Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chiefs open to trading Smith

(01-28-2018, 10:54 PM)wrong_box Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 10:51 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We had the perfect combination of soft schedule, some luck, and Bortles not being a turnover machine. To expect all of that to happen again wouldn't be good. We need to get better, and that starts with QB.

I would be shocked if TC didn't make a run at Smith.

No chance...They won't get anything they dont see as a long term answer...Their perception is much different than yours and they won't bring in an old QB that might not really even be an upgrade...They will draft a new QB when they find one they think is a clear upgrade and the QB of the foreseeable future, not a stop gap

Do you ever watch football? If you don’t think Smith would be an upgrade then you have to be blind. Who needs a super accurate qb, who can murder teams that stack the box, can scramble as well as your current qb and doesn’t turn the ball over? I’d be perfectly happy if Smith started for my team.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I'd actually love to find a way to have Smith with Bortles his #2 and a developmental guy who is inactive on game days.

No way they keep Bortles if they trade for Smith. They'd draft someone in early rounds to be his back-up and eventual successor. Based on Smith's performance last season, I'd give up our 2nd rounder if his salary cap hit isn't unreasonable.

You know there is no competition if Bortles is here this year at 19mli nop. So if they bring smith or someone else and a draft pick hes gone
No Fun

(01-28-2018, 10:43 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-28-2018, 10:29 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Caldwell and Coughlin aren't looking for a 2 year stop gap,they are looking for the long term answer

thats why you dance with the one who brought you to the dance! When you find the long term answer then you jump ship, but you dont want a different QB every couple years...Bortles got us to the AFC championship game, he can be serviceable until the long term answer is found

Our defense got us to the AFCC. Bortles came along for the ride and played just well enough not to screw it up.

Just starting facts here. I truly wish he was better.

This pretty much sums it up. Bortles is not going to have many game winning drives when we need it.

Alex Smith sucks. That is all.

According to NFL Network, Chiefs asking price for Alex Smith is a 2nd round pick and another future draft pick.

Hard pass.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 05:06 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(01-30-2018, 03:56 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: Alex Smith sucks. That is all.

He is better than BB5. We don't need a world beater at QB with our defense, but we do need someone better than BB5. Smith fills that void perfectly.

(01-30-2018, 04:07 PM)knarnn Wrote: According to NFL Network, Chiefs asking price for Alex Smith is a 2nd round pick and another future draft pick.

Hard pass.

I'd offer then a 2nd with no future pick.

(01-30-2018, 05:05 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

He is better than BB5. We don't need a world beater at QB with our defense, but we do need someone better than BB5. Smith fills that void perfectly.

(01-30-2018, 04:07 PM)knarnn Wrote: According to NFL Network, Chiefs asking price for Alex Smith is a 2nd round pick and another future draft pick.

Hard pass.

I'd offer then a 2nd with no future pick.

No, he's not. At all.

3 pro bowl linemen, great RB and TE and a true #1 all season long and still didn't do as well as BB5.

Cousins you can make a case for, not Smith. Oh, and at Blake's age, Smith was a B-U-S-T.

This man is intelligent! 100% agreed. FAX.