Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Guards DJ Fluker and Justin Pugh

The other big advantage of taking him would be that the Jags could then hopefully get their q.b. of the future in the first round (Rudolph?) and then a tight end in the 2nd. Otherwise, I really think they need to address the offensive line in rounds 1 or 2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Why we trying to move on from Omameh? I thought he played well last year,I'd much rather keep him than Cann

(02-15-2018, 08:16 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Why we trying to move on from Omameh? I thought he played well last year,I'd much rather keep him than Cann

He's better than Cann by quite a bit. He's definitely worth keeping, but the question is:

Can you replace him with someone that run-blocks better? 

Depending on what kind of contract Omameh ends up demanding/earning, replacing him may be the prudent move from a cost/benefit perspective. If they can keep him cheap, they should keep him and look to add competition to both guard spots however they can.

(02-15-2018, 08:16 AM)ColoJag Wrote: Why we trying to move on from Omameh? I thought he played well last year,I'd much rather keep him than Cann

Ideally we resign Omameh and sign Justin Pugh.

The OL would then look like...

• LT Cam Robinson
  • LG Justin Pugh
  • C Brandon Linder
  • RG Patrick Omameh
  • RT Jermey Parnell

'02

(02-15-2018, 01:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

• LT Cam Robinson
  • LG Justin Pugh
  • C Brandon Linder
  • RG Patrick Omameh
  • RT Jermey Parnell

I think Omameh would stay put at LG as pass blocking is his strength and slot Pugh into RG.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 07:21 PM by knarnn.)

(02-15-2018, 01:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote:

• LT Cam Robinson
  • LG Justin Pugh
  • C Brandon Linder
  • RG Patrick Omameh
  • RT Jermey Parnell

Let Omameh walk.
Sign Pugh.
Draft Will Hernandez.
Relegate Cann to backup swing Guard.
Draft a mid round developmental RT. 

O-Line fixed.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-15-2018, 07:20 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 01:49 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Ideally we resign Omameh and sign Justin Pugh.

• LT Cam Robinson
  • LG Justin Pugh
  • C Brandon Linder
  • RG Patrick Omameh
  • RT Jermey Parnell

Let Omameh walk.
Sign Pugh.
Draft Will Hernandez.

O-Line fixed.

I'd keep Omameh. Very good depth or a serviceable starter if needs me..much better than Cann.

(02-15-2018, 07:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 07:20 PM)knarnn Wrote: Let Omameh walk.
Sign Pugh.
Draft Will Hernandez.

O-Line fixed.

I'd keep Omameh. Very good depth or a serviceable starter if needs me..much better than Cann.

If we don't sign a FA guard and draft another guard high I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Omameh. I feel he is decent level starter.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(02-15-2018, 08:22 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 07:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd keep Omameh. Very good depth or a serviceable starter if needs me..much better than Cann.

If we don't sign a FA guard and draft another guard high I wouldn't be opposed to bringing back Omameh. I feel he is decent level starter.

I'd keep him even with that. Cut Cann and you have an extra 2 million.

Justin Pugh
‏Verified account @JustinPugh
Feb 12

Florida DMV is no joke. Lines out the door, down the block. They won today. I’ll be back
29 replies 13 retweets 193 likes

(02-15-2018, 07:48 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 07:20 PM)knarnn Wrote: Let Omameh walk.
Sign Pugh.
Draft Will Hernandez.

O-Line fixed.

I think some team will give Omameh starter money.  We wont be able to afford him for depth

(02-15-2018, 09:04 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 07:48 PM)JackCity Wrote: I'd keep Omameh. Very good depth or a serviceable starter if needs me..much better than Cann.

I think some team will give Omameh starter money.  We wont be able to afford him for depth

Yep him staying would of course be dependent on his contract.