Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Would you take Tyrod Taylor over Blake Bortles in 2018?

(09-21-2018, 10:46 AM)Kane Wrote: It's kinda funny to see the trolls that roll thru here and then disappear forever.
And considering some of our posters... I just wonder how many of them were ever real lol

Also... what happened to spacecoast?
Dude should be here for what looks like Bortles' best season yet.

He can't troll about it any more, so he's done.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Tyrod isn't a bad QB. Mayfield is just more dynamic for the type of offense they want to run.

I can see Taylor being a solid backup becaue he is 1000x better than Henne.

(09-21-2018, 12:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tyrod isn't a bad QB. Mayfield is just more dynamic for the type of offense they want to run.

I agree with all of this. Taylor isn't bad, he just isn't very good either. He needs a really good offense around him, and he doesn't have that in Cleveland.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2018, 01:33 PM by Eye of the Storm.)

(09-21-2018, 10:46 AM)Kane Wrote: It's kinda funny to see the trolls that roll thru here and then disappear forever.
And considering some of our posters... I just wonder how many of them were ever real lol

It is kinda weird that spacecoast hasn’t showed up around here. I’m not even seeing him commenting on any of BCC Facebook posts either. I guess if he can’t troll he’s gotta roll.

Edit: You can still find him commenting on the Jaguars Facebook page on any article that talks about BB5.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-21-2018, 01:02 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 12:40 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Tyrod isn't a bad QB. Mayfield is just more dynamic for the type of offense they want to run.

I agree with all of this. Taylor isn't bad, he just isn't very good either. He needs a really good offense around him, and he doesn't have that in Cleveland.

Yep, Cleveland is probably the worst place he could have gone if he wants to continue to be a starter. He could start in Arizona.

(09-21-2018, 01:18 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote:

It is kinda weird that spacecoast hasn’t showed up around here. I’m not even seeing him commenting on any of BCC Facebook posts either. I guess if he can’t troll he’s gotta roll.

Edit: You can still find him commenting on the Jaguars Facebook page on any article that talks about BB5.

going to his user page... he's been logged in lurking, just not posting lol
probably has a different name he's been using since his last post back during the playoffs

(09-21-2018, 02:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 01:18 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: It is kinda weird that spacecoast hasn’t showed up around here. I’m not even seeing him commenting on any of BCC Facebook posts either. I guess if he can’t troll he’s gotta roll.

probably has a different name he's been using since his last post back during the playoffs
Check out the Jaguars Facebook post from Tuesday about Blake Bortles and go to the comments section of that post and see if you can spot him. ;-)
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(09-21-2018, 02:00 PM)Kane Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 01:18 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: It is kinda weird that spacecoast hasn’t showed up around here. I’m not even seeing him commenting on any of BCC Facebook posts either. I guess if he can’t troll he’s gotta roll.

I'm just really surprised he's not here starting 50 threads since he actually can praise Blake without a ton of backlash right now.

I am one of Tyrod's bigger fans, and even I didn't say I would have wanted him over Bortles going forward. Yeah, it was mostly injury related, but still.

I think if you put a healthy Tyrod on our team right now with our defense and surrounding talent we'd be pretty happy with what he was doing. Buffalo and Cleveland are obviously among the very worst situations for his skill set.

(09-22-2018, 08:55 AM)Upper Wrote: I am one of Tyrod's bigger fans, and even I didn't say I would have wanted him over Bortles going forward. Yeah, it was mostly injury related, but still.

I think if you put a healthy Tyrod on our team right now with our defense and surrounding talent we'd be pretty happy with what he was doing. Buffalo and Cleveland are obviously among the very worst situations for his skill set.

We wouldnt of beat the Pat's if Taylor was our QB and would never do anything in the playoffs if he was our QB.  I dont think that would make us very happy.  Taylor has weapons in Cleveland, he just holds on to the ball to long, isn't accurate, and bad decision making.  I'm not a fan of those types of QBs.  He can scramble good but he is no Tebow, nor does he have the arm of Tebow, maybe a bit better short throw accuracy.  Tebow was one of the best deep ball throwers in the league though

No he wasn't.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(09-22-2018, 12:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 08:55 AM)Upper Wrote: I am one of Tyrod's bigger fans, and even I didn't say I would have wanted him over Bortles going forward. Yeah, it was mostly injury related, but still.

We wouldnt of beat the Pat's if Taylor was our QB and would never do anything in the playoffs if he was our QB.  I dont think that would make us very happy.  Taylor has weapons in Cleveland, he just holds on to the ball to long, isn't accurate, and bad decision making.  I'm not a fan of those types of QBs.  He can scramble good but he is no Tebow, nor does he have the arm of Tebow, maybe a bit better short throw accuracy.  Tebow was one of the best deep ball throwers in the league though

OMG!  Really still we must hear of St. Tebow?  For the love of humanity!  He sucked so much as an NFL QB he is playing baseball.  LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Tyrod sucks too.  Where are all of those talking heads telling us how we had to get Taylor to be competitive?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(09-22-2018, 06:07 PM)copycat Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 12:45 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: We wouldnt of beat the Pat's if Taylor was our QB and would never do anything in the playoffs if he was our QB.  I dont think that would make us very happy.  Taylor has weapons in Cleveland, he just holds on to the ball to long, isn't accurate, and bad decision making.  I'm not a fan of those types of QBs.  He can scramble good but he is no Tebow, nor does he have the arm of Tebow, maybe a bit better short throw accuracy.  Tebow was one of the best deep ball throwers in the league though

OMG!  Really still we must hear of St. Tebow?  For the love of humanity!  He sucked so much as an NFL QB he is playing baseball.  LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and Tyrod sucks too.  Where are all of those talking heads telling us how we had to get Taylor to be competitive?

I just don't understand...

(09-22-2018, 06:47 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 06:07 PM)copycat Wrote: OMG!  Really still we must hear of St. Tebow?  For the love of humanity!  He sucked so much as an NFL QB he is playing baseball.  LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just don't understand...

I know better.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Tyrod is Tavirish Jackson