Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This might be a good year to trade two first round picks to move up in the draft...

(01-30-2018, 03:19 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 03:16 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: To me, it's more risky to spend 25 to 30 million dollars on guys like Smith or Cousins, than to use two first round picks to grab a QB.  Smith started the season hot, and collapsed.  Same with the playoff game against the Titans.  Bortles had the opposite trajectory. He played well in the playoffs.  

Cousins - meh.  For 25-30 million, you better be playing like Drew Brees. I just don't see that with Cousins.

Except for ya know that first game against the Bills that we would have lost to if it was any other playoff team.

He was the leading rusher in that game. Heck, he's one of the leading rushers in the playoffs. 

We don't beat the Steelers without Blake.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-30-2018, 03:23 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 03:19 PM)Upper Wrote: Except for ya know that first game against the Bills that we would have lost to if it was any other playoff team.

He was the leading rusher in that game. Heck, he's one of the leading rushers in the playoffs. 

So, we still lose if it was any other playoff team. And why couldn't we have beaten the Steelers without Blake? Could another QB not have hit those 3 dump offs on the first drive that got us the TD? Could they not have handed off to Fournette for the TD after Jacks INT? Could they not have hit a WIDE OPEN FB seam route? We seriously need to stop pretending like what Blake did was anything special. They asked him to hit elementary school passes, and he hit elementary school passes (as well as missing a lot of elementary passes to be fair). Virtually any other starting QB could have done that.

(This post was last modified: 01-30-2018, 03:44 PM by TrivialPursuit.)

(01-30-2018, 03:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 03:23 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: He was the leading rusher in that game. Heck, he's one of the leading rushers in the playoffs. 

So, we still lose if it was any other playoff team. And why couldn't we have beaten the Steelers without Blake? Could another QB not have hit those 3 dump offs on the first drive that got us the TD? Could they not have handed off to Fournette for the TD after Jacks INT? Could they not have hit a WIDE OPEN FB seam route? We seriously need to stop pretending like what Blake did was anything special. They asked him to hit elementary school passes, and he hit elementary school passes (as well as missing a lot of elementary passes to be fair). Virtually any other starting QB could have done that.

You realize that was the gameplan for Buffalo, right?

Our roster was better from top to bottom - they just needed to play mistake-free football to get the W. Which they did.

(01-30-2018, 03:28 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 03:23 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: He was the leading rusher in that game. Heck, he's one of the leading rushers in the playoffs. 

You mean other playoff teams like the ones with the top byes? The Steelers and the Patriots? 'Cause Blake played well against them.

Only QB I would trade up for is Rosen and he is not getting out the top 5, so no
<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(01-30-2018, 03:44 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 03:28 PM)Upper Wrote: So, we still lose if it was any other playoff team. And why couldn't we have beaten the Steelers without Blake? Could another QB not have hit those 3 dump offs on the first drive that got us the TD? Could they not have handed off to Fournette for the TD after Jacks INT? Could they not have hit a WIDE OPEN FB seam route? We seriously need to stop pretending like what Blake did was anything special. They asked him to hit elementary school passes, and he hit elementary school passes (as well as missing a lot of elementary passes to be fair). Virtually any other starting QB could have done that.

You realize that was the gameplan for Buffalo, right?

Our roster was better from top to bottom - they just needed to play mistake-free football to get the W. Which they did.

Yeah I'm sure the gameplan was to be up by only one score with them having the ball on our side of the 50 with minutes left in the game and anything could have happened. C'mon man if Blake could have ran the score up we would have ran the score up, but Blake was terrible.

(01-30-2018, 03:19 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 03:16 PM)JagFanFirst Wrote: To me, it's more risky to spend 25 to 30 million dollars on guys like Smith or Cousins, than to use two first round picks to grab a QB.  Smith started the season hot, and collapsed.  Same with the playoff game against the Titans.  Bortles had the opposite trajectory. He played well in the playoffs.  

