Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Speculation: titans try trading Mariota?

Looking at the what they might want to do in the off-season it occurs to me that their best move, since their current GM didn't draft him, and there still seems to be some ignorance around the league as to his lack of ability, along with the Vikings QB situation heading into the off-season, would be to try to trade him this off-season for whatever they can get.

So how would the titans look next year with Bridgewater as their bridge under a new coach until they can find a more long term solution?

I know titans fans might cringe at the idea of what they'd see as going backwards but they're already doing that by dumping their coaching staff after voting confidence in him.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think they should give him a huge contract

(01-15-2018, 02:05 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Looking at the what they might want to do in the off-season it occurs to me that their best move, since their current GM didn't draft him, and there still seems to be some ignorance around the league as to his lack of ability, along with the Vikings QB situation heading into the off-season, would be to try to trade him this off-season for whatever they can get.

So how would the titans look next year with Bridgewater as their bridge under a new coach until they can find a more long term solution?

I know titans fans might cringe at the idea of what they'd see as going backwards but they're already doing that by dumping their coaching staff after voting confidence in him.

I think your screen name says it all.

(01-15-2018, 02:05 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: Looking at the what they might want to do in the off-season it occurs to me that their best move, since their current GM didn't draft him, and there still seems to be some ignorance around the league as to his lack of ability, along with the Vikings QB situation heading into the off-season, would be to try to trade him this off-season for whatever they can get.

Not going to happen.

While Mariota is a decent QB, no team is going to give up draft picks for him, that would be incredibly stupid.  Also, Mariota did a pretty good job with his team by getting to the playoffs.  No way they release him or trade him.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-15-2018, 04:07 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Not going to happen.

While Mariota is a decent QB, no team is going to give up draft picks for him, that would be incredibly stupid.  Also, Mariota did a pretty good job with his team by getting to the playoffs.  No way they release him or trade him.

I definitely don't think they'll just release him, but he had a bad season that was propped up by a weak schedule and a lot of quality play around him.

The main reason I think about it is that he wasn't drafted by the current GM, and the new coach will likely want a better QB sooner or later. I'm not sure Maria's stock will get any higher than it is if he keeps playing, and Caldwell even got a pick for Gabbert. A guy that's managed two winning seasons might get someone stupid to bite and ignore his actual play and injuries.

Still I was hoping to see the titans double down on him and Mularky, but with Mularky gone I figure Maria is probably gone after next season too if he doesn't suddenly become something he's never shown himself to be. If they're smart they'll see if they can sucker anyone for him right now.

The tacks trading one injury prone qb for another. Ok by me.
Signature goes here.

(This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 05:45 PM by SDM.)

Bridgewater?  Lordy son.   

I think the development (or lack thereof) of Mariota was one of the main reasons, if not THE deciding factor, in letting go of Mularkey.  This isn't a "blow it all up" scenario.  This is about getting a coach in here who can actually develop Mariota and install an offense that suits him.  Rather than the dinosaur offense Mularkey/Robiskie tried to relabel as "exotic smashmouth".   lawl.

Right or wrong, Marcus Mariota is viewed as the most important player on this team right now.  If not the entire organization.  He's not going anywhere.

Big Grin  (This post was last modified: 01-16-2018, 05:48 PM by NewJagsCity.)

Mariota is Tebow without the controversy.  ;-)
"Remember Red, Hope is a good thing. Maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies."  - Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

zero chance mariota is traded. the fans would burn the stadium down. you guys just worry about extending that laughing stock of a QB you got lol

(01-16-2018, 05:48 PM)VondyP Wrote: zero chance mariota is traded. the fans would burn the stadium down. you guys just worry about extending that laughing stock of a QB you got lol

You taking about the guy playing in the AFC championship this week? We'll definitely enjoy it.

Good luck with the coaching search.