Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Smith traded to the Redskins..

(01-30-2018, 11:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Interesting. Kirk Cousins could end up in a lot of places though. Arizona, Minnesotta, New York, Buffalo, Miami, Denver & Cleveland could all have eyes on him. Maybe us. I don't know.

Here's another interesting scenario. Let's say New England wins it's 6th Championship and Brady decides that's enough. What if he retires after that game and Bill Belichick decides to keep coaching? Cousins would have to be considered there as well.

Personally. I don't want to see us break the bank for him. You would end up being tied to him for a few years which makes it difficult to maintain the youth we already have that was just a game away from the Superbowl. Should go with Bortles and draft a viable back up to groom.

Maybe pick up Bridgewater to replace Henne as well.

A healthy Bridgewater is better than BB. If he comes here, he starts.

No, he's not. He kinda sucks, man.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-30-2018, 11:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: A healthy Bridgewater is better than BB. If he comes here, he starts.

No, he's not. He kinda sucks, man.

He's deeply embedded on the Anyone But Blake train.

(01-30-2018, 11:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:50 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: I kinda feel bad for you anti-Bortles people. Every move this off-season is going to hurt your hearts.

Not as much as your heart will be hurting in December if this team stays inactive in the QB space.

Lol, nah. You'll come around after the draft. Bortles and a draft pick, gonna be a great year!
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Foles, then Bridgewater, come on man. Lol

I am noticing that.

He's younger than Cousins and Alex Smith; yet everyone writes him off as garbage... like it's impossible for him to get better like both Smith and Cousins did. I respect toughness more than anything else in football - and Blake has it in spades. I confess I liked Byron Leftwich longer than I should have because he was a tough bastard.

Apparently the Browns also tried to get Smith, but decided to be the Browns about it.

Any word on what KC got yet?
Only a chump boos the home team!

(01-30-2018, 11:15 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:12 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Interesting. Kirk Cousins could end up in a lot of places though. Arizona, Minnesotta, New York, Buffalo, Miami, Denver & Cleveland could all have eyes on him. Maybe us. I don't know.

Here's another interesting scenario. Let's say New England wins it's 6th Championship and Brady decides that's enough. What if he retires after that game and Bill Belichick decides to keep coaching? Cousins would have to be considered there as well.

Personally. I don't want to see us break the bank for him. You would end up being tied to him for a few years which makes it difficult to maintain the youth we already have that was just a game away from the Superbowl. Should go with Bortles and draft a viable back up to groom.

Maybe pick up Bridgewater to replace Henne as well.

A healthy Bridgewater is better than BB. If he comes here, he starts.

Here's what you do, find the closest mirror most likely in the bathroom and stare deep into it then raise your right hand and slap yourself.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

(01-31-2018, 12:12 AM)Kotite Wrote: Any word on what KC got yet?

Reports say 3rd and player to be named later.

(01-31-2018, 12:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:59 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: No, he's not. He kinda sucks, man.

He's deeply embedded on the Anyone But Blake train.

(01-30-2018, 11:55 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Not as much as your heart will be hurting in December if this team stays inactive in the QB space.

Lol, nah. You'll come around after the draft. Bortles and a draft pick, gonna be a great year!

I am unsure why you are so high on a QB the coaching staff didn't trust to gain 35 yards with 55 seconds and 2 time outs. Do you think he will miraculously turn into that guy during the off-season.

I believe in the mantra of keep trying to get better. Sorry.

player is Kendall Fuller according to Schefter

one of the better slot corners in the league

Redskins got hosed on this one. Not shocked.

(01-31-2018, 12:21 AM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 12:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: He's deeply embedded on the Anyone But Blake train.

I am unsure why you are so high on a QB the coaching staff didn't trust to gain 35 yards with 55 seconds and 2 time outs. Do you think he will miraculously turn into that guy during the off-season.

I believe in the mantra of keep trying to get better. Sorry.

And had Gilmore not made that amazing pass breakup at the end of the game we would be playing in the super bowl. That ball was right where it needed to be for the win.
[Image: OIG4.uBuSY6yngBYRov__0Zi.?dpr=2.6&pid=ImgDetMain]

Wow! I didn't see the Redskins getting Smith. I was sure it was going to be Buffalo or the Browns. I guess I have to re-do my entire mock now. That didn't take long.

Just the pick and the extension was a fine deal for the Skins. Giving an extremely good cornerback on top of that was terrible.

(01-31-2018, 12:10 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I am noticing that.

He's younger than Cousins and Alex Smith; yet everyone writes him off as garbage... like it's impossible for him to get better like both Smith and Cousins did. I respect toughness more than anything else in football - and Blake has it in spades. I confess I liked Byron Leftwich longer than I should have because he was a tough bastard.

The problem is that unless you have an elite franchise quarterback, your window for making noise in NFL isn't too long. As someone who was a Blake defender until this preseason, quarterbacks rarely make the level of jump Bortles would need to make at this point in their careers, especially with the numbers of starts he's already had. Smith is an exception to the rule and honestly I don't think anyone saw Alex Smith developing to the level of player he's been over the past five seasons after his start in the league. Cousins didn't really see much playing time, except for spot starts, since RG3 was their guy. Once he had an opportunity to be "the guy," it took him roughly a third of a season to start performing.

I think Blake can develop into solid starter in this league, but I'm uncomfortable gambling on what I feel would be limited returns while our defense is already built to win now. Add in the fact that good QBs almost never hit the open market, so if Blake doesn't pan out after this season, we're essentially going back to drafting one and hoping that a mid/late first rounder can quickly develop before we lose some key pieces of our defense.

(01-30-2018, 11:48 PM)Upper Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:45 PM)JackCity Wrote: Alex got 70 guaranteed, so Kirk probably gets like 140 million over 5 years, 90 million guaranteed.

I'd give him that.

No way I'd do that.

(01-31-2018, 01:14 AM)newporttom Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:48 PM)Upper Wrote: I'd give him that.

No way I'd do that.

What would you think would be reasonable.

I see the Jets and Broncos duking it out for 5yrs 150mil.
Your beliefs become your thoughts,
Your thoughts become your words,
Your words become your actions,
Your actions become your habits,
Your habits become your values,
Your values become your destiny.

Given the need for franchise QB's around the league, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Cousins signs the richest contract in NFL history. Somebody is gonna overpay, big time!

(01-31-2018, 03:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Given the need for franchise QB's around the league, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Cousins signs the richest contract in NFL history. Somebody is gonna overpay, big time!

I'm not sure if this will happen. I think he may sign a huge deal, but I also think he wants to win right now. That leaves us( if we are even interested as a front office) and maybe Arizona and Denver. Who else is he going to play for who can win now? Miami? Please... Buffalo? Maybe... I don't see him going to the Browns, or some other QB hungry team that isn't winning games right now. I think he would take 27-29 mil a year to play in Denver or here. That is A LOT of $, but that is about the going rate for a good NFL QB. All that said, Blake just had surgery. I think the writing is on the wall, we are sticking with Bortles.