Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
US Born Citizen kills 4 with AR-15

Just read social media..

People are calling for confiscation of guns.. and i know it's not going to happen. I'm merely asking a question to people that actually think that should happen.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-15-2018, 03:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'd like to know which of these anti-gun nuts is going to volunteer to take away the millions of guns from legal gun owners...

You want cops to do it, right? Well, lots of them would die in the attempt. Is that what you want?

Sound like they shouldnt own guns if that unstable about their toys

(02-15-2018, 04:46 PM)lastonealive Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 03:19 PM)TrivialPursuit Wrote: I'd like to know which of these anti-gun nuts is going to volunteer to take away the millions of guns from legal gun owners...

You want cops to do it, right? Well, lots of them would die in the attempt. Is that what you want?

Sound like they shouldnt own guns if that unstable about their toys

They aren't toys, they are the tools of self-determination.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-15-2018, 05:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 04:46 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Sound like they shouldnt own guns if that unstable about their toys

They aren't toys, they are the tools of self-determination.

People who don't own guns really don't understand this in my experience. They think that gun owners pretty much like guns cause they are 'cool' or something like that. Nonsense. The only reason I have a gun is protection. Not to say it isn't fun to go to a range and shoot, but I wouldn't have one just for that purpose.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-15-2018, 06:38 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 05:08 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: They aren't toys, they are the tools of self-determination.

People who don't own guns really don't understand this in my experience. They think that gun owners pretty much like guns cause they are 'cool' or something like that. Nonsense. The only reason I have a gun is protection. Not to say it isn't fun to go to a range and shoot, but I wouldn't have one just for that purpose.
That’s not entirely true. There are people on this very board who have well over 10+ guns. Do they need all 10 for protection? Protection from what?

There are plenty of gun owners who have them because they’re cool.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 07:20 PM by HandsomeRob86.)

(02-15-2018, 07:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 06:38 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: People who don't own guns really don't understand this in my experience. They think that gun owners pretty much like guns cause they are 'cool' or something like that. Nonsense. The only reason I have a gun is protection. Not to say it isn't fun to go to a range and shoot, but I wouldn't have one just for that purpose.
That’s not entirely true. There are people on this very board who have well over 10+ guns. Do they need all 10 for protection? Protection from what?

They may have more than 1 gun for fun, but the fundamental reason they have guns at all, and why they would not give up all their guns is protection. Many gun owners admit they have 'so many guns I can't use them all,' but I haven't met one of them who didn't at least start buying guns for protection. Or to rephrase for clarity, if you own more then one gun and you badly need money you would probably sell most of them, but I haven't met any gun owner who would be willing to go back to having NO guns cause they view it as a safety issue.

Gun owners do not view all their guns as just 'toys' it goes deeper than that.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-15-2018, 12:13 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: These need to be banned, other than sporting clubs to rent them out for shooting practice on their designated property sites for the enthusiasts.

[Image: melcroft31n-2-web.jpg]

First of all, that is not an AR-15.  Also, I happen to own a couple of AR-15's that I use on my own property whenever I so choose.  Most of the time it's just target shooting, but believe it or not, I've also used one of them to kill certain animals that were "pests".

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-15-2018, 06:38 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: People who don't own guns really don't understand this in my experience. They think that gun owners pretty much like guns cause they are 'cool' or something like that. Nonsense. The only reason I have a gun is protection. Not to say it isn't fun to go to a range and shoot, but I wouldn't have one just for that purpose.

First of all, do I need the quantity of firearms that I happen to own?  No.  I wouldn't say that I need them, but I want them.  You do realize that many people not only own firearms for protection, we also use them for hunting, sport shooting, etc.  Look at it this way.  I used to fish in bass fishing tournaments all the time.  I have probably 10 - 15 fishing rods in my boat at any given time.  Do I NEED that many fishing rods/reels?  No, but it's what I want.

