Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Malcolm Butler benched

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 02:30 PM by imtheblkranger.)

This made no sense. And honestly, the way BB went about it is the most [BLEEP] up way. You leave the guy in tears in the sideline and then proceed to get torched bc his replacement sucks but then BB says "it was the best chance to win"

Dumb move, stupid move, and BB is a douche.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't know if we want to throw stones before knowing the story. Without doubt there is more to it.

My personal opinion is Butler did something incredibly stupid and embarrassing which also broke team rules. It wouldn't be the first time a player did something like that during SB week. It would also explain why Belichick is taking the heat and not giving any explanation. Just my thought.

The problem isn't that he was benched. Players get benched all the time. But to get a guy go through warm ups and everything and then bench him right before coin toss, that's garbage.

BB has said it was not health or discipline related. If you're going to bench a guy, tell him the night before or that morning. The way he did it is inexcusable in my mind and it hurt the secondary as a whole as well throwing that wrench into the game plan.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 04:59 PM by JagsorDie.)

(02-05-2018, 04:27 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote: The problem isn't that he was benched. Players get benched all the time. But to get a guy go through warm ups and everything and then bench him right before coin toss, that's garbage.

BB has said it was not health or discipline related. If you're going to bench a guy, tell him the night before or that morning. The way he did it is inexcusable in my mind and it hurt the secondary as a whole as well throwing that wrench into the game plan.
 I agree, it could not have been health or disciplinary because he still played special teams which makes this even more mind boggling. Not to mention the fact that the guy who replaced Him(Rowe I think)got absolutely burned  The entire first half until they put Gilmore on Jeffrey. Not to mention you want to match a guy like butler with Jeffrey because Jeffrey is not a fast receiver he is just big so you would want a bigger or experienced corner to play him. Just a stupid decision if you ask me.

(02-05-2018, 04:19 PM)maheo30 Wrote: My personal opinion is Butler did something incredibly stupid and embarrassing which also broke team rules. It wouldn't be the first time a player did something like that during SB week. It would also explain why Belichick is taking the heat and not giving any explanation. Just my thought.

That was my first thought as well, but then after listening to Butler after the game,  he sounded like he had no idea why he was on the bench. You would think if he did something stupid he would at least understand the reasoning behind his benching.

probably groped Belichick

Bill said #TimesUp

(02-05-2018, 04:19 PM)maheo30 Wrote: My personal opinion is Butler did something incredibly stupid and embarrassing which also broke team rules. It wouldn't be the first time a player did something like that during SB week. It would also explain why Belichick is taking the heat and not giving any explanation. Just my thought.

This is the more likely explanation IMO.  ^

They were really hurt by not playing him. After they moved Gilmore over to cover Alshon he was absolutely silent

(This post was last modified: 02-05-2018, 06:02 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

OMG .. someone updated Eric Rowe's Wikipedia page with the following:

Eric also decided to break the hearts of New England Patriots fans by losing Super Bowl LII for them.

Sadly, Eric left us that night in the matchup against the Philidelphia Eagles. His final words were "why isn't Malcom Butler in.

Career highlights and awards

Getting burnt by Alshon Jeffery
Super Bowl Champion (LII)

NFL.com is reporting that Butler was benched for what is being described as a "minor violation of team rules."

(02-05-2018, 11:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: NFL.com is reporting that Butler was benched for what is being described as a "minor violation of team rules."

Hard to believe he was benched in the Superbowl for a "minor" violation..............unless there had been numerous previous incidents.
When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

(02-06-2018, 12:00 AM)Sneakers Wrote:
(02-05-2018, 11:24 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: NFL.com is reporting that Butler was benched for what is being described as a "minor violation of team rules."

Hard to believe he was benched in the Superbowl for a "minor" violation..............unless there had been numerous previous incidents.

It's Bill Belichek. It's not hard for me to imagine at all.

If it's a violation of team rules, why did BB say it was not a disciplinary action?
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Bill Belichick thought they had this game in the bag as an easy victory and quite frankly, why wouldn't he. The Eagles had their backup QB, their best OL is out for the year, and of course the Pats have Tom Brady who always pulls it out in the end.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 05:59 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

https://tunein.com/985thesportshub/

Boston sports talk radio is blowing up right now !!

Butler just sent a tweet stating he didn't do anything wrong and it was liked by Tom Brady ----- Pats fans are lashing out against Belichick !!!

(02-06-2018, 05:57 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: https://tunein.com/985thesportshub/

Boston sports talk radio is blowing up right now !!

Butler just sent a tweet stating he didn't do anything wrong and it was liked by Tom Brady ----- Pats fans are lashing out against Belichick !!!

[Image: IMG_20180206_171331.jpg]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

This is just the final reason for BB to leave. The writing was on the wall over the TBs trainer guy and the Garappalo trade. And yea, I probably spelt his name wrong lol
Let's Get Em!!!! Go Jags!

He just says he wasn’t out partying like the rumors are saying. He doesn’t say anything about not being late, or missing team meeting like other rumors are saying...
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Good, tired of hearing the dumb "new england way" remark all the time.

(02-05-2018, 05:58 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: OMG .. someone updated Eric Rowe's Wikipedia page with the following:

Eric also decided to break the hearts of New England Patriots fans by losing Super Bowl LII for them.

Sadly, Eric left us that night in the matchup against the Philidelphia Eagles. His final words were "why isn't Malcom Butler in.

Career highlights and awards

Getting burnt by Alshon Jeffery
Super Bowl Champion (LII)

Nothing but class up there in New England