Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Alex Smith traded to the Redskins..

(01-31-2018, 09:01 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I can't believe so many on here think that Bortles is the answer. When was the last time Bortles put this team on his back and won us games.

Jets Game(i know we lost but BB5 made a game winning dirve for a td that was called back by a mystery holding call)
Arizona Game(again we lost but Bb5 drove us down the field to win and Lee droped the perfect pass at the 20 for winning field goal)
Steelers Game Playoffs(matched thier scores with our own)
Buffalo playoffs (used his legs to keep us in the game and threw the only TD of the game)

The defense as great as it is actually lost us more games then BB5

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-30-2018, 10:52 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: Jags get Foles? I'm fine with that.

I can't imagine a worse scenario honestly. We'd have to trade for him as well, which makes it that much worse

(01-30-2018, 11:17 PM)knarnn Wrote: @1010XLTyler
Saw Kirk Cousins on #SBLII radio row today. He walked past the @1010XL table and whispered “Duuuvaaal”

#Jaguars
9:50 PM · Jan 30, 2018

Thats a rumor I really hope is true.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(01-31-2018, 10:03 AM)ATLjag Wrote: Shocked that the Skins trade for Smith, and are letting the younger Cousins walk.

According to overthecap.com, the Skins have over $52m in projected cap space.  My hesitation is that, if the Skins are not willing to pay Cousin's demand of $26-30m per year with high guaranteed dollars, why should any other team (including the Jags)?  The Skins know Cousins better than anyone.

Oh, because the Skins are idiots

(01-31-2018, 10:57 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(01-30-2018, 11:17 PM)knarnn Wrote: @1010XLTyler
Saw Kirk Cousins on #SBLII radio row today. He walked past the @1010XL table and whispered “Duuuvaaal”

#Jaguars
9:50 PM · Jan 30, 2018

Thats a rumor I really hope is true.

fake news

(01-31-2018, 10:48 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 09:01 AM)BklynJag Wrote: I can't believe so many on here think that Bortles is the answer. When was the last time Bortles put this team on his back and won us games.

Jets Game(i know we lost but BB5 made a game winning dirve for a td that was called back by a mystery holding call)
Arizona Game(again we lost but Bb5 drove us down the field to win and Lee droped the perfect pass at the 20 for winning field goal)
Buffalo playoffs (used his legs to keep us in the game and threw the only TD of the game)

Arizona game. Blake throws a terrible interception towards the end.
Titans game 1: 223 and 2 picks
Titans game 2: 158 and 2 picks
Jets game: 140 and a pick
Pitt game: 90 yards and a pick
Buffalo Playoff game: couldn't even complete a simple 5 yard throw and ran for more than he threw.
Chargers game: 2 picks when the game is on the line.

The defense allowed 10 points or fewer 8 times last year. That is historical. That means when a team scored more than 10 points the Jags went 2-6. We are talking just 10 points. Lets also not forget the defense had 8 TDS this year by themselves.

The Jags offense needs to be a lot better next year and maybe that means staying with Blake. The problem is that he is so inconsistent. He had a 3 game stretch where he was the best QB in the league. Then he has games where he looks like he doesn't know how to throw. The Jags need consistency at QB.

(01-31-2018, 11:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 10:48 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Jets Game(i know we lost but BB5 made a game winning dirve for a td that was called back by a mystery holding call)

Buffalo Playoff game: couldn't even complete a simple 5 yard throw and ran for more than he threw.

The defense allowed 10 points or fewer 8 times last year. That is historical. That means when a team scored more than 10 points the Jags went 2-6. We are talking just 10 points. Lets also not forget the defense had 8 TDS this year by themselves.

The Jags offense needs to be a lot better next year and maybe that means staying with Blake. The problem is that he is so inconsistent. He had a 3 game stretch where he was the best QB in the league. Then he has games where he looks like he doesn't know how to throw. The Jags need consistency at QB.

Bingo. This position needs an upgrade. Bortles wi'l hold us back again next season if hes the starter.

2 games ago.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 12:18 PM by Bullseye.)

Bortles, the receiving corps without AR15 and a TE that can threaten in the passing game plus this defense was good enough to win two games in the playoffs and control most of the AFCCG.

