Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jimmy G PAID!

5Years $137.5m not bad for 5 starts!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...5year-deal

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Joke
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Yeah...... that's quite the stretch of a contract for a guy who hasn't even put an entire season together as a starter. Cousins is going to break free agency. Qb contracts are getting out of habd quick.

There are 2 teams in the NFL... those with an elite franchise quarterback and those continually searching for one. If you think you may have one, you do not let them go.

A huge positive for the 49ers is they only had to invest a 2nd Round pick for a QB who has exceeded Matthew Stafford for the highest total value contract in the NFL.

Personally, I think this is ridiculous. I would've offered him 3 years $63 million with the agreement that the 3rd year would be terminated and he would be given a long term deal worthy of the top 5 QB's in the NFL, if he reached certain incentives. To give him such a monstrous contract after such a small sample size is taking a HUGE risk.

(02-08-2018, 10:52 PM)ATLjag Wrote: There are 2 teams in the NFL...  those with an elite franchise quarterback and those continually searching for one.  If you think you may have one, you do not let them go.

The Superbowl MVP in a non-Franchise QB. Giving so much money for a guy who hasnt prove anything is ridiculous.

(02-08-2018, 11:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I think this is ridiculous. I would've offered him 3 years $63 million with the agreement that the 3rd year would be terminated and he would be given a long term deal worthy of the top 5 QB's in the NFL, if he reached certain incentives. To give him such a monstrous contract after such a small sample size is taking a HUGE risk.

And then his agent would laugh and answer the 12 or so calls holding to talk about bringing Jimmy to X city.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-09-2018, 06:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-08-2018, 11:36 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Personally, I think this is ridiculous. I would've offered him 3 years $63 million with the agreement that the 3rd year would be terminated and he would be given a long term deal worthy of the top 5 QB's in the NFL, if he reached certain incentives. To give him such a monstrous contract after such a small sample size is taking a HUGE risk.

And then his agent would laugh and answer the 12 or so calls holding to talk about bringing Jimmy to X city.

So be it. There's no way I would've committed that much money to a guy with such a small sample size.

I was expecting a contract similar to the one he got, the market is what it is at the moment.
And Shanahan always thought highly of Garoppolo, in his draft class (Bortles, Carr, Bridgewater, him etc) he had Jimmy G and Carr as his 2 top choices.

It's a lot of money but San Franscico is still rebuilding, has a lot of cap room and will surely heavily frontload the contract so they can get out of it eventually sooner than later.
I don't think Garoppolo will be a bust though, he really looks the part.

This is more of 49ers salary cap situation than Jimmy G's market value.

49ers have to spend that 100 mill+ cap space. Very similar to what the Jags have been doing the past few years. May aswell overspend on a QB.

(02-09-2018, 08:48 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 06:16 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: And then his agent would laugh and answer the 12 or so calls holding to talk about bringing Jimmy to X city.

So be it. There's no way I would've committed that much money to a guy with such a small sample size.
I'd trade our 1st for Jimmy G right now if it was possible. Then sign him to the same contract.

(02-09-2018, 12:13 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: I'd trade our 1st for Jimmy G right now if it was possible. Then sign him to the same contract.

Gladly.

The Niners are structuring it very wisely too with a 38 million cap hit in the first year. The rest of the contract is going to look like a relative bargain going forward right as they enter their contention cycle.

(02-09-2018, 03:20 PM)Upper Wrote: The Niners are structuring it very wisely too with a 38 million cap hit in the first year. The rest of the contract is going to look like a relative bargain going forward right as they enter their contention cycle.

Well done on the 49ers behalf. I have always been confused as to why more teams don't do this when you have the space to do so.

(02-09-2018, 03:47 PM)The_Franchise_QB Wrote:
(02-09-2018, 03:20 PM)Upper Wrote: The Niners are structuring it very wisely too with a 38 million cap hit in the first year. The rest of the contract is going to look like a relative bargain going forward right as they enter their contention cycle.

Well done on the 49ers behalf. I have always been confused as to why more teams don't do this when you have the space to do so.

Because the cap always goes up so they think they'll be able to handle it. Plus the money already paid won't matter in 2 years when he's the 12th highest paid QB instead of 1st, he'll still want a new deal.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Wish i could luck myself into getting way overpaid on a super front loaded contract. 38 million? Jeeez

(02-11-2018, 08:38 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: Wish i could luck myself into getting way overpaid on a super front loaded contract. 38 million? Jeeez

He's in San Francisco now, take home after taxes is like $6 and some change.

(02-11-2018, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 08:38 AM)Treestone Ice Wrote: Wish i could luck myself into getting way overpaid on a super front loaded contract. 38 million? Jeeez

Wish i could luck myself into getting way overpaid on a super front loaded contract. $6 million? Jeeez

(02-11-2018, 08:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

After he pays his agent he's looking at about $4.50.