Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone Else Have Roku TVs In Your home?

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2018, 07:14 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

(02-11-2018, 06:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 03:49 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote: Tablo is great for cord cutters.  Aside from being a DVR, it just makes it super simple to deal with an antenna for OTA channels by only needing one hooked into the Tablo instead of one for each TV.  

I've been a cord cutter for a few years once I started shopping around for better deals than what DirecTV was charging only to get a bait and switch from Comcast on an advertised deal that was shown to me on their web site while I was logged into my Internet account with them that I still maintain.  It pissed me off to the point that I decided to look into cord cutting and after all the research I bought a Tablo just as soon as I cancelled DirecTV and I've loved it ever since.  Shaved $90 per month off my TV bill and still have been getting 99% of what I used to get.

This would be awesome for us if our OTA channels were more reliable. Too many trees and hills + distance= not reliable enough to justify giving up what we already have.

I’m not far from TV towers but still needed to run an antenna up in my attic to eliminate occasional static. You know your area better than I, but if I were in a more rural area I’d probably install an antenna on the roof to get it as high as possible.

Interestingly in my case, I found that leaving my powered antenna unplugged and therefore unpowered resulted in much less static. I set my mom up with the same setup I have and found the same thing with her antenna though she doesn’t live far from me. Maybe the powered feature works for some of you with antennas, but it’s apparently a hinderance in my area.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-11-2018, 07:03 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 06:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This would be awesome for us if our OTA channels were more reliable. Too many trees and hills + distance= not reliable enough to justify giving up what we already have.

I’m not far from TV towers but still needed to run an antenna up in my attic to eliminate occasional static.  You know your area better than I, but if I were in a more rural area I’d probably install an antenna on the roof to get it as high as possible.

Interestingly in my case, I found that leaving my powered antenna unplugged and therefore unpowered resulted in much less static.  I set my mom up with the same setup I have and found the same thing with her antenna though she doesn’t live far from me.  Maybe the powered feature works for some of you with antennas, but it’s apparently a hinderance in my area.

Same thing happened for me, the powered part never did anything to help.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-11-2018, 07:03 PM)Jaguarmeister Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 06:55 PM)americus 2.0 Wrote: This would be awesome for us if our OTA channels were more reliable. Too many trees and hills + distance= not reliable enough to justify giving up what we already have.

I’m not far from TV towers but still needed to run an antenna up in my attic to eliminate occasional static.  You know your area better than I, but if I were in a more rural area I’d probably install an antenna on the roof to get it as high as possible.

Interestingly in my case, I found that leaving my powered antenna unplugged and therefore unpowered resulted in much less static.  I set my mom up with the same setup I have and found the same thing with her antenna though she doesn’t live far from me.  Maybe the powered feature works for some of you with antennas, but it’s apparently a hinderance in my area.

We have ours 20 feet in the air, definitely above our roof, but again, too many hills, trees and distance.