Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Stock Market Under Trump

(02-12-2018, 11:04 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 09:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Being highly entertained by pure incompetence does not equal hate, sorry RJ.

You guys just don't know how to behave when you don't get your way. Republicans do. I have zero doubt 99% of republicans would have accepted the result of a Hillary victory and moved on. Liberals are violent people pretending to be peaceful.

I don't know if they're even pretending anymore with this whole antifa garbage.

The great irony being that no one practices violent fascist tactics like antifa.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2018, 09:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You guys just don't know how to behave when you don't get your way. Republicans do.

[Image: trump-baby-birth-certificate.jpg]

(02-12-2018, 12:10 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 09:10 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: You guys just don't know how to behave when you don't get your way. Republicans do.

[Image: trump-baby-birth-certificate.jpg]

You're right....  Hillary should have never started that rumor...

(02-08-2018, 05:05 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So is Trump still the key to the stock market?

Sure he is. Why would anyone even question this?

Dips happen. There were a couple huge dips during Obama, but the market always recovers. That said, the escalation to its current lofty peeks are clearly due to Trump. You can tell by just watching how the market totally stagnated under Obama sticking around 18000 aside from when it dipped and recovered, but the day after Trump won the Presidency, the market began its historic rise, and it kept on rising right up until this recent dip that it's now recovering from.  It peaked at just over 26,600 a couple weeks ago before dipping to just under 23,900 a week ago, but it's now back up over 24,600. I'm thinking it's just that the overall number is so much higher that the dips are bigger.

'02

(02-13-2018, 06:17 AM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 05:05 PM)lastonealive Wrote: So is Trump still the key to the stock market?

Sure he is. Why would anyone even question this?

Dips happen. There were a couple huge dips during Obama, but the market always recovers. That said, the escalation to its current lofty peeks are clearly due to Trump. You can tell by just watching how the market totally stagnated under Obama sticking around 18000 aside from when it dipped and recovered, but the day after Trump won the Presidency, the market began its historic rise, and it kept on rising right up until this recent dip that it's now recovering from.  It peaked at just over 26,600 a couple weeks ago before dipping to just under 23,900 a week ago, but it's now back up over 24,600. I'm thinking it's just that the overall number is so much higher that the dips are bigger.

I think you should specify what period of time you are talking about when you say "the market totally stagnated under Obama..."   Because "under Obama" includes 8 years, which in total saw a historic rise in the stock market.  So I assume you're talking about a smaller unit of time than the  8 years of the Obama administration.

(02-13-2018, 06:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 06:17 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Sure he is. Why would anyone even question this?

I think you should specify what period of time you are talking about when you say "the market totally stagnated under Obama..."   Because "under Obama" includes 8 years, which in total saw a historic rise in the stock market.  So I assume you're talking about a smaller unit of time than the  8 years of the Obama administration.

At least from the start of  November 2013 to the start of November 2016
(election day), the average remained between roughly 16,000 and 18,000. It even went back and forth a little between those numbers but stayed there for three full years prior to Trump winning the election. I never considered a longer time-frame because that was plenty enough to prove to me that market took off once Trump was elected.

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2018, 01:24 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-13-2018, 06:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 06:17 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Sure he is. Why would anyone even question this?

I think he meant that his financial situation stagnated because he was not bright enough to invest in an economy that bottomed out under Bush.

(02-13-2018, 12:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 06:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I think you should specify what period of time you are talking about when you say "the market totally stagnated under Obama..."   Because "under Obama" includes 8 years, which in total saw a historic rise in the stock market.  So I assume you're talking about a smaller unit of time than the  8 years of the Obama administration.

(election day), the average remained between roughly 16,000 and 18,000. It even went back and forth a little between those numbers but stayed there for three full years prior to Trump winning the election. I never considered a longer time-frame because that was plenty enough to prove to me that market took off once Trump was elected.

Dude, our properties appreciated 30% between 2013 and 2015 so the economy was still booming under Obama, the stock market is just 1 factor of the economy.  The Dow may have slowed down at that time but the overall economy was definitely in the prosperity range.

(02-13-2018, 01:39 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-13-2018, 12:40 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

Dude, our properties appreciated 30% between 2013 and 2015 so the economy was still booming under Obama, the stock market is just 1 factor of the economy.  The Dow may have slowed down at that time but the overall economy was definitely in the prosperity range.