Cousins - meh.  For 25-30 million, you better be playing like Drew Brees. I just don't see that with Cousins.

Except for ya know that first game against the Bills that we would have lost to if it was any other playoff team.

And if Bortles had ARob for the entire season, he'd have over 5k passing yards, 40 TDs and we'd win the Super Bowl by 35 points. Man I love what ifs!!

Hell to the nah!

"Picks, not players"
-Ketch Vicman

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018, 06:58 AM by ColoJag.)

I watched Rosen against USC,Colorado,Washington,and Arizona State this year and I don't love him. Now when I went back to watch him against Stanford in 2016 he looked alot better. It might be because his oline was very shaky this year but I don't like his ball placement. Alot of his throws are high if theyre within 15 yards and he also tries to force the ball into small windows but every qb in this class seems to do that. My comp for him is Eli Manning
My comp for Allen is Ryan Tannehill
My comp for Rudolph is Alex Smith
My comp for Jackson is Tyrod Taylor

(02-01-2018, 06:56 AM)ColoJag Wrote: I watched Rosen against USC,Colorado,Washington,and Arizona State this year and I don't love him. Now when I went back to watch him against Stanford in 2016 he looked alot better. It might be because his oline was very shaky this year but I don't like his ball placement. Alot of his throws are high if theyre within 15 yards and he also tries to force the ball into small windows but every qb in this class seems to do that. My comp for him is Eli Manning
Tyrod Taylor.... Interesting QB comp.

(01-30-2018, 03:53 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 03:44 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: You realize that was the gameplan for Buffalo, right?

Yeah I'm sure the gameplan was to be up by only one score with them having the ball on our side of the 50 with minutes left in the game and anything could have happened. C'mon man if Blake could have ran the score up we would have ran the score up, but Blake was terrible.

So.... Pittsburgh just sucks?

(02-01-2018, 09:56 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So.... Pittsburgh just sucks?

Cmon man, dontchya know? The D won that game by only giving up 42.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-01-2018, 09:41 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 06:56 AM)ColoJag Wrote: I watched Rosen against USC,Colorado,Washington,and Arizona State this year and I don't love him. Now when I went back to watch him against Stanford in 2016 he looked alot better. It might be because his oline was very shaky this year but I don't like his ball placement. Alot of his throws are high if theyre within 15 yards and he also tries to force the ball into small windows but every qb in this class seems to do that. My comp for him is Eli Manning
Tyrod Taylor.... Interesting QB comp.

Its a lazy comp. Taylor couldn't hold Jackson's jock strap RIGHT NOW.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Rudolph 6'5 235 , not very mobile, great deep passer , average accuracy =s  Alex Smith?

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018, 03:26 PM by Kane.)

This guy didn't comp Jackson (assuming he doesn't think Jackson is 1st round quality I guess)
https://nflspinzone.com/2018/01/27/nfl-d...rterbacks/
Allen=Flacco
Mayfield=Prescott
Rosen=Stafford
Darnold=Carr

But I did find one comp on Jackson I found interesting
Zierlein of NFL.com comps Jackson with Randall Cunningham

So... Cunningham would be intriguing but I'd want Stafford of all these guys.

But I wouldn't trade the farm to move up for any of them honestly.

(02-01-2018, 02:52 PM)JackCity Wrote:
Rudolph 6'5 235 , not very mobile, great deep passer , average accuracy =s  Alex Smith?

Actually... that sounds more like Big Ben haha although I'd say his accuracy is probably better than average

Especially when throwing to Jaguars
hahahaha

(This post was last modified: 02-01-2018, 07:27 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-01-2018, 02:52 PM)JackCity Wrote:

Absolutely Not true. 65% completion percentage on a 10 yards per attempt average? That ranked top 20 in the NCAA and the yards per attempt ranked 3rd behind Mayfield and McKenzie Milton. When you combine the two, you can make an argument that he was one of the 10 most accurate passers in the NCAA last season. How is that average? There are several things you can disagree about Rudolph on and that can be your opinion, but accuracy is not one. He's one of the most accurate passers in the NCAA.

