Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Final NFL QB Rankings by PFF Player Grades, 2017

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Dont pay much heed to the grades but aways found it interesting how they graded Mariota this year.

Below average in most of the areas but ranked #13 in 2017. Not sure even the most ardent titans fans would agree to have him that high.

(This post was last modified: 02-07-2018, 10:27 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-07-2018, 10:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: Dont pay much heed to the grades but aways found it interesting how they graded Mariota this year.  

Below average in most of the areas but ranked #13 in 2017. Not sure even the most ardent titans fans would agree to have him that high.

Watson was 29th and Cousins 21st

(02-07-2018, 10:26 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-07-2018, 10:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: Dont pay much heed to the grades but aways found it interesting how they graded Mariota this year.  

Watson was 29th and Cousins 21st

Yeah wouldn't agree with them either.

Well they correctly had Gabbert dead last and Tom Brady first, so there is some validity, but honestly, Kirk Cousins and Watson are way low. They aren't doing the eye test tho, so their methodology says what it says.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

Gabbert vs the blitz, lol. He hasn't changed a bit

Any grading or ranking system that has Mariota at 13 is not credible at the very least. That's putting it as nicely as possible.

They had Blake right about where he should be. I'd probably put him a couple spots further down, but overall, I thought they graded him pretty fairly.

Interesting that Blake was 17th overall, and 24th in "Time to Throw" at 2.7 seconds. So I guess we need to improve our offensive line. Do something to give him more time to throw.

(02-08-2018, 06:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting that Blake was 17th overall, and 24th in "Time to Throw" at 2.7 seconds.   So I guess we need to improve our offensive line.   Do something to give him more time to throw.

Wentz is 29th in time to throw and the Eagles oline is great, maybe the best in the league

(02-08-2018, 06:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting that Blake was 17th overall, and 24th in "Time to Throw" at 2.7 seconds. So I guess we need to improve our offensive line. Do something to give him more time to throw.

Time to throw is just as much of an indicator of an offensive system and a QBs ability to get the ball out fast as it is the offensive line. It makes sense with our offensive being heavy on the slow to develop drags/dump offs and not very many slants and speed out stuff.

Carson Wentz is also well known for holding the ball a long time too.

Looks about right. And in line with all other advanced metrics which have Bortles ahead of Cousins.

(02-08-2018, 06:59 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: Interesting that Blake was 17th overall, and 24th in "Time to Throw" at 2.7 seconds.   So I guess we need to improve our offensive line.   Do something to give him more time to throw.

Their time to throw rankings are inversely ranked for whatever reason.  

This site has him ranked 14th FWIW, but I don't think this is a 100% reflection on the O-line as the top QBs in the league at Time to Throw are mostly the more mobile QBs so part of that average time has to be them buying time with their legs.

https://nextgenstats.nfl.com/stats/passi...e-to-throw

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2018, 04:27 PM by Jaguarmeister.)

Actually, I don't think the Time to Throw stat tells you much of anything on its own. It's a measure of time from snap of the ball to when it leaves the QBs fingers. It doesn't necessarily mean he was forced to throw at that point. There are many reasons for why a QB throws the ball when he does, pressure is only one of those reasons. Some might look at a low Time to Throw number and assume an O-line wasn't protecting well. You could also say that the QB makes quicker reads and decisions with a low Time to Throw stat, or you could say he either doesn't let plays develop long enough or maybe they don't call plays that take longer to develop on average. Again, I don't think I'd read too much into that number by itself.