Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Release The Memo

(02-02-2018, 02:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote: And our government slowly morphs into a reality show. President Trump is proving FBT's signature true in more ways than one.

So you have no problem with illegally obtaining FISA warrants based on a liar's biased completely fabricated dossier?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-02-2018, 03:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 02:54 PM)rollerjag Wrote: And our government slowly morphs into a reality show. President Trump is proving FBT's signature true in more ways than one.

So you have no problem with illegally obtaining FISA warrants based on a liar's biased completely fabricated dossier?

That's a reality show issue, obviously. We should be more concerned with calling [BLEEP] countries [BLEEP].

Well I feel like this fisa memo is similar to chlorine trifluoride in
fact the Dems are on fire and add some chlorine trifluoride
Try are up in smoke and feeling the heat
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(02-02-2018, 03:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote:

(02-02-2018, 03:04 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 03:00 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: So you have no problem with illegally obtaining FISA warrants based on a liar's biased completely fabricated dossier?

That's a reality show issue, obviously. We should be more concerned with calling [BLEEP] countries [BLEEP].

This is what looney far left people do. They refuse and resist until they are blue in the face. They STILL have no idea why they lost this election.

You doubters do understand that the evidence that created this memo is coming right on its heels, right?

(This post was last modified: 02-02-2018, 03:21 PM by TJBender.)

There's nothing new in here. It's the same old political football that Trump has been kicking around to try and kill the Mueller probe for over a year now. Even the details on how the FISA courts work are really nothing new or shocking in the slightest.

To borrow a phrase from 90% of this forum, it's a "nothing burger". It's only relevant if you're a far left looney and it hurts your feelings, or if you're a far right looney still butthurt about 66% of America thinking your orange boy isn't the savior.

(02-02-2018, 03:21 PM)TJBender Wrote: There's nothing new in here. It's the same old political football that Trump has been kicking around to try and kill the Mueller probe for over a year now. Even the details on how the FISA courts work are really nothing new or shocking in the slightest.

To borrow a phrase from 90% of this forum, it's a "nothing burger". It's only sufficient if you're a far left looney and it hurts your feelings, or if you're a far right looney still butthurt about 66% of America thinking your Fuhrer isn't the savior.

Even you know this is a little more than a nothing burger. Did you see how badly the FBI and democrats were trying to fight the release of this memo? That type of thing isn't done for "nothing burgers".

(02-02-2018, 03:22 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 03:21 PM)TJBender Wrote: There's nothing new in here. It's the same old political football that Trump has been kicking around to try and kill the Mueller probe for over a year now. Even the details on how the FISA courts work are really nothing new or shocking in the slightest.

To borrow a phrase from 90% of this forum, it's a "nothing burger". It's only sufficient if you're a far left looney and it hurts your feelings, or if you're a far right looney still butthurt about 66% of America thinking your Fuhrer isn't the savior.

Even you know this is a little more than a nothing burger. Did you see how badly the FBI and democrats were trying to fight the release of this memo? That type of thing isn't done for "nothing burgers".

I'm highly skeptical of both sides. The Republicans released this memo over the screaming objections of Democrats and the FBI, which suggests one or more of three things:

1. The Democrats know it makes them look bad
2. The FBI knows it makes them look bad
3. National security is compromised

After seeing the memo, it's pretty obvious that 1 and 2 carry some measure of truth, but I don't see the damage to national security here at all. Which kind of makes 1 and 2 more plausible yet.

Now, the wild card here remains the Mueller probe that Trump has been trying to kill for a year. Why is he trying so hard to kill it? Well, probably for the same reason that Democrats and the FBI tried to kill this memo. He knows there are details there yet to come out that will ruin him or members of his inner circle, and Bannon going in for an interview has him scared turdless. I think that's a very fair statement, regardless of how you view Trump. If he had truly done nothing wrong, he'd be encouraging Mueller to carry on and have fun finding nothing. I don't recall Clinton trying so hard to discredit and get rid of Ken Starr, but I do recall Nixon famously firing the top two Justice Department officials in one night, and only keeping the third man on because he agreed to fire the investigator looking into Watergate.

There's a lot of smoke all over the place here. Either the Republicans will release the actual court documents to back this up (and really [BLEEP] over the FISA system in the process), or they'll release more documents that are either unverifiable with the facts we have or hearsay. If they have the FISA documents, please, please release them. My general disdain for Trump does not mean that I discredit the conduct of Hillary Clinton's campaign. I find it comedic how many pro-Bernie individuals are now fiercely defending the same Clinton campaign that blatantly rigged the primaries against their candidate. If there was collusion between the Clinton campaign, the FBI and the FISA courts to initiate a criminal inquiry against Trump using false evidence, then there are lots of felonies to be handed out.