(02-01-2018, 05:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 02:52 PM)JackCity Wrote: Rudolph 6'5 235 , not very mobile, great deep passer , average accuracy =s  Alex Smith?

Absolutely Not true. 65% completion percentage on a 10 yards per attempt average? That ranked top 20 in the NCAA and the yards per attempt ranked 3rd behind Mayfield and McKenzie Milton. When you combine the two, you can make an argument that he was one of the 10 most accurate passers in the NCAA last season. How is that average? There are several things you can disagree about Rudolph on and that can be your opinion, but accuracy is not one. He's one of the most accurate passers in the NCAA.

We already had this discussion.  

Here's his 2017 stats (by draft eligible FBS QBs from 2012, ranked out of 50)  

Total accuracy: 71% (26th). 
Pre LOS accuracy: 89% (34th.....95 out of his 489 passes came before the LOS) 
Past LOS accuracy: 66% (25th)  
0-10 yards accuracy : 73% (31st)  
11-19th accuracy: 67% ( 11th)  
20+ accuracy :  52% ( 17th)    

So yeah, very good intermediate and deep passer (although should be noted that Oklahoma states scheme aids this a lot). Average accuracy to below average accuracy everywhere else. Particularly short.  

2017 was his best season accuracy wise too. If you do an analysis of his career accuracy it paints a similar picture. Very good deep passer with below average accuracy short. Poor placement too.  Still an intriguing prospect overall, just a terrible comp for Alex Smith.

(02-01-2018, 08:59 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 05:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Absolutely Not true. 65% completion percentage on a 10 yards per attempt average? That ranked top 20 in the NCAA and the yards per attempt ranked 3rd behind Mayfield and McKenzie Milton. When you combine the two, you can make an argument that he was one of the 10 most accurate passers in the NCAA last season. How is that average? There are several things you can disagree about Rudolph on and that can be your opinion, but accuracy is not one. He's one of the most accurate passers in the NCAA.

We already had this discussion.  

So yeah, very good intermediate and deep passer (although should be noted that Oklahoma states scheme aids this a lot). Average accuracy to below average accuracy everywhere else. Particularly short.  

2017 was his best season accuracy wise too. If you do an analysis of his career accuracy it paints a similar picture. Very good deep passer with below average accuracy short. Poor placement too.  Still an intriguing prospect overall, just a terrible comp for Alex Smith.

I don't know how you do your math, but there are 130 division 1A schools that stats are taken from. None of those rankings come close to classifying him as below average. I'm getting my stats straight from ESPN, so I know they are reputable.

(02-01-2018, 10:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 08:59 PM)JackCity Wrote: We already had this discussion.  

I don't know how you do your math, but there are 130 division 1A schools that stats are taken from. None of those rankings come close to classifying him as below average. I'm getting my stats straight from ESPN, so I know they are reputable.

It's from FBS QBs that have been drafted since 2012. With the 2017 class being all the QBs that should get drafted this year.  

They are comparison stats to provide context.

(02-01-2018, 10:31 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-01-2018, 10:21 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't know how you do your math, but there are 130 division 1A schools that stats are taken from. None of those rankings come close to classifying him as below average. I'm getting my stats straight from ESPN, so I know they are reputable.

It's from FBS QBs that have been drafted since 2012. With the 2017 class being all the QBs that should get drafted this year.  

They are comparison stats to provide context.

How do you know these are correct stats? They certainly don't look right from the games I watched. I mean, I could make up a bunch of stats and put them out there on the internet with no actual research behind them and some people might actually believe they are real. Until I see them on a reputable site that I recognize, I'll go by what my eyes and sites like ESPN tell me.