Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fournette needs just 77 yards to have 1k

(12-13-2017, 01:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(12-13-2017, 11:58 AM)Etdavis2006 Wrote: Exactly. Add on top of that he’s a rookie. What rookie is making game winning plays like that at this point of the season? 3rd and 11, you run and pick up 13? His draft slot is already justified to me and this is coming from someone who was not a believer when we drafted him

+1 on that.
I was and still believe that RBs should not be taken top 10 unless the rest of your team is rock solid. Especially your OL.
Due to the lingering questions of our OL I was anti-RB, not just anti-Fournette, at 4.
I ate my crow back in like week 5 or 6 lol
Admittedly I was worried when his ankle got dinged up and he started missing time... I remember in college he had some ankle injuries and his play seemed to fall off a bit after playing Bama every season. I figured, here we go again, ankle injury, comes back, not gonna be the same...
Thankfully I didn't rush to the board to declare him a bust... so I avoided a 2nd plate of crow.

I still think RBs drafted that high is a risk or a luxury pick. We gambled in my opinion and it paid off.
Fournette will finish the regular season just shy of 1200 yards rushing and right at 1400 yards total. 10 rushing TDs and 2 receiving TDs. (I'm guessing)
on 14 games played (assuming he plays in the regular season finale).

He good.

I’ve come around to thedrafting rbs high after the past two years. Mainly because of the rookie cap. I’m not for paying him a billion dollars but how it’s slotted now, you can draft the best player straight up and looking at it that way he was one of the highest rated guys regardless of position. 

What will be fun to watch is how will he perform in the post season. Doesn’t he have another gear? Will he make even bigger plays then. 

Can’t wait

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Capable of grinding out yards? Yes.

Capable at the goal line? Hell yes. 

Capable of breaking long runs? You better believe it. 

He good. 

Side note: he’s still got the highest measured speed of any player this season. Actually I think he has the two highest measured speeds.

I love his play. Toughness and heart show in his runs. Even though I'd like to see higher overall numbers from him (because he's capable), he is playing beastly when we need it. I look forward to another great jags rb!
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(12-14-2017, 01:42 PM)jvillejagsn1 Wrote: I love his play. Toughness and heart show in his runs. Even though I'd like to see higher overall numbers from him (because he's capable), he is playing beastly when we need it. I look forward to another great jags rb!

I think he has met all of our expectations. He's going to be just the 3rd player in franchise history to rush for 1000 yards.   

With 2 more TDs he will become just the 8th player in Jaguars history to score double digit touchdowns. 

-Fred had 14 as a rookie
-Jones Drew had 13 as a rookie
-Williams had 10 in 2007
-Lewis had 10 in 2010
-Stewart had 13 in 1999
-Hurns had 10 in 2015
-Robinson had 14 in 2015

The only other players to post 1000 yard seasons in both rushing or receiving was

-Fred Taylor
-Maurice Jones-Drew 
-Jimmy Smith
-Keenan McCardell
-Allen Hurns
-Allen Robinson 

Fournette has a chance to enter his name in the record books with some elite talent in our teams history over the next 3 games. He's averaging 83.9 yards per game right now. With that average he projects ending his rookie year at 1175 yards rushing and 10 touchdowns. 

If he doesn't miss 2 games he would project at 1343 yards rushing and 11 TDs.

I mean who else should the Jags have taken at #4? Maaaaybe Oj Howard? Watson?

Watson, Robnison and Kamara? Maybe. I like what we got now though.

Fournette missing practice again today.

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...2321907712

He won't be making any yards this week by the looks of things, he hasn't practiced.

Yeldon & Ivory should be enough this weekend, rest him.

(12-15-2017, 12:44 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Fournette missing practice again today.

https://twitter.com/mike_e_kaye/status/9...2321907712

Damn. Not too worried about the actual game, we should win easy anyway, but I own him in both of my fantasy leagues that are in the playoffs this week.

Dang this sucks. Maybe Fournette will be a game time decision.

If not break out our fastest player on the team....Grant.

He hasn't practiced all week so I hope they rest him this week. If they win this week I say rest him next week too. We need him healthy in a few weeks. I feel confident enough in Yeldon, Ivory and Grant with our defense to get the job done this week.

I dont get it, this seems to happen a lot with fournette, he finished the game, getting the game winning 11 yard run, then misses all week with an injury? Hope he plays

I don't know, reading this, I would tend to think he'll play.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Based on that write up by John, it seems like he could play but Doug is playing it super safe.

He knows we are coasting to the playoffs. But with a shot at a bye, could he play it too safe and miss out. I guess he thinks we don't have a shot at a bye so he's gonna back the horses up and let them rest for a big time run.