Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Colts hire former Pats OC Josh McDaniels as head coach

(02-08-2018, 10:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 07:01 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: I saw they are interviewing Dan Campbell, which LOL, and someone else.

The other candidate they are interviewing is Frank Reich, former backup QB to Jim Kelly in Buffalo and the Eagles current OC. IMO, that would be a better hire than McDaniels. Just look what he has done elevating the QB play from his rookie starter and then getting his backup QB to lead them to a championship. Reich is one of the rising assistant coaches in the league, but why would he wanna take that job? If I were him, I'd stay in Philly and wait for a better job where he can hire his own assistants.

I think Reich would be an excellent candidate, having played and coached under some of the best offensive minds in the game.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-08-2018, 10:58 AM)DBullseye Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 10:18 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: The other candidate they are interviewing is Frank Reich, former backup QB to Jim Kelly in Buffalo and the Eagles current OC. IMO, that would be a better hire than McDaniels. Just look what he has done elevating the QB play from his rookie starter and then getting his backup QB to lead them to a championship. Reich is one of the rising assistant coaches in the league, but why would he wanna take that job? If I were him, I'd stay in Philly and wait for a better job where he can hire his own assistants.

I think Reich would be an excellent candidate, having played and coached under some of the best offensive minds in the game.

Agreed.  One thing for sure, Frank Reich can handle pressure situations, being the QB that led the largest comebacks in College and NFL histories.

Leslie Frazier is also in the mix for the job but I think he has an uphill battle.

(02-08-2018, 11:37 PM)D6 Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 10:58 AM)DBullseye Wrote: I think Reich would be an excellent candidate, having played and coached under some of the best offensive minds in the game.

Agreed.  One thing for sure, Frank Reich can handle pressure situations, being the QB that led the largest comebacks in College and NFL histories.

Leslie Frazier is also in the mix for the job but I think he has an uphill battle.

The most important thing about Reich is that he understands the QB position.  This is particularly relevant considering the unknown status of Luck.  If Luck cannot be his old self-or at least a reasonable duplicate-the Colts will have to start over at the position, and they will need a coach who will know how to develop one.

Even if Luck comes back completely healthy, he hasn't seen game action in over a year.

I don't know what transpired in Minnesota under Frazier, but he may be one of those guys better as a coordinator than a head guy.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

(This post was last modified: 02-09-2018, 09:53 AM by SamusAranX.)

I actually felt bad for the Colts in this one. At the same time, some of the comments in this thread were pure gold, so I’m not going to empathize too much.

That said McDaniels is a tool, dirt bag, weasel, and many other things. I didn’t like him before, and this just cemented my opinion of him. I mean he friggin brought in assistant coaches who uprooted and committed based on his promises. Sheesh. Those are who I truly feel for. It’d be like one of us being told by a company in say NYC, while we still live in FL, saying yeah we hired a new team and want you on it. Then you move up there and the day before you start: “sorry, we aren’t hiring you anymore. Decided to move in a different direction”. How angry would you be?