For those of you wanting to dump Bortles, are you saying that Bortles can not possibly improve enough with another year in the offensive system and better weapons to reach and win the Super Bowl?

Do you suggest improved weapons in the passing game with Bortles at the helm would not be enough to get defenders out of the box sufficiently to make the offense better?

If this is what you suggest, and Brees sticks to his word to stay in New Orleans, do you pin all of your hopes on upgrading the position on Cousins?

If so, are you willing to live with the risk that Cousins does not get us to the Super Bowl and we end up losing more of our defensive talent in the future? Is there a less expensive alternative that could upgrade the position?

Suppose you dump Bortles and don't land Cousins?

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

I would prefer a 19mm Bortles for one season than $30mm Cousins for 3-5 seasons. Tell me a team that broke the bank for a quarterback and it paid off in the long run?

The Patriots remain good because Brady has given them a break on his salary. If cousins doesn't take 19-23mm, he's not worth it. If you really watched Cousins play, while he's an upgrade, he's not the elite guy you hope for when you break the bank.

(01-31-2018, 11:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 10:48 AM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Jets Game(i know we lost but BB5 made a game winning dirve for a td that was called back by a mystery holding call)

He didnt ask for stats or how good BB5 is he asked name a game BB5 put the team on his back to win the game. now i know a couple we didnt win but that was not BB5 fault. but ok ill play your game. name me all the games BB5 lost us and how many games the Defense lost us.

BB5 lost the first Tenn game
Jets was on defense
Chargers was on special teams
Arizona was on Defense
Sanfran was on Defense
Tenns last game of year on coaches/special/teams/defense/offense

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 12:41 PM by knarnn.)

(01-31-2018, 10:08 AM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: From the way the Skins always shied away from giving him a contract I have to think something is wrong with the guy personality-wise that made the FO question something about his long term sustainability.

The Redskins front office has done a lot of questionable things in the past decade and a half. I wouldn't look to them as the exemplary example on how to do things.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 01:40 PM by Cleatwood.)

(01-31-2018, 12:28 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 11:12 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Arizona game. Blake throws a terrible interception towards the end.

He didnt ask for stats or how good BB5 is he asked name a game BB5 put the team on his back to win the game. now i know a couple we didnt win but that was not BB5 fault. but ok ill play your game. name me all the games BB5 lost us and how many games the Defense lost us.

Jets was on defense
Arizona was on Defense
Sanfran was on Defense
Wow. You are being way too kind to Blake. 

Jets game he throws for under 50% and 140 yards and it's the defenses fault? Jags D scored a TD in that game.
Chargers game was won because the defense forced 2 turnovers and the Chargers blew it.
Arizona game? Defense AGAIN scores a TD.
SF game is the only game the defense played poorly all year.
Tenn game 2? Blake is again under 50% with 150 yards and 2 picks. That game is on him. Defense held Titans to 15 AND scored a TD.

Defense really cost the Jags 1 game (SF) but held 8 opponents to 10 points or fewer and scored 8 TDS. Not to mention they single handily beat the Steelers in week 5.

(01-31-2018, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 12:28 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: He didnt ask for stats or how good BB5 is he asked name a game BB5 put the team on his back to win the game. now i know a couple we didnt win but that was not BB5 fault. but ok ill play your game. name me all the games BB5 lost us and how many games the Defense lost us.

Jets was on defense
Arizona was on Defense
Sanfran was on Defense

Jets game he throws for under 50% and 140 yards and it's the defenses fault? Jags D scored a TD in that game.
Chargers game was won because the defense forced 2 turnovers and the Chargers blew it.
Tenn game 2? Blake is again under 50% with 150 yards and 2 picks. That game is on him. Defense held Titans to 15 AND scored a TD.

Defense really cost the Jags 1 game (SF) but held 8 opponents to 10 points or fewer and scored 8 TDS. Not to mention they single handily beat the Steelers in week 5.

im done cause you did not even watch the games you hate for BB5 is beyond repair, he is the QB for next year and most likely if he keeps improving will continue to be.

(01-31-2018, 01:50 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Wow. You are being way too kind to Blake. 

im done cause you did not even watch the games you hate for BB5 is beyond repair, he is the QB for next year and most likely if he keeps improving will continue to be.
bahahaha You're done?

