Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Smith traded to the Redskins..

(01-31-2018, 04:41 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 03:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Given the need for franchise QB's around the league, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Cousins signs the richest contract in NFL history. Somebody is gonna overpay, big time!

I'm not sure if this will happen. I think he may sign a huge deal, but I also think he wants to win right now. That leaves us( if we are even interested as a front office) and maybe Arizona and Denver. Who else is he going to play for who can win now? Miami? Please... Buffalo? Maybe... I don't see him going to the Browns, or some other QB hungry team that isn't winning games right now. I think he would take 27-29 mil a year to play in Denver or here. That is A LOT of $, but that is about the going rate for a good NFL QB. All that said, Blake just had surgery. I think the writing is on the wall, we are sticking with Bortles.

You think he would take $27-29m per year to play here because he wants to win? Are you honestly serious right now? That's the highest paid QB in the entire league period, regardless of where he's playing at.... Of course he'd sign here, or anywhere else..

That kind of money has nothing to do with winning, or not. That's the kind of money that says I don't give two [BLEEP] where I'm playing, but I'm about to get paid regardless of what happens over the next 4 years. If we win, I get paid. If we lose, I get paid.

If this team signs Kirk Cousins, he better lead this team to the Super Bowl for (at least) the next 3 straight years, or it'll be the worst signing in NFL history.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Lol the histrionics.

Nope I will pass on Cousins, to me he is in the Flacco/Stafford company. Can make every throw but is inconsistent and doesn't win enough.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 08:06 AM by Eric1.)

(01-31-2018, 07:00 AM)Upper Wrote: Lol the histrionics.

Well you know better than any of us about histrionics, but ok.. Lets do this then..

Bortles just helped lead this team to the AFC Championship game. Yet you, and plenty of other people seem to think that Bortles is complete garbage and one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

So if Bortles is one of the worst QBs in the NFL and he helped lead this team and great Defense (which carried the entire show right?) to 10 wins and an AFC Championship game. Why would it be out of the norm to think that Cousins (who everybody believes to be a clear upgrade) isn't going to lead this Super Bowl caliber roster to multiple Super Bowls?

Everybody has already said the only thing we lack is a QB to get us too the Super Bowl.. Well, in some of your opinions, we just had the worst QB in the league help lead us to the AFC Championship game.. So that can only mean if we pay $27m+ to Cousins, he'll not only lead us to the Super Bowl, but he'll lead us to multiple straight Super Bowls right? I mean he's already working with a Super Bowl caliber roster and it doesn't matter how much money we pay him, or who we lose in the process, he's still the one key piece that'll lead us to the Super Bowl no matter what happens right?

(01-31-2018, 07:00 AM)Upper Wrote: Lol the histrionics.

LOL, the know-it-all attitdue.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 08:26 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(01-31-2018, 06:22 AM)Eric1 Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 04:41 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I'm not sure if this will happen. I think he may sign a huge deal, but I also think he wants to win right now. That leaves us( if we are even interested as a front office) and maybe Arizona and Denver. Who else is he going to play for who can win now? Miami? Please... Buffalo? Maybe... I don't see him going to the Browns, or some other QB hungry team that isn't winning games right now. I think he would take 27-29 mil a year to play in Denver or here. That is A LOT of $, but that is about the going rate for a good NFL QB. All that said, Blake just had surgery. I think the writing is on the wall, we are sticking with Bortles.

You think he would take $27-29m per year to play here because he wants to win? Are you honestly serious right now? That's the highest paid QB in the entire league period, regardless of where he's playing at.... Of course he'd sign here, or anywhere else..

That kind of money has nothing to do with winning, or not. That's the kind of money that says I don't give two [BLEEP] where I'm playing, but I'm about to get paid regardless of what happens over the next 4 years. If we win, I get paid. If we lose, I get paid.

If this team signs Kirk Cousins, he better lead this team to the Super Bowl for (at least) the next 3 straight years, or it'll be the worst signing in NFL history.

This ^. I don't think it happens though I still believe he'll be a Bronco. They said on Good Morning Football that John Elway wants Cousins......... bad and what Elway wants, he normally gets. Apparently he is willing to back up the Brinks truck to get him. They actually said the Jets would pursue him as well. The Jags were never mentioned.

I live in Redskins nation, so when I get home later today, i'm curious as to how some of my friends are taking this news...most of them are bigger fans of Cousins than the skins

Hell, my boss told me he'd become a Steelers fan if Cousins wasn't resigned. I tried to talk him out of it, but......I'm betting he's sticking to that.

I kinda thought it was a foregone conclusion the jags weren't gonna jump on this guy. A bit long in the tooth, game manager...seems to me that Coughlin and Caldwell would prefer to have a younger, more physically gifted (big and tough, and scramble well) Bortles in charge of the offense, wrist or no wrist.

I can't believe so many on here think that Bortles is the answer. When was the last time Bortles put this team on his back and won us games.

Dear God please...Bridgewater better than Bortles...are you people insane? Could we give Blake two years in the same system maybe?

Also, no to paying Cousins 28 mil a year...I really don’t understand how some of you view the cap. You do realize Ramsey and Yannick are going to be stupid expensive right?