As far as protection, I use my firearms as protection from everybody else for my family and I.  That includes not only robbers, intruders, rapists, etc., but also from our very government.  I also use them for protection on my property.  I'll have to see if I can find the picture of it, but not long ago I used my "assault style" shot gun to protect my family from a large rattlesnake hanging around too close to our camp.  I have a good friend and neighbor that protected his family with a firearm from a cottonmouth on his property after Hurricane Irma flooded the back part of his property.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

I have a gun for every room in the house. I keep one on me whenever I leave, too.

I've seen too many people victimized by intruders to not allow my wife the best possible chance at defending herself and our child. It may seem like I'm a gun nut to some, but aside from shooting them, I'm not much into knowing all the specs and info. I use them for self defense, and I think every one should have that right.

Where do you live with all these intruders? In my country they tend to be petty criminals who take advantage of an open door to grab your car keys or loose money jewellery.

These US burglaries sound next level.

Big Grin 

I throw darts and through the years have acquired 13 high quality sets.  Do I still use all 13?  No.  Do I need all 13?  Again, no.  Do I want to part with any of them?  Yet again no.  Would I ever throw one of them at someone in malice?  Aside from my cousin Bill (I still owe him one, J/K) NO!

Yes I know the comparison is not equal but there is a validity to the point.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 12:07 AM by HandsomeRob86.)

(02-15-2018, 10:30 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Where do you live with all these intruders? In my country they tend to be petty criminals who take advantage of an open door to grab your car keys or loose money jewellery.

[Image: cV9Mn.png]
[Image: B707k.png]

[Image: cV9Mn.png]
Its a dangerous world out there in strayla Tongue : www.aic.gov.au/documents/0/B/6/%7B0B619F44-B18B-47B4-9B59-F87BA643CBAA%7Dfacts11.pdf

Yes doesnt look very dangerous.

(02-15-2018, 10:30 PM)lastonealive Wrote: Where do you live with all these intruders? In my country they tend to be petty criminals who take advantage of an open door to grab your car keys or loose money jewellery.

Don’t get me wrong. We don’t have roaming groups of crazy burglars. 

I just don’t want her on the other end of a kicked in door without a weapon.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 12:53 AM by lastonealive.)

(02-16-2018, 12:49 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Yes doesnt look very dangerous.

Those stats also look like robbery has come down since the strict gun laws too...interesting.

(02-16-2018, 12:49 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote:

Don’t get me wrong. We don’t have roaming groups of crazy burglars. 

Ive never even thought about it.

Or do you have mountains of cash and drugs stashed?

(02-16-2018, 12:50 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:49 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Yes doesnt look very dangerous.

Those stats also look like robbery has come down since the strict gun laws too...interesting.

(02-16-2018, 12:49 AM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: Don’t get me wrong. We don’t have roaming groups of crazy burglars. 

And violent crime is up! Great trade!

(02-16-2018, 03:04 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 12:50 AM)lastonealive Wrote: Those stats also look like robbery has come down since the strict gun laws too...interesting.

And violent crime is up! Great trade!

Ah the old if it doesn't solve all crime its not worth it argument. My favourite.

(02-16-2018, 06:33 AM)lastonealive Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 03:04 AM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote: And violent crime is up! Great trade!

Ah the old if it doesn't solve all crime its not worth it argument. My favourite.

The old "it doesn't matter If it increases other crimes" is mine.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

This guy is a sheep. If the Australian government decided to take everything he owned (You have a few farmers from Zimbabwe in Australia now that can tell you how that feels) and ship him off to a ghetto.. he'd be fine with it because his betters in the government know all.

(02-15-2018, 09:45 PM)JagNGeorgia Wrote: I have a gun for every room in the house. I keep one on me whenever I leave, too.

I've seen too many people victimized by intruders to not allow my wife the best possible chance at defending herself and our child. It may seem like I'm a gun nut to some, but aside from shooting them, I'm not much into knowing all the specs and info. I use them for self defense, and I think every one should have that right.
You must live in a bad neighborhood.