Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market Under Trump

(11-17-2020, 10:45 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 10:04 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: I'd plan to work another 4 years.

I guarantee you Biden puts up stock market numbers better than Trump.  33% for the Dow over 4 years is pedestrian at best.

We had a global pandemic and are already back to pre-pandemic numbers 8 months later even with some large democratic led cities refusing to open up. Those numbers are freaking amazing.

I'd love to hear what Biden policies are going to sky rocket the market though....

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 11-17-2020, 03:59 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-17-2020, 10:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 10:45 AM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: I guarantee you Biden puts up stock market numbers better than Trump.  33% for the Dow over 4 years is pedestrian at best.

We had a global pandemic and are already back to pre-pandemic numbers 8 months later even with some large democratic led cities refusing to open up. Those numbers are freaking amazing.

I'd love to hear what Biden policies are going to sky rocket the market though....

Yah... a pandemic that has been mismanaged so poorly that we look like a 3rd world country with the number of deaths we have here from it.  4% of the world's population and 20% of the deaths.  If you were capable of doing the math there, you'd realize we are 5 times worse than the average country; about 3 times worse than Canada who is very similar to us socially.  And the stock market is up because of one thing... tax payer stimulus packages (i.e. bailouts).  You're happy about that?  Trump has increased the deficit each and every year he's been in office and pumped the national debt up about 50% from the atrocity it already was.  And you're sitting there thinking "Gee, the stock markets are doing pretty good!"  lmao... clueless. Trump's "economy" is a house of cards.

Biden's policies will probably be the same old thing as Obama's; nothing special, just slow and steady growth.  But it will outperform Trump easily.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

(11-17-2020, 03:57 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 10:50 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: We had a global pandemic and are already back to pre-pandemic numbers 8 months later even with some large democratic led cities refusing to open up. Those numbers are freaking amazing.

Yah... a pandemic that has been mismanaged so poorly that we look like a 3rd world country with the number of deaths we have here from it.  4% of the world's population and 20% of the deaths.  If you were capable of doing the math there, you'd realize we are 5 times worse than the average country; about 3 times worse than Canada who is very similar to us socially.  And the stock market is up because of one thing... tax payer stimulus packages (i.e. bailouts).  You're happy about that?  Trump has increased the deficit each and every year he's been in office and pumped the national debt up about 50% from the atrocity it already was.  And you're sitting there thinking "Gee, the stock markets are doing pretty good!"  lmao... clueless.  Trump's "economy" is a house of cards.

Biden's policies will probably be the same old thing as Obama's; nothing special, just slow and steady growth.  But it will outperform Trump easily.

I would say it's more due to global liquidity as a whole. The G3 banks pumped nearly $3T of liquidity into global markets beginning in March.  
https://twitter.com/Ighodaro1/status/127...51488?s=19

Just print it up baby!

(This post was last modified: 11-19-2020, 07:49 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-17-2020, 08:45 PM)Senor Fantastico Wrote:
(11-17-2020, 03:57 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Yah... a pandemic that has been mismanaged so poorly that we look like a 3rd world country with the number of deaths we have here from it.  4% of the world's population and 20% of the deaths.  If you were capable of doing the math there, you'd realize we are 5 times worse than the average country; about 3 times worse than Canada who is very similar to us socially.  And the stock market is up because of one thing... tax payer stimulus packages (i.e. bailouts).  You're happy about that?  Trump has increased the deficit each and every year he's been in office and pumped the national debt up about 50% from the atrocity it already was.  And you're sitting there thinking "Gee, the stock markets are doing pretty good!"  lmao... clueless.  Trump's "economy" is a house of cards.

I would say it's more due to global liquidity as a whole. The G3 banks pumped nearly $3T of liquidity into global markets beginning in March.  
https://twitter.com/Ighodaro1/status/127...51488?s=19

Just print it up baby!

I would tend agree with you, but I would still say its both:  tax payer stimulus plus global monetary policy and liquidity.  The markets and the economy are two different things; the economy still is getting killed.  The Trump administration has been pumping up the deficits each year they have been in office, even before COVID, to artificially ignite the markets while simultaneously creating overwhelming debt.  Those are NOT conservative policies; anyone that thinks Trump is a conservative does not know the meaning of the word.
This is a results-oriented business.  There are no trophies or titles given for "moral victories" or for "winning the draft".  Our record with DC is 37-86.  6-10 is our 2nd best season in 8 years of Caldwell leadership.  These are the FACTS.

Trump is leaving Joel a 30K DJIA. What will he do with it?

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 01:40 PM by The Real Marty.)

(11-24-2020, 12:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump is leaving Joel a 30K DJIA. What will he do with it?

I thought the markets were going to collapse if Biden won.  What happened?

Seriously, though, I think what Trump is leaving Biden is the mother of all bubbles - asset prices being pumped up with huge deficits and near-zero interest rates.

(11-24-2020, 12:46 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Trump is leaving Joel a 30K DJIA. What will he do with it?

He is also leaving Biden with a 200K COVID daily infection rate and 1K daily deaths.  

Maybe they are better KPIs to measure the efficacy of a President who is supposed to be of the people, by the people, for the people, and not just satisfying the needs of Hedge Funds.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 04:24 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 04:17 PM)captivating Wrote:

He is also leaving Biden with a 200K COVID daily infection rate and 1K daily deaths.  

