Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Week in the AFC South-Week 15

Heading into the last three weeks of the season, the division leading Jacksonville Jaguars are fresh off of a huge win over the Seahawks, one that most outside observers see as a statement game, even if Ramsey and the Jaguars don't.  Meanwhile, the once division leading tacks stumbled, falling out of first place with a loss to the Cards.  The big mystery in tack town is what happened to their offense, which has struggled against much of the league's detritus in recent weeks.  In Houston, second string QB Tom Savage suffered a scary concussion last week that left him appearing to convulse, and in Indy, coach Pagano is trying not to dwell on what seems to be the inevitable-namely the eventual loss of his job.  Here are my thoughts on this weekend's games...

Broncos (4-9) at Colts (3-10)-Honestly...who cares other than those fans wanting better draft position?  Denver wins 17-10.

Texans (4-9) at Jaguars (9-4)-What appears to be a mismatch records wise on paper takes on added significance for the Jaguars, who are at home fighting for the division title and a first round bye.  Jacksonville appears to be healthier, with Parnell and Omameh returning to action last week, with Telvin Smith and maybe Hurns returning to action this week.  Houston, on the other hand, starts 3rd string QB T.J. Yates.  Jaguars win 24-7.

tacks (8-5) at 49ers (3-10)-The 9ers are on a bit of a roll, having won two straight since finally starting Garappolo at QB and fielding what appears to be the makings of a decent to good defense.  They face the tacks who are traveling across country to face them.  Tennessee's offense is struggling so much, nice guy QB Marcus Mariota  got so snippy with the media, his mom lit into him and forced him to apologize.  Tennessee has a good defense, but their offense isn't getting the job done.  This could be another upset.  49ers win 17-14.

Last week:  2-2
Overall:  25-18

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-13-2017, 09:52 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Heading into the last three weeks of the season, the division leading Jacksonville Jaguars are fresh off of a huge win over the Seahawks, one that most outside observers see as a statement game, even if Ramsey and the Jaguars don't.  Meanwhile, the once division leading tacks stumbled, falling out of first place with a loss to the Cards.  The big mystery in tack town is what happened to their offense, which has struggled against much of the league's detritus in recent weeks.  In Houston, second string QB Tom Savage suffered a scary concussion last week that left him appearing to convulse, and in Indy, coach Pagano is trying not to dwell on what seems to be the inevitable-namely the eventual loss of his job.  Here are my thoughts on this weekend's games...

Broncos (4-9) at Colts (3-10)-Honestly...who cares other than those fans wanting better draft position?  Denver wins 17-10.

Texans (4-9) at Jaguars (9-4)-What appears to be a mismatch records wise on paper takes on added significance for the Jaguars, who are at home fighting for the division title and a first round bye.  Jacksonville appears to be healthier, with Parnell and Omameh returning to action last week, with Telvin Smith and maybe Hurns returning to action this week.  Houston, on the other hand, starts 3rd string QB T.J. Yates.  Jaguars win 24-7.

tacks (8-5) at 49ers (3-10)-The 9ers are on a bit of a roll, having won two straight since finally starting Garappolo at QB and fielding what appears to be the makings of a decent to good defense.  They face the tacks who are traveling across country to face them.  Tennessee's offense is struggling so much, nice guy QB Marcus Mariota  got so snippy with the media, his mom lit into him and forced him to apologize.  Tennessee has a good defense, but their offense isn't getting the job done.  This could be another upset.  49ers win 17-14.

Last week:  2-2
Overall:  25-18

I'll go Jags, colts, tacks.

Jaguars are just a good team, Texans aren't. Could be something like 31-7.

Colts are at home and the broncos don't have much of a passing game to exploit the colts biggest weakness. I can see an upset possible here.

Tacks aren't good, and the 49ers are at home, bit somehow I just can't imagine the Jaguars have the season go as well as having their only competition in the division just fall off the face of the Earth the last three weeks. However I see the Jaguars taking it to the tacks week 17 to take the division.

Denver
Jags
Tacks

21-4

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Jags
9ers
Broncos

Dont care about my record Smile

(This post was last modified: 12-17-2017, 08:46 PM by snowwolf776.)

26-9 overall

colts

tittians

Jags give fans a scare look like they will lose,but end up winning a closer game then people expect.   so i pick Jags

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

This week I'll take

Broncos
Jaguars
49ers

3-1 Last week
30-13 Overall

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I don't think Hurns comes back this week. The team tried to get Britt which isn't a good sign for Hurns.

