Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mason Rudolph

(12-30-2017, 08:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 04:57 PM)JackCity Wrote: Awful game for Jackson. 

And yes he is a better prospect. He's more accurate , better in the pocket, better mental process and better at avoiding turnovers (apart from today).   

Mike Vick was an amazing athlete with a big arm. Had almost no nuance of how to play the position.

Bad day for me to Stan for Lamar Jackson but here we are.

That's quite odd as even the most ardent Rudolph fans admit he isn't too good from short. 

And yeah probably better off to just see how they play in the NFL. For instance you thought McCaffrey would be bad because he was white. I'd say it's fair to say you were wrong on that.
I'm not buying it.  Neither were very good in the pocket or the mental process of being of being a pocket passer.  Vick was a far superior prospect imo as was Vince Young and RG3.  Just not buying Jackson as an NFL QB

So, as prospects, other than have a bigger arm, what does Vick do better as a QB than Lamar does?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(12-31-2017, 02:19 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-30-2017, 08:15 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: I'm not buying it.  Neither were very good in the pocket or the mental process of being of being a pocket passer.  Vick was a far superior prospect imo as was Vince Young and RG3.  Just not buying Jackson as an NFL QB

So, as prospects, other than have a bigger arm, what does Vick do better as a QB than Lamar does?

Torture dogs.

(12-31-2017, 02:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 02:19 PM)JackCity Wrote: So, as prospects, other than have a bigger arm, what does Vick do better as a QB than Lamar does?

Torture dogs.

Correct!

Wink 

(12-31-2017, 04:19 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(12-31-2017, 02:33 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Torture dogs.

Correct!

They both suck as QB's though.   Big Grin

Where art thou flgators ?

Surely if Vick was a much better QB prospect than Jackson he'd be better than him in several areas, especially those important to the art of QBing.

So far all we have seen is Vick has a bigger arm and is faster in a straight line.

My biggest fear from Rudolph is he looks like a bit of statue. Can he be like Roethlisberger? A big guy that may not be swift of foot but shrugs over defenders and extends plays. For all of Bortles negatives we've discussed the guy's legs are a real weapon. And almost a necessity these days in the NFL.

(01-01-2018, 11:54 AM)rfc17 Wrote: My biggest fear from Rudolph is he looks like a bit of statue.  Can he be like Roethlisberger?  A big guy that may not be swift of foot but shrugs over defenders and extends plays.  For all of Bortles negatives we've discussed the guy's legs are a real weapon.  And almost a necessity these days in the NFL.

Yes, he can be a Roethlisberger type. Have you seen many of his games this year? He has 10 rushing TD's on the season. He actually moves very well for a man his size and is far from a statue. He also throws well on the run. I would actually take Rudolph's ability to move around in the pocket any day, over Blake's mobility. To me, Rudolph would be an upgrade in that aspect. I disagree about scrambling being a necessity for an NFL QB though. Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Joe Flacco and Tom Brady are all very limited in the mobility category and all have Superbowl rings.

(12-29-2017, 10:27 AM)Monty Wrote: Can we get him in the second round?  My brother in law works for some kind of high school scout company for colleges.  Says he's the best QB in the draft.  Possible?

My brother in law works for Allegheny Power in Pittsburgh and told me the defenses in the Pac10 and Big12 suck.

(01-02-2018, 11:54 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(12-29-2017, 10:27 AM)Monty Wrote: Can we get him in the second round?  My brother in law works for some kind of high school scout company for colleges.  Says he's the best QB in the draft.  Possible?

My brother in law works for Allegheny Power in Pittsburgh and told me the defenses in the Pac10 and Big12 suck.

Boy that's funny!
Huh

Looks like we’ve met with him at the senior bowl and have had shots at 5 of his games this season. I’d certainly say interest is there.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Rudolph at the top of the QB board in draft prospects. Still at the top for me as well.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/pros...rterbacks/

He's been my preference since midway through the season. I hope the interest the team shows is real.

(01-26-2018, 11:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's been my preference since midway through the season. I hope the interest the team shows is real.

He was great last year

(01-26-2018, 12:47 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 11:49 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: He's been my preference since midway through the season. I hope the interest the team shows is real.

He was great last year

He was. I know few will agree with me, but IMO, he reminds me of a young Ben Roethlisberger.

The worst comparison of Rudolph you can make lol. Ponder was never accurate

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2018/profiles/m...id=2559942

(01-26-2018, 09:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The worst comparison of Rudolph you can make lol.  Ponder was never accurate

Huh??????? Ponder was 3 inches shorter, ran too much because of his inaccuracies and couldn't read a defense. He and Rudolph are literally nothing alike. That would be like comparing Eli Manning to Michael Vick.

(This post was last modified: 01-26-2018, 09:53 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(01-26-2018, 09:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 09:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: The worst comparison of Rudolph you can make lol.  Ponder was never accurate

Huh??????? Ponder was 3 inches shorter, ran too much because of his inaccuracies and couldn't read a defense. He and Rudolph are literally nothing alike. That would be like comparing Eli Manning to Michael Vick.

agree, one of the worst comparisons I have seen.  Not to mention Ponder wasnt even a good college QB

(01-26-2018, 09:52 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(01-26-2018, 09:49 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Huh??????? Ponder was 3 inches shorter, ran too much because of his inaccuracies and couldn't read a defense. He and Rudolph are literally nothing alike. That would be like comparing Eli Manning to Michael Vick.

agree, one of the worst comparisons I have seen.  Not to mention Ponder wasnt even a good college QB

Ponder played 4 more games his Senior year, than he did his Junior year and his stats actually went way down. Rudolph on the other hand, steadily improves every season. His completion percentage, passing yards, touchdowns and yards per attempt all went up, each season. That's the kind of improvement that tells me the kid wants to learn and will work hard to get better.

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 04:47 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

I like this, its what competitors do

http://www.nfl.com/labs/rr/pathtothedraft/rudolph

Look how big Rudolph looks next to Mayock and Davis

From everything I've read on Rudolph combined with the tape I've watched of him, I'm convinced the kid is going to throw one INT after another in the NFL. I'm noticing a few QB prospects ranked behind him that impress me more as a passer. 
'02