Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Dante Fowler: Trade? Option? (meged threads)

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2018, 05:13 PM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-02-2018, 08:25 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 04:37 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Uhhh........ I would argue that blindside OT is equally, if not more important, than pass rushers or CB's.

I've always looked at it like this.

QB > Pass Rusher > LT > CB in order of importance.

in my opinion I always thought a team should be set up like......

1. LT (assuming the QB is right handed)

2. QB

3. Pass rusher

4. CB

5. MLB

6. WR

7. Center

8. Run stuffer

9. RT

10. FS

11. OLB

12. LG

13. Strong Safety

14. RB

15. RG

16. TE

I want my QB's blindside to be protected before I invest tens of millions in a passer. Without adequate protection on the line, a QB can only be so good. He needs time to throw.

(02-03-2018, 12:02 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-02-2018, 11:51 PM)JackCity Wrote: Cornerback has started to overtake LT in terms of positional value which is interesting.

There just hasn't really been any elite tackle prospects as of late or they would still go as high as they have in the past.  Not to mention the last few LTs that went in the top 3 were busts

Agreed. You used to see elite tackles a lot more often 10 years ago. As of late, they've been few and far between.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-03-2018, 09:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Trading Fowler is fine if another team wants to be idiotic about his value, but he's not a difference maker at his position. If he were to be signed to a new deal by the Jags I'd say it shouldn't be more than a few million per year. I could see something like a four year 20 million contract with most of the salary being in the last season in case the team doesn't want him after a couple of seasons. He's athletic but he's got no bend and no pass rushing moves. His sack total this season was essentially his ceiling as a player when everyone around him is winning and he gets to always have the one on one.

I think Fowler is just scratching the surface of his ability and we don't know how good he could be yet. He was being chipped by RBs and TEs a whole lot when he would get on the field, so no he wasn't always one on one. He was getting home from winning battles this year, and not so much on stunts like last season.

The Defense played 1,259 snaps this past season, including the post season. Fowler only played 581 snaps and he had 10 sacks. He didn't even play 50% of the Defensive snaps and still put up double digit sacks. He had at least another 15 pressures on top of that.

Ngakoue had 12 sacks on 924 snaps and he always seen the one on one match ups. He only plays the weak side, so it's always one on one.

I just don't understand how you can say a 23 year old Pass Rusher, who will be going into his 3rd active season, has hit his ceiling already when he hasn't even entered his physical prime yet. Yes he has plenty of stuff to work on still, but you could absolutely see improvement in his game from last season, to this past season.

(02-03-2018, 06:58 PM)Eric1 Wrote:
(02-03-2018, 09:15 AM)SeldomRite Wrote: Trading Fowler is fine if another team wants to be idiotic about his value, but he's not a difference maker...

I think Fowler is just scratching the surface of his ability and we don't know how good he could be yet. He was being chipped by RBs and TEs a whole lot when he would get on the field, so no he wasn't always one on one. He was getting home from winning battles this year, and not so much on stunts like last season.

The Defense played 1,259 snaps this past season, including the post season. Fowler only played 581 snaps and he had 10 sacks. He didn't even play 50% of the Defensive snaps and still put up double digit sacks. He had at least another 15 pressures on top of that.

Ngakoue had 12 sacks on 924 snaps and he always seen the one on one match ups. He only plays the weak side, so it's always one on one.

I just don't understand how you can say a 23 year old Pass Rusher, who will be going into his 3rd active season, has hit his ceiling already when he hasn't even entered his physical prime yet. Yes he has plenty of stuff to work on still, but you could absolutely see improvement in his game from last season, to this past season.

This is how I see Fowler as well. 

He made marked improvement this year and was productive in limited snaps.

Don't McCray Fowler

Keep Fowler... you don't trade away a 23 year old at a premium position who's arrow is pointing up
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I'm 'bout to #### y'all up with some knowledge, so listen up.

If you have good players, keep them. When you get a chance to get more good players, do that. Having more good players is better than having less.

You're welcome.
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(02-07-2018, 08:24 AM)Deacon Wrote: I'm 'bout to #### y'all up with some knowledge, so listen up.

If you have good players, keep them. When you get a chance to get more good players, do that. Having more good players is better than having less.

You're welcome.

I don't get it.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(02-07-2018, 08:28 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 08:24 AM)Deacon Wrote: I'm 'bout to #### y'all up with some knowledge, so listen up.

You're welcome.

I don't get it.

There's a reason for that.

As soon as I figure it out I'll let you know what it is.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 12:13 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

You're welcome.

OK.  So the Cowboys should have kept Hershel Walker instead of trading him to the Vikings -- BRILLIANT !!!

(02-07-2018, 12:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

You're welcome.

OK.  So the Cowboys should have kept Hershel Walker instead of trading him to the Vikings -- BRILLIANT !!!

Weren't there were 6 players and 11 picks involved in that trade?

I don't think getting a second or third rounder for Fowler compares very well.

(02-07-2018, 12:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:

You're welcome.

C'mon now... you're better than that.

You're welcome.

I'm reminded of Charles DeMar from "Better off Dead," giving pointers on how to ski a particularly challenging slope.

Quote:Go that way...really fast.  If something gets in your way...turn.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(02-07-2018, 12:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 12:11 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: OK.  So the Cowboys should have kept Hershel Walker instead of trading him to the Vikings -- BRILLIANT !!!

Weren't there were 6 players and 11 picks involved in that trade?

Yes, but Deacon made a very broad, all-encompassing statement if you have good players keep them.  There are exceptions to the rule, one of which I cited.

(02-07-2018, 12:47 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 12:30 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Weren't there were 6 players and 11 picks involved in that trade?

Yes, but Deacon made a very broad, all-encompassing statement if you have good players keep them.  There are exceptions to the rule, one of which I cited.

Well...he DID say if you get the chance to get more good players do it.

Fowler ain't going nowhere.

(02-07-2018, 12:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm reminded of Charles DeMar from "Better off Dead," giving pointers on how to ski a particularly challenging slope.

"Lane, I've been in this high school for seven years now. I'm no dummy."

Our cap is not in that bad of shape? Just cutting a few easy cuts (Like Ivory) and restructuring Lewis to a vet deal would open up a good portion of the cap to bring guys in. I have come to terms over the last couple of days with Blake Bortles being here 1 more year at least. Even if they don't restructure him, the guy played "OK" in more games than he played poorly.

With that said, bring in guys around him. Get a TE that can stretch the field and demands coverage. Get AR back, and reload on the interior of the O line. I feel like we could win a championship with Bortles and the defense, barring any setbacks on that side of the ball.

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 12:35 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-07-2018, 12:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote:

You're welcome.

I'm reminded of Charles DeMar from "Better off Dead," giving pointers on how to ski a particularly challenging slope.

I love that movie. It had one of my favorite lines ever........

https://youtu.be/6srI0EVwTUE

(This post was last modified: 02-08-2018, 08:24 AM by Bullseye.)

(02-08-2018, 12:34 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 12:42 PM)Bullseye Wrote: I'm reminded of Charles DeMar from "Better off Dead," giving pointers on how to ski a particularly challenging slope.

I love that movie. It had one of my favorite lines ever........

https://youtu.be/6srI0EVwTUE

That movie had great lines for days.  That was one of many.

One of my faves..."Gee I'm real sorry your mom blew up Ricky...guess she won't be able to eat any spicy foods for awhile. "

Better Off Dead and Say Anything are among my favorites. This Mountain is Pure Snow
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.