Maybe they are better KPIs to measure the efficacy of a President who is supposed to be of the people, by the people, for the people, and not just satisfying the needs of Hedge Funds.

Not to mention a brutal economy and bad unemployment rates.  The markets and the economy are two very different things. Things will get worse before they get better.

He's also leaving Biden with a vaccine in a couple of weeks.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 04:52 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 04:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He's also leaving Biden with a vaccine in a couple of weeks.

Yup.  One that is 90% effective coming from Germany...showing that he was not the first to get that done either.  The US one under his Operation Warp Speed was shown to be only 70% effective in clinical trials.  No victory lap for him there.

(11-24-2020, 04:32 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 04:27 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: He's also leaving Biden with a vaccine in a couple of weeks.

Yup.  One that is 90% effective coming from Germany...showing that he was not the first to get that done either.  The US one under his Operation Warp Speed was shown to be only 70% effective in clinical trials.  No victory lap for him there.

Lol, ok. You haven't ever seen the government move this fast. Operation Warp Speed is something everyone should be proud of.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 05:09 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 05:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 04:32 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: Yup.  One that is 90% effective coming from Germany...showing that he was not the first to get that done either.  The US one under his Operation Warp Speed was shown to be only 70% effective in clinical trials.  No victory lap for him there.

Lol, ok. You haven't ever seen the government move this fast. Operation Warp Speed is something everyone should be proud of.

You act like it wouldn't have gotten done without Trump.... that's completely false.  The evidence is that other countries already beat us to it.  Its good we did it, but let's not think any other president would not have done the same; likely even more effectively.  And ANY other president would have been promoting the CDC guidelines from the start instead of creating the chaos, misinformation, and COVID conspiracies that Trump has.  He has handled this like an idiot; and he's paid the price for that.

(11-24-2020, 05:06 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 05:01 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Lol, ok. You haven't ever seen the government move this fast. Operation Warp Speed is something everyone should be proud of.

You act like it wouldn't have gotten done without Trump.... that's completely false.  The evidence is that other countries already beat us to it.  Its good we did it, but let's not think any other president would not have done the same; likely even more effectively.  And ANY other president would have been promoting the CDC guidelines from the start instead of creating the chaos, misinformation, and COVID conspiracies that Trump has.  He has handled this like an idiot; and he's paid the price for that.

Lol.

(This post was last modified: 11-24-2020, 05:32 PM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(11-24-2020, 05:27 PM)jj82284 Wrote:
(11-24-2020, 05:06 PM)NeptuneBeachBum Wrote: You act like it wouldn't have gotten done without Trump.... that's completely false.  The evidence is that other countries already beat us to it.  Its good we did it, but let's not think any other president would not have done the same; likely even more effectively.  And ANY other president would have been promoting the CDC guidelines from the start instead of creating the chaos, misinformation, and COVID conspiracies that Trump has.  He has handled this like an idiot; and he's paid the price for that.

Lol.

Oh look!  I found a COVID conspiracy theorist who thinks he knows more about infectious diseases than epidemiologists!  Let me guess... you live at a Holiday Inn Express?

Should be OK.  

GW Bush left Obama with a 8k DJIA, a housing market crisis, banks & auto industries in jeopardy of collapsing, and a war partially predicated upon Iraq having weapons of mass destruction (i.e. nuclear weapons) .......... and all Obama did was fix everything as he left Trump with the silver platter.   Kind of like Tomlin inheriting Big Ben after the Steelers won the SB .... just don't screw it up.

(This post was last modified: 12-01-2020, 12:32 AM by NeptuneBeachBum.)

(12-01-2020, 12:03 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

Should be OK.  

GW Bush left Obama with a 8k DJIA, a housing market crisis, banks & auto industries in jeopardy of collapsing, and a war partially predicated upon Iraq having weapons of mass destruction (i.e. nuclear weapons) .......... and all Obama did was fix everything as he left Trump with the silver platter.   Kind of like Tomlin inheriting Big Ben after the Steelers won the SB .... just don't screw it up.

Kind of like inheriting millions of dollars from your dad and filing bankruptcy 6 times?  Or leveraging all of your assets in foreign bank loans so your net worth deteriorates so badly you have to make shady deals just to stay afloat?  Speaking in general terms, and of no one in particular, of course.

The Biden, GA runoff selloff has began. Hang on to your seats. It's going to get ugly. If Dems take control of the Senate, the selloff will be like nothing anyone has ever seen before.

(01-04-2021, 04:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The Biden, GA runoff selloff has began. Hang on to your seats. It's going to get ugly. If Dems take control of the Senate, the selloff will be like nothing anyone has ever seen before.

Just remember to buy at the bottom.  I know I will.
My fellow southpaw Mark Brunell will probably always be my favorite Jaguar.

(01-04-2021, 04:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:
(01-04-2021, 04:11 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The Biden, GA runoff selloff has began. Hang on to your seats. It's going to get ugly. If Dems take control of the Senate, the selloff will be like nothing anyone has ever seen before.

Who knew that "market correction" translated to Democrat majority in real world terms.

(This post was last modified: 01-04-2021, 06:08 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-04-2021, 04:29 PM)mikesez Wrote:

I almost bought Quantumscape (QS) right before the close today.  Stock dropped 40% today.