(01-31-2018, 09:01 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I can't believe so many on here think that Bortles is the answer. When was the last time Bortles put this team on his back and won us games.

I can't believe you think that 'so many on here think that Bortles is the answer'.  Maybe it's more like they think Cousins or Smith (no longer relevant) AREN'T.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(01-31-2018, 09:04 AM)Rico Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 09:01 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I can't believe so many on here think that Bortles is the answer. When was the last time Bortles put this team on his back and won us games.

I can't believe you think that 'so many on here think that Bortles is the answer'.  Maybe it's more like they think Cousins or Smith (no longer relevant) AREN'T.

The truth lies somewhere between the extremes.  No Blake hasn't won it for us and if he did it was anything I can remember.  I do know he doesn't miss games at least.  It is hard to say how much of an impact the wrist was all year.  We will see what happens.  It is going to be an interesting off season and I bet we lose the off season again.  We lost the off season last year as well.  I'm hopeful we aren't a one and done team.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

I'm not saying Bortles is the answer right now.

But I think at Blake's age neither were Smith or Cousins.

He can still develop. Will it happen? Who knows.

(01-31-2018, 09:14 AM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 09:04 AM)Rico Wrote: I can't believe you think that 'so many on here think that Bortles is the answer'.  Maybe it's more like they think Cousins or Smith (no longer relevant) AREN'T.

The truth lies somewhere between the extremes.  No Blake hasn't won it for us and if he did it was anything I can remember.  I do know he doesn't miss games at least.  It is hard to say how much of an impact the wrist was all year.  We will see what happens.  It is going to be an interesting off season and I bet we lose the off season again.  We lost the off season last year as well.  I'm hopeful we aren't a one and done team.

I’m highly confused by this post, specifically that we “lost the off season last year.”  Come again?  How is signing Calais, Bouye, and Church, drafting Cam, Leonard, DeDe, and Blair, finding Keelan, revamping our coaching staff to be one of the best in the league, and going from 3-13 to the AFCCG “losing” the offseason?

Perhaps I missed the sarcasm?

(01-31-2018, 09:21 AM)RedRooster28 Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 09:14 AM)MoJagFan Wrote: The truth lies somewhere between the extremes.  No Blake hasn't won it for us and if he did it was anything I can remember.  I do know he doesn't miss games at least.  It is hard to say how much of an impact the wrist was all year.  We will see what happens.  It is going to be an interesting off season and I bet we lose the off season again.  We lost the off season last year as well.  I'm hopeful we aren't a one and done team.

I’m highly confused by this post, specifically that we “lost the off season last year.”  Come again?  How is signing Calais, Bouye, and Church, drafting Cam, Leonard, DeDe, and Blair, finding Keelan, revamping our coaching staff to be one of the best in the league, and going from 3-13 to the AFCCG “losing” the offseason?

Perhaps I missed the sarcasm?
I’m confused by this as well.   Last off-season we were ecstatic with the signings and the thought was we were paper champions and had to temper our expectations due to the team just flat out sucked for so long.  Little did we know, they were close to becoming actual champions.

WOW!!!!   LOL at many in this thread. Buuuwwwwwaaaaaaa.

Skins got railed. Traded one average old man for another.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(01-31-2018, 07:24 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Nope I will pass on Cousins, to me he is in the Flacco/Stafford company. Can make every throw but is inconsistent and doesn't win enough.
Flacco is hot garbage but this team wins a SB with Stafford. He is extremely underrated.

The dude has played his entire career with no running game at all. He actually has gotten better since Calvin left too.

Also... LOL to the people wanting Foles and Teddy B.

Dream scenario is to sign drew Brees and draft Rudolph
If Brees stays in NO, give Bortles his 5th year option and draft Rudolph, the only bad thing is I don't think Rudolph will be there at 29 when we pick so we will have to trade up and at least jump Buffalo. No way does Buffalo pass on Rudolph imo with one of there picks. Rudolph sits for a year and he will be ready next year

Shocked that the Skins trade for Smith, and are letting the younger Cousins walk.

According to overthecap.com, the Skins have over $52m in projected cap space. My hesitation is that, if the Skins are not willing to pay Cousin's demand of $26-30m per year with high guaranteed dollars, why should any other team (including the Jags)? The Skins know Cousins better than anyone.

From the way the Skins always shied away from giving him a contract I have to think something is wrong with the guy personality-wise that made the FO question something about his long term sustainability.

(01-31-2018, 10:03 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Shocked that the Skins trade for Smith, and are letting the younger Cousins walk.

According to overthecap.com, the Skins have over $52m in projected cap space.  My hesitation is that, if the Skins are not willing to pay Cousin's demand of $26-30m per year with high guaranteed dollars, why should any other team (including the Jags)?  The Skins know Cousins better than anyone.

(01-31-2018, 10:08 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: From the way the Skins always shied away from giving him a contract I have to think something is wrong with the guy personality-wise that made the FO question something about his long term sustainability.

I was just watching the movie Draft Day and it seems like Cousins is playing the part of Bo Callahan.
[Image: je8Z3fs.gif]