Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Colts hire former Pats OC Josh McDaniels as head coach

[Image: 4dQKz.jpg]
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-06-2018, 09:11 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I don't think it has to do with Luck, he already knew what Luck conditions were when he agreed to the deal.
I think it has more to do with something from NE side, I think he wants the Belichick job and they somehow told him that he'll be gone sooner than later.

The situation is ridiculous and still makes me lol at the colts but he pulled a really bad move on them and to the coaches he hired to bring to Indianapolis with him and that are now screwed. He agreed to the colts job weeks ago...wow..

Didn't Belichek do the same thing to the Jets? Like coach like assistant?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-06-2018, 09:08 PM)3/4 Back Wrote: Or maybe he got told that the Patriots Head Coaching job will be open very soon.

This is a very interesting scenario as well. With all the crap happening out in NE with the BB/Kraft rumors I wouldn't be surprised
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 09:29 PM by Achilles.)

(02-06-2018, 09:21 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 09:08 PM)3/4 Back Wrote: Or maybe he got told that the Patriots Head Coaching job will be open very soon.

This is a very interesting scenario as well. With all the crap happening out in NE with the BB/Kraft rumors I wouldn't be surprised

Idk. I'm not sure I'd want to follow the act of bill belichick. The expectations are going to be unreasonable. I believe McDaniels in his statement said he would be more inclined to leave if it was true that BB would be gone soon. I could see the reasoning behind that. 

It is interesting what bchbunnie posted. I wonder if they were just trying to figure out the status on luck's shoulder.....

(02-06-2018, 09:16 PM)HandsomeRob86 Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 09:11 PM)irontrooper83 Wrote: I don't think it has to do with Luck, he already knew what Luck conditions were when he agreed to the deal.
I think it has more to do with something from NE side, I think he wants the Belichick job and they somehow told him that he'll be gone sooner than later.

The situation is ridiculous and still makes me lol at the colts but he pulled a really bad move on them and to the coaches he hired to bring to Indianapolis with him and that are now screwed. He agreed to the colts job weeks ago...wow..

Didn't Belichek do the same thing to the Jets? Like coach like assistant?

Yep. The day of his press conference to introduce him as the head coach of the Jets.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

[Image: C1OXJ.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 09:33 PM by TJBender.)

On a serious note, this is why the NFL needs to take the prom dance out of it and just let teams hire coordinators during the playoffs. The Colts just got screwed by the rule. Like, hardcore X-rated two coaches one ball screwed.

On a lighter note,

[Image: tenor.gif]

It's been reported that a few assistants have already signed contracts with the Colts (see the DC) and they will stay on the team anyway...now they have to find a HC that will be ok with those hires of course.

McDaniels pulled a very bad move on the Colts.
Indianapolis waited almost a month to be able to hire this guy (who agreed terms with them and chose personnel). Wow.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 09:46 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with Josh McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice him to remain in New England, per sources. Bill Belichick has his OC back.

The thread when he was announced as their head coach

http://forums.colts.com/topic/56155-its-...lis-colts/

and the thread when he stays in NE

http://forums.colts.com/topic/56178-mcda...cts-colts/

This is Great

Sweeter than a head coaching position?

(02-06-2018, 10:07 PM)Bchbunnie4 Wrote: Sweeter than a head coaching position?

Josh McDaniels will be the first coach of the next great era of New England football: that time where they sucked again and everybody went back to watching the Red Sox.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 10:23 PM by Treestone Ice.)

Who the heck wants to try and fill belichiks shoes after Brady is gone?

Who cares. This is awesome. Now the colts new HC will be saddled with an Oline and Dline coach he didnt hire, as well as a defensive coordinator, which is mind boggling to me. I love it.

(02-06-2018, 09:40 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter
In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with Josh McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice him to remain in New England, per sources. Bill Belichick has his OC back.

The thread when he was announced as their head coach

http://forums.colts.com/topic/56155-its-...lis-colts/

and the thread when he stays in NE

http://forums.colts.com/topic/56178-mcda...cts-colts/

This is Great
It’s freaking hilarious! I feel that it’s the universe self correcting itself for them tanking in the “suck for  Luck” campaign. 20 years of f misery wouldn’t be enough for me.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

At this point, I wonder how likely it is he could get a head coaching job outside of NE. His Denver stint did not go well and now to string along a team for ~2 weeks and then back out as soon as it's made official. I can't imagine another team would trust attempting to hire him.

I think this is probably the most likely scenario.   He's probably gotten some assurances that the job in NE is his when Belichick calls it a career.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-06-2018, 10:42 PM)FBT Wrote:

I think this is probably the most likely scenario.   He's probably gotten some assurances that the job in NE is his when Belichick calls it a career.

According to PFT, he simply chose to stay with the Patriots* with no such promise.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-patriots/

(02-06-2018, 10:42 PM)FBT Wrote:

Or he realized that working for Jim Irsay is going to be about as much fun as brain surgery without any anesthetic.

(This post was last modified: 02-06-2018, 11:22 PM by imtheblkranger.)

(02-06-2018, 10:53 PM)Treestone Ice Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 10:42 PM)FBT Wrote: I think this is probably the most likely scenario.   He's probably gotten some assurances that the job in NE is his when Belichick calls it a career.

According to PFT, he simply chose to stay with the Patriots* with no such promise.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-patriots/

I mean, even if he has gotten promises, they're not going to publicly say so.

(02-06-2018, 11:17 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-06-2018, 10:42 PM)FBT Wrote: I think this is probably the most likely scenario.   He's probably gotten some assurances that the job in NE is his when Belichick calls it a career.

Or he realized that working for Jim Irsay is going to be about as much fun as brain surgery without any anesthetic.

The brain has no pain receptors. So technically that's painless.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Josh McDaniels is tied for 5th place for best winning percentage among Indy coaches.

Now they’ll pass on a blue chip QB on the hope that Luck returns healthy, but he comes back with an arm like Chad Pennington. Throw in a Gus Bradley or Jeff Fischer hire at HC, and it would nearly be as good as winning the Superbowl.
Jaguars Fundamentalist

(02-06-2018, 11:55 PM)Eye of the Storm Wrote: Now they’ll pass on a blue chip QB on the hope that Luck returns healthy, but he comes back with an arm like Chad Pennington. Throw in a Gus Bradley or Jeff Fischer hire at HC, and it would nearly be as good as winning the Superbowl.

I'm wondering what the Colts do next. Logic suggests that they'll pick a safe, veteran option who's already familiar with the team, like Leslie Frazier or Scott Linehan (who already knows their DC). But, I mean, when has logic meant a thing to Jim Irsay? I wouldn't be shocked to see him swing for the fences by reaching for a bright prospect who isn't ready like Jim Bob Cooter or Brian Flores. Hey, with Flores, he could even stick it to the Patriots. But no, I don't think any of that happens.

I'm stupid for even saying it, and we should all be so lucky, but I think he drives a semi truck full of money up to Ann Arbor and drives it back with his former quarterback, Jim Harbaugh. It may well cost him Chris Ballard, but who cares, right? I mean, Ballard had Josh McDaniels lined up as the coach and couldn't close the deal, leaving the organization with egg all over its face in the process. And who else better is out there for fixing Andrew Luck than his old college coach?

I hope I'm right, because I really think that a Harbaugh/Irsay pairing would be a wonderfully spectacular failure. Two incredibly strong personalities, one on drugs, the other convinced he's God, and an overrated QB who may never play again caught in the middle. That'd be fun. Smile