I think we could handle the Pats at home or on the road.  Same with the Steelers.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

I also get the tingles thinking about beating the Steelers at Heinz twice in one season... Again.

(12-12-2017, 12:40 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I also get the tingles thinking about beating the Steelers at Heinz twice in one season... Again.

If we did that again, especially if we went on to win the Super Bowl...the Steelers fans would despise us.

I would love it!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(12-12-2017, 09:33 AM)5389srv Wrote: If the Pats lose 1 more game, and the best hope for that is Steelers or Bills; and we win the rest then we take 2nd seed. If we loose to the Titans then we take 3rd seed.

Here is my question, how are home games figured out? Im trying to plan my January weekends.

If we lose to the Titans we likely lose the division and would then be the 5th seed.  Division winners get home games unless both wildcard teams make it to the championship game, then the 5 seed hosts the 6 seed.

Smile 

(12-12-2017, 12:53 PM)Bullseye Wrote:
(12-12-2017, 12:40 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: I also get the tingles thinking about beating the Steelers at Heinz twice in one season... Again.

If we did that again, especially if we went on to win the Super Bowl...the Steelers fans would despise us.

I would love it!
Not as much as me...my in-laws are in Pittsburgh.  [Image: smile.png] [Image: biggrin.png][Image: thumbsup.png]

Already got to gloat once over Thanksgiving when I was up.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

I agree the Pats will come out firing, but I honestly think they are vulnerable this year. They are pass centric, but as another poster mentioned, you beat them with press man coverage, not zone. Pitt plays a lot of zone which is a problem in that matchup. We play both but are INFINITELY better in press man, and HOPE we play that exclusively vs them.

I just like the matchup vs NE better. Brady cant get away from a breeze let alone dlineman coming at him. Their only speedy WR is more quick than fast and is small, something the press can really negate. I dont think they can reliably run well enough vs us to worry about that. And on the other side, I think we can run vs them.

Not to say we should walk in to that game and destroy them, I just like the matchup

and ya, I too worry about the SF game because of the west coast thing, and the QB change. However I cant imagine us not taking care of business vs the texans with Yates at QB. I mean, all the good feelings I have right now would immediately be washed away if we came out flat vs Houston. If this team IS FOR REAL, they take care of business these final 3 weeks, ideally these next 2, with the titans losing to the rams, and like FBT said we can rest up our last week unless we are playing for the 2 seed.

One game at a time. The Jags haven't won anything yet.

If this ends up being a happy ending for the Jags... I can hear the media excuses now.
Brady finally falls off a cliff... Flacco is no good... I saw a list on twitter of all the starting QBs and star players that have gone down this season with injury.
Jags only win cuz everyone else is bad all of a sudden....

Whatevs though. Bring it on

(12-12-2017, 03:31 PM)Kane Wrote: If this ends up being a happy ending for the Jags... I can hear the media excuses now.
Brady finally falls off a cliff... Flacco is no good... I saw a list on twitter of all the starting QBs and star players that have gone down this season with injury.
Jags only win cuz everyone else is bad all of a sudden....

Whatevs though. Bring it on

You play the schedule you're given.  They can make all the excuses they like. Teams still go out and play the games. Nothing is a given.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Here are what the Jags have done against Super Bowl winning QBs this season.

Flacco - 0TDs 2 INTS
Ben R - 0 TDS, 5INTS
Wilson - 3 TDs 3 INTS

3 TDS. 10 INTS. Incredible.