Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Any news on the uniform change?

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 12:12 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(01-25-2018, 08:28 AM)temporaryname Wrote: I'm in complete agreement... Those helmets HAVE to go.

Can't win a SB in a half painted helmet. No wonder we don't get the calls, our helmets are distracting the refs.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Ok, more appropriately then.. why care?

As fans, we don't wear them anyway.. so what the players on the field wear on their heads shouldn't really matter?...
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

(01-25-2018, 11:59 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 11:55 AM)I JackCity Wrote: Helmets are going back to all black. Jerseys are going to be primarily black with some teal accents unfortunately. Also going to have a full teal jerseys for the color rush/alternate.

Ugh, but...why? Teal is our main identifying color; it truly is what separates us from the league. Plenty of other teams feature black as their main color or as alternates, and gold as well. We should be embracing our own unique identity. Go back to majority teal please

I feel exactly the same way. WHy does Khan hate the teal? Teal is the Jaguars!

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

If history is any indication  - the past two design changes have been unveiled in April when the team typically is really ramping up season ticket sales drives and the team is about to draft a new crop of rookies.

I don't expect anything official until then.  The word coming  (supposedly from people in the building) around twitter is that it's a "fix" of the helmet and "tweaks" to the uniform.
Take it with a grain of salt, though.  Details are just rumors at this point, but several beat reporters have confirmed that there will indeed be changes made.

(01-25-2018, 12:09 PM)brianmsbc Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 09:16 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You guys are like women arguing over who wore it better.

It's a friggin' helmet. Who cares?

There is a thread on it... and people are responding to the thread... so... looks like people care. 

Go back to your cattle drive, John Wayne.

Pilgrims
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(01-25-2018, 10:27 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: In all reality, you could wear that in London and be the only one wearing one of those...

I did.. and I was. LOL

(01-25-2018, 12:48 PM)Perkolater Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 10:27 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: In all reality, you could wear that in London and be the only one wearing one of those...

I did.. and I was.  LOL

Neither points there surprise me.... Tongue
[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

I'd love the helmets to go Matte Black
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

I just hope they get the plastic accents off the shoulder pads. It would be nice to wear the jersey in September without getting burned.

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 01:10 PM by JackCity.)

(01-25-2018, 12:02 PM)Brett Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 11:55 AM)JackCity Wrote: Helmets are going back to all black. Jerseys are going to be primarily black with some teal accents unfortunately. Also going to have a full teal jerseys for the color rush/alternate.

Curious, where did you hear this? Is this confirmed? Love the idea of going back to all black helmets...thank you.

MadeByTim on twitter has been talking about it for months. He's a graphic designer in Jacksonville for the PGA Tour and has colleagues in the know. Several others people have mentioned it. Mark Long has said some stuff also.

(01-25-2018, 11:59 AM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 11:55 AM)I JackCity Wrote: Helmets are going back to all black. Jerseys are going to be primarily black with some teal accents unfortunately. Also going to have a full teal jerseys for the color rush/alternate.

Ugh, but...why? Teal is our main identifying color; it truly is what separates us from the league. Plenty of other teams feature black as their main color or as alternates, and gold as well. We should be embracing our own unique identity. Go back to majority teal please

Yeah its not cool. Teal is US and should be used as such. Shad isn't a fan for whatever reason. Would have thought Coughlin could sort it out but nah.  

Nothing has been official yet but everything close to it I've seen has said it will be primarily be black.

mark long on twitter has been talking about this for awhile as well. said the same thing. going to all black helmets. and making some uniform tweaks.

(01-25-2018, 09:20 AM)Rico Wrote: I like the helmets.

Me too.
Unique.

The only thing I wanna change is bringing the teal jersey back as the primary. Black alternates and white road.
Oh... perhaps a teal color rush instead of the ugly doo doo mustard "gold" ones.

(01-25-2018, 09:16 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You guys are like women arguing over who wore it better.

It's a friggin' helmet. Who cares?

Well then why dont we just draw a penis on the helmet because who cares

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 02:51 PM by jvillejagsn1.)

I hope we go with the black matte type base. Maybe a teal face guard and gold trimming?
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

(This post was last modified: 01-25-2018, 03:09 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(01-25-2018, 10:19 AM)Perkolater Wrote:
(01-25-2018, 09:24 AM)DarloJAG84 Wrote: Glad it isn't like Soccer. I'm not sure what it's like in the US Soccer League(s) but over here our teams always have 2, often 3 and sometimes 4 different jerseys EVERY season.. they're not cheap either.. you can pay up to £75 (Approx $100) for a soccer jersey... 4 times per year... EVERY year.. no thanks.

I'm the only one I know with one of these:  

[Image: 8-7_fulhamjersey.jpg]

And of course they've changed.

Fulhams New Logo Next Year 

[Image: 904.jpg]

Our uniforms are bad. The helmet is awful and the jersey and pants are average at best. Thank god for a change.

I hated the new logo but it grew on me. Am I safe to buy some Jags hats and shirts or should I wait to see if they change the logo again?

If we get rid of the gold in the helmets then where would the gold be?

(01-25-2018, 03:20 PM)DUVALLLLLL Wrote: Our uniforms are bad. The helmet is awful and the jersey and pants are average at best. Thank god for a change.

I hated the new logo but it grew on me. Am I safe to buy some Jags hats and shirts or should I wait to see if they change the logo again?

I don't see any reason they would change the logo.

Our teal Jerseys with the Black pants/accents with an all matte black helmet would be one of the sickest jerseys in the league. The only thing that would push it over the top as my favorite would be if they reintroduced the classic logo. Still not a fan of our new logo... like at all.

Make the teal alternates the primary, finish painting the helmet. Done.

Just saved the organization millions.