But here's the kicker for me: the conduct of Democrats during and after the election does not excuse the conduct of Trump during and after. To be perfectly, brutally honest, the release of this memo, authored by a pro-Trump member of Congress, at this particular moment in time suggests that Trump knows what Bannon, Comey and Flynn said to Mueller, he knows who Mueller is coming for next, and he knows that things end badly for him if he doesn't get rid of Mueller once and for all by shifting the spotlight to the transgressions of the other side. I don't know if I'm right about that, but I do know these two things for sure: the Republicans rushed to release a memo making the Clinton campaign and the FBI look bad, and the Democrats and FBI fought tooth and nail to prevent its release. From those two facts, we can pretty safely guess that the rabbit holes opened up by Mueller's investigation into Trump and this memo both lead to roughly the same place, and it's a race between all parties involved to see who can get there first and rearrange the evidence to make the other guys the dirty ones.

How pathetic would it be if both sides were colluding with the same foreign power? And when we would start up the firing squads for treason?

The Steele dossier was financed by the DNC, fabricated information about the Trump campaign, and the FBI/DOJ knew that and took it to FISA to get a warrant anyway.

Someone should be going to jail for this.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-02-2018, 03:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: I'm highly skeptical of both sides. The Republicans released this memo over the screaming objections of Democrats and the FBI, which suggests one or more of three things:

After seeing the memo, it's pretty obvious that 1 and 2 carry some measure of truth, but I don't see the damage to national security here at all. Which kind of makes 1 and 2 more plausible yet.

Yea, pretty apparent in hindsight they were overly hysterical for no reason.  National security is not endangered.  Just a CYA move.  But saying that, it's still possible what Nunes wrote is false.  Or extremely misleading.  As has been suggested by Schiff and members of the FBI.  Now admittedly, based on their exaggeration regarding national security, makes you think they are over exaggerating just how misleading this is as well.  But we'll never know until we read Schiff's rebuttal, the FISA application, and other relevant materials.  All that needs to come out before we'll really have an idea what the truth is.

There seems to be some back and forth on whether McCabe actually said under oath that without the dossier there would be no warrant.  Supposedly there is a transcript proving he said this at his testimony.  Which would back up the memo.  Assuming that is true and lets assume for a moment the Nunes memo is always true, if they really believed Trump was compromised via Page's Russian contacts, I'm surprised the FBI would need to intentionally mislead the FISA court about the dossier to get the warrant approved on Page.  How weak must their other evidence have been if they had to rely on something "salacious and unverified"?  I keep reading about how 3 or 4 years prior to all this the FBI had been looking into Page but I'm assuming all that evidence dried up or else they wouldnt have needed the dossier at all.  And were willing to cut corners to go after him.  You keep waiting around for this smoking gun to prove collusion but it hasn't revealed itself.  At least not publicly.

According to Breaking News on MSNBC, a dem source says the judges who allowed these warrants were aware of the political context of the 'evidence'. Hmm. It appears we have some malfeasance in the judiciary as well.

Sara Carter, who has been doggedly investigating this story for Fox, says that this is the tip of the iceberg with more dominoes to fall in the coming weeks and months. So the dems have been enjoying their years in power with the collusion of not only the MSM, but also with corrupt elements in the FBI and the DOJ. Our comrades have been hard at work.

(02-02-2018, 04:10 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: The Steele dossier was financed by the DNC, fabricated information about the Trump campaign, and the FBI/DOJ knew that and took it to FISA to get a warrant anyway.

Someone should be going to jail for this.

Agreed.  The intention of the fake opposition research that was used to secure the FISA warrant was to tip the scales of the election to Clinton.  She had full control of the DNC finances, and paid for this phony dossier.  Then they leaked details of this fake document to friendly media outlets to create the perception of credibility.  Once that was done, the Obama Justice Department weaponized the fake Intel to secure the warrants, and subsequent renewals.  

People on this board have complained endlessly about the abuse of power, but call acts like this a nothing burger?  It's borderline treasonous.  But, since their beloved Messiah was running the show at the time they have to ignore it.  

Heads are going to roll once the full scope of evidence comes out.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-02-2018, 06:22 PM)homebiscuit Wrote: According to Breaking News on MSNBC, a dem source says the judges who allowed these warrants were aware of the political context of the 'evidence'. Hmm. It appears we have some malfeasance in the judiciary as well.

Sara Carter, who has been doggedly investigating this story for Fox, says that this is the tip of the iceberg with more dominoes to fall in the coming weeks and months. So the dems have been enjoying their years in power with the collusion of not only the MSM, but also with corrupt elements in the FBI and the DOJ. Our comrades have been hard at work.