I really wish I had done this every week. I think Jags, Broncos and 49ers will win.

Trying to get this in before the game starts...

Colts over Broncos
Jaguars over Texans
Titans over 49ers

1-3 last week
30-13 overall
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

[BLEEP], I got in here late. I'm taking:

Denver
Jags
Niners
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(12-14-2017, 10:23 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [BLEEP], I got in here late. I'm taking:

Denver
Jags
Niners

Me too. The Colts are up early, so like you I'll take the losing Broncos in hope they give it to both us should they win.

So here goes...

Last week: 3-1

Overall: 34-9

Broncos

Jaguars

Titans

'02

Wow, Colts really suck.  I can't believe I allowed myself to pick them again.

Playing at home, playing for pride, playing against a team that packed it in, playing for Brandon Williams...doesn't matter.  Total lack of heart.

Once again, they lost after leading at halftime.  I read (without checking these facts yet) that this is the 7th game this year that they lost after leading at halftime.  The record is supposedly 8, so they might top that with 2 games left.  Also, (unchecked fact) they've been outscored something like 215-88 in the 2nd half this year.  Pathetic, if true.

The truth of the matter is they probably enjoy getting pounded more than your average nymphomaniac.

Serious questions

Does Pagano survive Black Monday?
Does Luck ever return?
Can we get Grigson inducted into the Pride?
"We believe in victory!"   - Gus Bradley
"I don't want to believe.  I want to know."   - Carl Sagan

well, i missed picking the broncs since i want the rest of the division to ALL lose to put more distance between the Jags and them.
So broncs got it done, The Jags will take care of the horns....and the 49ers will squash the tacks.
Jags ice the division!!
"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Crap... didn't get my picks in,, I would have picked Denver but since I was late, I'll count it as a loss and put down the Colts.

So
Colts
Jags
49ers.

28-15 overall

Yesterday, 03:19 PM To: TrivialPursuit
Hey can you go on the prediction thread and post my pick for tonight's game on my behalf? I'll take Broncos over Colts. I'll jump on tomorrow with my other 2 picks.

UNF nashvillian sent this in a PM to me I just didn't post it in time.. that's my bad.

I don't think the 49ers win this week vs the Titians, but I sure hope they do haha.
Jaguars | Pacers | Purdue | Team USA

(12-15-2017, 09:37 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yesterday, 03:19 PM To: TrivialPursuit
Hey can you go on the prediction thread and post my pick for tonight's game on my behalf?  I'll take Broncos over Colts.  I'll jump on tomorrow with my other 2 picks.

UNF nashvillian sent this in a PM to me I just didn't post it in time.. that's my bad.

Thanks man...appreciate it.

As Trivial Pursuit said, I picked Broncos over Colts

I'll also take Jaguars over Texans and Titans over 49ers.

2-2 last week
32-11 overall
We learned in the Sunday School who made the sun shine through.  I know who made the moonshine too, back where I come from.

(12-15-2017, 05:22 PM)unf_nashvillian Wrote:
(12-15-2017, 09:37 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Yesterday, 03:19 PM To: TrivialPursuit
Hey can you go on the prediction thread and post my pick for tonight's game on my behalf?  I'll take Broncos over Colts.  I'll jump on tomorrow with my other 2 picks.

Thanks man...appreciate it.

As Trivial Pursuit said, I picked Broncos over Colts

I'll also take Jaguars over Texans and Titans over 49ers.

2-2 last week
32-11 overall

Sure you picked the Broncos.   Rolleyes

At least one of your other picks is wrong.  I'll give you a hint.  It involves numbers.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

This is the week the jags lose to a lousy texans team.
Meanwhile.. the Titans, fresh off mularkey's week of self reflection in the desert, beat the crap out of the niners.
Titans take over first place, setting up their home stand when they beat the rams to a pulp, scaring the jags into submission resulting in an afc south championship game which the Titans win by 7 touchdowns.

30-13 am I.

I'm late this week (things got busy) but I definitely picked the Broncos over the Colts.

My other picks are Jags and Niners.

Week # 14 Results 1-3 ( Great job by the Jaguars proving me and many others wrong against the Seahawks. )
Overall Results: 32-11

Week # 15

Jacksonville
Tennessee

I forgot to make the THF selection and on top of it thought the 3 confidence points I intended to give Denver was registered on Yahoo. I'll chalk it up as learning experiences.