Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Pats @ Jags - Opening SNF or MNF ???

I think we are more likely to be flexed later in the season or something like that. I think our off season will play a part. No TV executive wants to feature our team and have us be a 2017 fluke team. We will get inundated with NFC East games in prime time. Considering we play the NFC east this year we could see some inclusion but it will remain to be seen.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-06-2018, 05:21 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I think we are more likely to be flexed later in the season or something like that.  I think our off season will play a part.  No TV executive wants to feature our team and have us be a 2017 fluke team.  We will get inundated with NFC East games in prime time.  Considering we play the NFC east this year we could see some inclusion but it will remain to be seen.

You are being a real Debbie Downer when it comes to our team
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 05:55 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

(02-05-2018, 07:07 PM)Passepartout Wrote: Eagles won the SB and will be opening up over on the schedule on 9/6/18 on NBC and may face either the Patriots as that would be a dream to do or the Vikings?!

As previously noted, the Eagles don't play the Patriots next year.  See below.

EAGLES 2018 OPPONENTS
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]HOME[/font]
Dallas Cowboys (8-7)
Washington Redskins (7-8)
New York Giants (2-13)
Carolina Panthers (11-4)
Atlanta Falcons (9-6)
Houston Texans (4-10)
Indianapolis Colts (3-12)
Minnesota Vikings (12-3)
AWAY
Dallas Cowboys (8-7)
Washington Redskins (7-8)
New York Giants (2-13)
New Orleans Saints (11-4)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers (4-11)
Jacksonville Jaguars (10-5)
Tennessee Titans (8-7)
Los Angeles Rams (11-4)

(02-06-2018, 05:47 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 05:21 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: I think we are more likely to be flexed later in the season or something like that.  I think our off season will play a part.  No TV executive wants to feature our team and have us be a 2017 fluke team.  We will get inundated with NFC East games in prime time.  Considering we play the NFC east this year we could see some inclusion but it will remain to be seen.

You are being a real Debbie Downer when it comes to our team

Am I?  Or a realist.  Our 2017 was awesome but it takes work to change bias. Sorry you disagree.
The Khan Years

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 11:59 PM by JagsFanSince95.)

(02-06-2018, 01:54 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 01:00 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I dunno. I doubt we get SNF. NBC hates us about as much as the actual NFL does. We will probably get 3 or less, we get a TNF game back and probably 1 or 2 MNF games.

Stop with the Jags self-pity. NBC hates the Jags. Based on what? That the 3-13 Jaguars haven't been on Sunday Night Football.

Yeah, the NFL should demand that the league's smallest market with a history of suckyness should be on prime time at least three or four times a year.
They didn't even want us for the Pittsburgh game in 07. Success or not they  do not want us on that network  I base it on that..... and we haven't been on nbc in 10 years. You stop.

(02-06-2018, 02:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 01:00 AM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote: I dunno. I doubt we get SNF. NBC hates us about as much as the actual NFL does. We will probably get 3 or less, we get a TNF game back and probably 1 or 2 MNF games.

Wonder why NBC hated us, we probably brought in the ratings back in 2011 and 2015 when (in each of the 2 games) we were losing to both the Titans and Falcons 27-0 in the 1st half --- at least we were consistent.  I'm sure the other games weren't much better but those stuck out to me.

These games weren't on NBC? And if they were, they were preseason games. I get it, they want competitive, big market teams, so what exactly is it I am saying that isn't true? If they don't want us on the network, where exactly in both of your arguments did I go wrong? Here; I won't use hate: They do not want us on their network. Feel better?

The NFL loves 4 Teams: Cowboys, Giants, Patriots and Steelers Those teams get first priority on a weekly basis

(02-06-2018, 11:53 PM)JagsFanSince95 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 02:54 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: Wonder why NBC hated us, we probably brought in the ratings back in 2011 and 2015 when (in each of the 2 games) we were losing to both the Titans and Falcons 27-0 in the 1st half --- at least we were consistent.  I'm sure the other games weren't much better but those stuck out to me.

These games weren't on NBC? And if they were, they were preseason games.  I get it, they want competitive, big market teams, so what exactly is it I am saying that isn't true? If they don't want us on the network, where exactly in both of your arguments did I go wrong? Here; I won't use hate: They do not want us on their network. Feel better?

THOSE WERE REGULAR SEASON GAMES and the fact that we got blown out (regardless of what network it was on) is relevant since past performance dictates how the national public views the team.

0900 Sunday in London.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-07-2018, 11:42 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: The NFL loves 4 Teams: Cowboys, Giants, Patriots and Steelers Those teams get first priority on a weekly basis

Don't forget about Packers
[Image: giphy.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 05:11 PM by MoJagFan.)

(02-07-2018, 12:23 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 11:42 AM)TheAll22 Wrote: The NFL loves 4 Teams: Cowboys, Giants, Patriots and Steelers Those teams get first priority on a weekly basis

Don't forget about Packers

Yeah the packers as well.  They are going to force feed the Rams games as well this year.

Edit:
Maybe the Rams will wait until they have the new stadium.  LA Coliseum requires tight shots away from the crowd.
The Khan Years

You could have just said The NFL Loves High Ratings.

(02-06-2018, 04:50 AM)copycat Wrote: I’m curious as to how season ticket holders feel about night games. I could care less about the national spotlight and hate sitting around all day waiting for kickoff. By the time the game ends and you fight traffic it is past midnight when you get home. Give me 1 o’clock kick offs all season long.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I drive up from the west side of Orlando, so I am not a fan of night games because I have to work the next day. A monday nighter makes it closer to 3 AM when I get home and my Alarm goes off at 5:45. I much prefer 1:00 Sunday games all season long.

(02-06-2018, 04:50 AM)copycat Wrote: I’m curious as to how season ticket holders feel about night games.   I could care less about the national spotlight and hate sitting around all day waiting for kickoff. By the time the game ends and you fight traffic it is past midnight when you get home.  Give me 1 o’clock kick offs all season long.
Prior to this season, I would always prefer a prime time game over an earlier game.  However, I think I've come to really like the 4 pm kickoffs as my preferred time slot.  It allows for a nice long tail gate where if you bring a TV you can watch the early game(s) before going in and then the game is over with time to get home at a decent hour.  I'd still say the 1 pm kickoffs are my least favorite time slot.  I'd rank them 4 PM kickoff, night game and lastly 1 PM kickoff in order of preference.