Look for them to step up RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA in the coming months to blunt the facts in the media.  It's all they've got to carry them to November.  I smell a political bloodbath coming for those who supported this.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

(02-02-2018, 06:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 03:43 PM)TJBender Wrote: I'm highly skeptical of both sides. The Republicans released this memo over the screaming objections of Democrats and the FBI, which suggests one or more of three things:

Yea, pretty apparent in hindsight they were overly hysterical for no reason.  National security is not endangered.  Just a CYA move.  But saying that, it's still possible what Nunes wrote is false.  Or extremely misleading.  As has been suggested by Schiff and members of the FBI.  Now admittedly, based on their exaggeration regarding national security, makes you think they are over exaggerating just how misleading this is as well.  But we'll never know until we read Schiff's rebuttal, the FISA application, and other relevant materials.  All that needs to come out before we'll really have an idea what the truth is.

There seems to be some back and forth on whether McCabe actually said under oath that without the dossier there would be no warrant.  Supposedly there is a transcript proving he said this at his testimony.  Which would back up the memo.  Assuming that is true and lets assume for a moment the Nunes memo is always true, if they really believed Trump was compromised via Page's Russian contacts, I'm surprised the FBI would need to intentionally mislead the FISA court about the dossier to get the warrant approved on Page.  How weak must their other evidence have been if they had to rely on something "salacious and unverified"?  I keep reading about how 3 or 4 years prior to all this the FBI had been looking into Page but I'm assuming all that evidence dried up or else they wouldnt have needed the dossier at all.  And were willing to cut corners to go after him.  You keep waiting around for this smoking gun to prove collusion but it hasn't revealed itself.  At least not publicly.

I disagree that national security isn't endangered by this.  The FISA courts were put in place to deal with bad actors looking to do harm to the US.  This calls into question their credibility along with that of the FBI and the Justice Department.  It creates an opportunity for those who have been investigated using warrants obtained through FISA courts grounds to challenge the legitimacy of even valid efforts.

(02-02-2018, 06:58 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 06:15 PM)rfc17 Wrote: Yea, pretty apparent in hindsight they were overly hysterical for no reason.  National security is not endangered.  Just a CYA move.  But saying that, it's still possible what Nunes wrote is false.  Or extremely misleading.  As has been suggested by Schiff and members of the FBI.  Now admittedly, based on their exaggeration regarding national security, makes you think they are over exaggerating just how misleading this is as well.  But we'll never know until we read Schiff's rebuttal, the FISA application, and other relevant materials.  All that needs to come out before we'll really have an idea what the truth is.

I disagree that national security isn't endangered by this.  The FISA courts were put in place to deal with bad actors looking to do harm to the US.  This calls into question their credibility along with that of the FBI and the Justice Department.  It creates an opportunity for those who have been investigated using warrants obtained through FISA courts grounds to challenge the legitimacy of even valid efforts.

The FISA courts never had credibility. At best, they were an unconstitutional rubber stamp for illegal activity. At worst, they're elements of treason. The decision to strip rights from individuals should never be made in closed doors, and now that we've got evidence (albeit flimsy for the time being) that a secret court with no public accountability was used for political purposes, we should have all the information we need to end the FISA courts once and for all.

Does the FISA memo speak of unmasking names?
Or do we jump right into Carter pages name!
Did we miss the part of unmasking?
“You may never know what results come of your actions, but if you do nothing, there will be no results.”
“If you find a way to motivate an idiot you have a motivated idiot”

(02-02-2018, 08:07 PM)13Coronas Wrote: Does the FISA memo speak of unmasking names?
Or do we jump right into Carter pages name!
Did we miss the part of unmasking?

Yeah, I just don't see that whole "endangers national security" claim as credible right now.

See - I was correct. You are easily played.

Doesn't matter that this is a purely political document. You don't really want to know the facts - and they certainly are presented in this "report". Donald knows his base. Throw some red meat at them and they'll eat it up.

And I love the "someone is going to jail" remarks. Dream on. I thought Hillary was going to jail. What about the people who bugged Trump Tower? Some of you really live in an alternate universe. The Land of the Orange God.

Oh, and I guess four different Federal judges are part of the conspiracy. This gets better and better. But hey, Fox News' talking heads have to have something to rile up the troops. Right?
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

The hilarious thing is that even with this deep state corruption, Trump spending 1/10th of what Hillary did, he still managed to kick the living crap out of her! Hahahha

To borrow a phrase from 90% of this forum, it's a "nothing burger". It's only relevant if you're a far left looney and it hurts your feelings, or if you're a far right looney still butthurt about 66% of America thinking your orange boy isn't the savior.

There's nothing new because we all already knew the DNC was behind the attempted election sabotage. This memo merely proves it. 
'02