I don't even hate Blake. I like him and still think he's gone room to improve. But he was a complimentary piece this season. The defense was the centerpiece. They are the sole reason this team won 10 games this year. If they had a bad game, the team would lose.

I watched every single game. Sometimes twice on Gamepass. I don't hate Blake but you apparently have an infatuation with him. You're done because you can refute anything I've said.

(This post was last modified: 01-31-2018, 01:59 PM by JAGFAN88.)

(01-31-2018, 01:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 01:50 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: im done cause you did not even watch the games you hate for BB5 is beyond repair, he is the QB for next year and most likely if he keeps improving will continue to be.
bahahaha You're done?

I don't even hate Blake. I like him and still think he's gone room to improve. But he was a complimentary piece this season. The defense was the centerpiece. They are the sole reason this team won 10 games this year. If they had a bad game, the team would lose.

I watched every single game. Sometimes twice on Gamepass. I don't hate Blake but you apparently have an infatuation with him. You're done because you can refute anything I've said.

you don't think that letting Blaine Gabbert walk up and down the field for 27 points lost that game? or letting the jets rush for like 5000 yards lost that game?

(01-31-2018, 01:06 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 12:28 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: He didnt ask for stats or how good BB5 is he asked name a game BB5 put the team on his back to win the game. now i know a couple we didnt win but that was not BB5 fault. but ok ill play your game. name me all the games BB5 lost us and how many games the Defense lost us.

Jets was on defense
Arizona was on Defense
Sanfran was on Defense

In fairness, the D gave up over 250 yards rushing to the Jets.  Not many teams are going to win under those circumstances, even with a defensive TD.

Agreed on the Bolts game, though nothing worked offensively...neither the passing game nor the running game....run blocking nor pass blocking.

Arizona?  Can't say either side of the ball did the job, even with the def TD.  Gabbert torched the D.

Disagree about SF game.

Absolutely agree with you on the 2nd tacks game.

I am not necessarily disagreeing with you about Bortles needing to be upgraded.  Not sure where I stand at this point.  Just wanted to address these particular points.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(01-31-2018, 01:58 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(01-31-2018, 01:55 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: bahahaha You're done?

you don't think that letting Blaine Gabbert walk up and down the field for 27 points lost that game? or letting the jets rush for like 5000 yards lost that game?
So you're not done?

In the Cards game, Blake was bad. He couldn't do anything in the air against that defense. Gabbert scored 27 but 16 of those points game when they had unreal great field position because our offense couldn't move the ball. Jets game? Offense only managed 13 points. Defense is the reason that game was even close.

Look. I don't know where I stand with Blake. He could progress or regress this off season. No one knows. I know this team needs consistency and I'm not sure if that is Blake yet.

(01-31-2018, 12:22 PM)UCF Knight Wrote: I would prefer a 19mm Bortles for one season than $30mm Cousins for 3-5 seasons.  Tell me a team that broke the bank for a quarterback and it paid off in the long run?  

The Patriots remain good because Brady has given them a break on his salary.  If cousins doesn't take 19-23mm, he's not worth it.  If you really watched Cousins play, while he's an upgrade, he's not the elite guy you hope for when you break the bank.

I would prefer Bortles at $19 million for one year as long as we draft a QB high this season. Next year's QB draft crop looks to be thin.

Thumbs Up 

(01-31-2018, 12:16 PM)Bullseye Wrote: Bortles, the receiving corps without AR15 and a TE that can threaten in the passing game plus this defense was good enough to win two games in the playoffs and control most of the AFCCG.

For those of you wanting to dump Bortles, are you saying that Bortles can not possibly improve enough with another year in the offensive system and better weapons to reach and win the Super Bowl?

Do you suggest improved weapons in the passing game with Bortles at the helm would not be enough to get defenders out of the box sufficiently to make the offense better?

If this is what you suggest, and Brees sticks to his word to stay in New Orleans, do you pin all of your hopes on upgrading the position on Cousins?

If so, are you willing to live with the risk that Cousins does not get us to the Super Bowl and we end up losing more of our defensive talent in the future?  Is there a less expensive alternative that could upgrade the position?

Suppose you dump Bortles and don't land Cousins?

Thank you for bringing logic into this thread.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."