This thread is specifically about the stock market under Bush. Sure it's just one indicator of the economy, but it's an indicator that clearly shows the market began to boom as soon as it was announced that Trump won the election. Whatever booming you're talking about under Obama is something I don't even recall but moreover is irrelevant to the stock market boom this thread is about. 

'02

The people gloating about the market "crash" a couple weeks ago disappeared like a fart in the wind, as expected of course.

(02-26-2018, 04:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The people gloating about the market "crash" a couple weeks ago disappeared like a fart in the wind, as expected of course.

Don't your knees hurt?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-26-2018, 05:00 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 04:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: The people gloating about the market "crash" a couple weeks ago disappeared like a fart in the wind, as expected of course.

Don't your knees hurt?

Look, I realize Captain D's probably doesn't have an employer sponsored retirement plan, but you can at least be happy for the rest of us.

I stated long ago that this correction had been expected.  I expected it long before it happened but knew that it eventually was going to happen.  I saw an article today that the market has recovered over 50% of the "losses" during the correction.  Meanwhile I bought on the dip.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-26-2018, 06:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 05:00 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: Don't your knees hurt?

Look, I realize Captain D's probably doesn't have an employer sponsored retirement plan, but you can at least be happy for the rest of us.

You've made it clear you can be bought. Now I guess we're just determining your price.

A guy with a 401K and an internet connection is now Warren Buffett? You seem somewhat insecure. Kind of like your boy claiming he would have rushed into the school unarmed. I suspect your net worth is not overly impressive.

(02-27-2018, 01:33 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 06:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Look, I realize Captain D's probably doesn't have an employer sponsored retirement plan, but you can at least be happy for the rest of us.

You've made it clear you can be bought. Now I guess we're just determining your price.

A guy with a 401K and an internet connection is now Warren Buffett? You seem somewhat insecure. Kind of like your boy claiming he would have rushed into the school unarmed. I suspect your net worth is not overly impressive.

I have zero doubts Trump would have rushed into the building.

He does a lot of things without thinking first so I'm pretty sure he would do it.

I would have gone in, but I'm never not armed... so...

(02-27-2018, 03:22 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 01:33 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: You've made it clear you can be bought. Now I guess we're just determining your price.

He does a lot of things without thinking first so I'm pretty sure he would do it.

There is no chance he would have ran into that building. Not a chance.

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 08:12 PM by StroudCrowd1.)

(02-27-2018, 01:33 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-26-2018, 06:24 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Look, I realize Captain D's probably doesn't have an employer sponsored retirement plan, but you can at least be happy for the rest of us.

PM me. I'd be glad to compare this year's tax documents with you as well as investment accounts.

(This post was last modified: 02-28-2018, 10:50 AM by Adam2012.)

(02-27-2018, 03:22 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 01:33 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: You've made it clear you can be bought. Now I guess we're just determining your price.

lol ... you may be right about Trump ... but I'm pretty sure he would have been back at Mar-a-Lago before the last round was fired.

(02-27-2018, 08:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:

PM me. I'd be glad to compare this year's tax documents with you as well as investment accounts.

ooooh - touched a nerve, did I? I'll post my financials when your boy shows us his tax returns.

Why is it so important that you be thought of as some financial whiz? You do realize that we are all anonymous - and no one cares.

(02-28-2018, 10:46 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 03:22 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I have zero doubts Trump would have rushed into the building.

lol ... you may be right about Trump ... but I'm pretty sure he would have been back at Mar-a-Lago before the last round was fired.

(02-27-2018, 08:12 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: PM me. I'd be glad to compare this year's tax documents with you as well as investment accounts.

ooooh - touched a nerve, did I? I'll post my financials when your boy shows us his tax returns.

Why is it so important that you be thought of as some financial whiz? You do realize that we are all anonymous - and no one cares.

Who said anything about being a financial wiz? Typical liberal putting words in someones mouth. You don't have to be a financial wiz to benefit from a Trump economy.

(02-28-2018, 02:30 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-28-2018, 10:46 AM)Adam2012 Wrote: lol ... you may be right about Trump ... but I'm pretty sure he would have been back at Mar-a-Lago before the last round was fired.

Who said anything about being a financial wiz? Typical liberal putting words in someones mouth. You don't have to be a financial wiz to benefit from a Trump economy.
Do you two need a ruler to settle this once and for all?