Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
XFL

I think there is a nitch, all the things that caused them to fail are fairly easily addressed as long as McMahon has some self perspective. Sounds like he has learned from prior mistakes.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Just make sure all of the players are well versed on the rule changes between the NFL/College ball and XFL.

Last time, if I remember correctly, there were a lot of penalties and stoppages through players not following rules which were implemented to speed UP the game..
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-25-2018, 05:54 PM)empty Wrote:

Lol! I love it!

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018, 07:23 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Manziel will be the XFL MVP, calling it now

Hopefully Vince can get Tebow

Trent Richardson I can see making a team as well, this could be fun
[Image: fb362721028055f5ad67aa63fe442568.jpg]

If they get rid of the theatrics and just play football, I'll watch. I'd rather watch sub par football, than no football at all. I wish the NFL would get involved somehow though. I'd like to see each XFL team united with an NFL team, so they could treat it like a minor league system ala MLB. That way players, especially QB's, could truly develop before being called up to the NFL. Let's be honest, there isn't any true development of NFL QB's in the NFL. Late round QB's never practice with the first team and unless they somehow win the backup role, they just manage the scouting team. That's not development or coaching. At least in the XFL, they would be running a team during real game situations, no matter how low the talent level may be. It'll never happen though. For some reason the NFL is opposed to any kind of developmental system. It's too bad. As it is set up, the XFL will just be filled with a bunch of guys who aren't talented enough or have washed out of the NFL ala Johnny Manziel. Who knows, we may even get a Jamarcus Russell sighting.

(12-22-2017, 05:31 PM)TJBender Wrote: lol

People barely want to watch good football right now. Why would they waste time and money on bad football?

He'll, strippers in hot tubs wasn't enough to help it out last time.

I think what is hurting NFL ratings and I think most of you would agree to this is that dumb rules Roger Goodell put in such as the extra point put back, kick returns not being returned enough due to moving the ball up so it can be touched back more. they took out TD celebration but just brought it back this year. and here's a big change NFL is being too cautious with hits that sometimes are accidental for example Barry church hit on gronk was not a helmet to helmet hit. church lead with his shoulder and gronk lower his shoulder and that's what cause the helmet to helmet. stupid call. a change I'd like the NFL to do is have challenges of the calls they made to see if that was the right call. for example that PI on bouye before half time wasn't PI. Cooks was out of bounce and wasn't a catchable ball.

The XFL is back with no gimmicks this time, which is the right call. I just hope they learn from the NFL's mistakes, like what is a catch, dumb penalties, blowing a play dead, bad pass interference calls... you know, the type of garbage we see when we watch our team. lol

(01-30-2018, 10:36 AM)Dark Passenger Wrote: The XFL is back with no gimmicks this time, which is the right call. I just hope they learn from the NFL's mistakes, like what is a catch, dumb penalties, blowing a play dead, bad pass interference calls... you know, the type of garbage we see when we watch our team. lol

No gimmicks?

I'm hoping they bring back the way they started games with a player from each side vying to see who can run out and get the football first. It makes the start far more interesting with the possession decided by skill instead of luck. I always thought the NFL should adopt that rule.

And stay out of the cheerleaders locker room at halftime.

'02

This will have to be well marketed and not be a relaunch of the previous product. I think it could work as a developmental/comeback league, which they didn't have near enough players cross over to the NFL from the old XFL. I can think of only two (He Hate Me and the QB who went to Pittsburgh.) I think it would benefit them to take steps closer to being more like the NFL and less WWE.

If they play nice with the NFL, maybe it could be used in the way NFL Europe was supposed to be used to develop players and coaches. They aren't competing with the NFL, so they shouldn't act that way - but it would be difficult if NFL players (practice squad and others) are restricted from participating. I don't know that they are or aren't, as I don't know NFL contracts.
"You're betraying your whole life if you don't say what you think, and you don't say it honestly and bluntly." — Charles Krauthammer