Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Bleacher Report thinks we should dump Bortles and trade for Tyrod Taylor...

Lol ok sorry I just had it sorted by total yards. I obviously don't care enough to actually argue for Tyrod either way. He's average, Blake is average. He's hurt a lot, Blake is not hurt a lot. Stick with Blake over him, whatever. Either way we're likely taking a step back this year if that's who we are trotting out at QB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2018, 07:44 PM by leopold332002.)

(02-11-2018, 04:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol ok sorry I just had it sorted by total yards. I obviously don't care enough to actually argue for Tyrod either way. He's average, Blake is average. He's hurt a lot, Blake is not hurt a lot. Stick with Blake over him, whatever. Either way we're likely taking a step back this year if that's who we are trotting out at QB.

Please stay at Jaguars reddit or Big Cat Country because now your argument start to be cartoonish it's hard to take you seriously because of it
[Image: giphy.gif]

I'd probably take Tyrod over Blake

but neither move the needle much

Wallbash

(02-11-2018, 06:50 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: I'd  probably take Tyrod over Blake

Is you and upper the same person behind different accounts?

(02-11-2018, 02:47 PM)JNev Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 12:12 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Are you slow in the head or you just play like this on the message board for fun?

uh Kirk and Tyrod would give us one of the best QB tandems in the league. Don’t think anyone could argue that really...

Uh youre an idiot just sayin.

Before the Playoffs, this idea was floated around without much blowback from the diehards on this board. After seeing them head-to-head at Everbank, this is a hard take to sell.

Obviously clickbait, the only place tyrod would take us is back to talking about the draft in Dec.

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(02-11-2018, 04:41 PM)Upper Wrote: Lol ok sorry I just had it sorted by total yards. I obviously don't care enough to actually argue for Tyrod either way. He's average, Blake is average. He's hurt a lot, Blake is not hurt a lot. Stick with Blake over him, whatever. Either way we're likely taking a step back this year if that's who we are trotting out at QB.

Well you were pretty vocal in the Taylor thread. If taking a step back means rolling with the guy behind center in the title game, along with drafting someone to compete or possibly move ahead of him , im in.

(02-11-2018, 07:45 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 06:50 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: I'd  probably take Tyrod over Blake

why is it outlandish to think Tyrod is better than Blake?

I don't think either is anything more than a game manager, but Tyrod took a pretty meh team to 9 wins and doesn't turn the ball over.

(This post was last modified: 02-11-2018, 09:34 PM by leopold332002.)

(02-11-2018, 09:14 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 07:45 PM)leopold332002 Wrote:  And upper are the same person then
why is it outlandish to think Tyrod is better than Blake?

I don't think either is anything more than a game manager, but Tyrod took a pretty meh team to 9 wins and doesn't turn the ball over.

You still ain't answer the question and if that's the case then you have some serious issues because this crazy for anyone to have two accounts just to be argumentative about a subject.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 01:04 AM by jrvegeeta.)

(02-11-2018, 04:27 PM)Upper Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 04:21 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:  That pass to the TE with Jack coving him like a blanket for Colvin to get his first career Int was a beauty.

Bortles - 175 total yards 1 TD 0 Int  W

Taylor - 161 total yards 0 TD 1 Int  L

Ill take Bortles

That their numbers are similar with Tyrod facing one of the best defenses of this era while Bortles was facing a defense that ranked 26th says it all. I'm also not saying Tyrod was good in that game, obviously. Just better than Blake. If you switch the QBs we win by a margin bigger than 7 is all.

This isn't college football, chief - these were two NFL playoff teams going at it, not Alabama vs Edward Waters. One QB got more total yards, completed at least over 50% of his passes, and threw a TD pass; the other QB got fewer total yards, completed under 50% of his passes, and threw an interception. You picked the 2nd QB as performing better so that means you're one of these:

A. Ignorant

B. A Bortles hater

C. A Taylor superfan 

D. A really bad taco

(02-11-2018, 12:12 PM)leopold332002 Wrote: Are you slow in the head or you just play like this on the message board for fun?

uh Kirk and Tyrod would give us one of the best QB tandems in the league. Don’t think anyone could argue that really...

I think Wentz and Foles would like to talk with you.
"Knowledge is power, guard it well."

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 08:03 AM by leopold332002.)

(02-12-2018, 01:04 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 04:27 PM)Upper Wrote: That their numbers are similar with Tyrod facing one of the best defenses of this era while Bortles was facing a defense that ranked 26th says it all. I'm also not saying Tyrod was good in that game, obviously. Just better than Blake. If you switch the QBs we win by a margin bigger than 7 is all.

This isn't college football, chief - these were two NFL playoff teams going at it, not Alabama vs Edward Waters. One QB got more total yards, completed at least over 50% of his passes, and threw a TD pass; the other QB got fewer total yards, completed under 50% of his passes, and threw an interception. You picked the 2nd QB as performing better so that means you're one of these:

A. Ignorant

B. A Bortles hater

C. A Taylor superfan 

D. A really bad taco

I will say B. for $600 Alex

(02-12-2018, 08:02 AM)leopold332002 Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 01:04 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: This isn't college football, chief - these were two NFL playoff teams going at it, not Alabama vs Edward Waters. One QB got more total yards, completed at least over 50% of his passes, and threw a TD pass; the other QB got fewer total yards, completed under 50% of his passes, and threw an interception. You picked the 2nd QB as performing better so that means you're one of these:

A. Ignorant

B. A Bortles hater

C. A Taylor superfan 

D. A really bad taco

I will say B. for $600 Alex

E. A, B and D
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-12-2018, 01:04 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 04:27 PM)Upper Wrote: That their numbers are similar with Tyrod facing one of the best defenses of this era while Bortles was facing a defense that ranked 26th says it all. I'm also not saying Tyrod was good in that game, obviously. Just better than Blake. If you switch the QBs we win by a margin bigger than 7 is all.

A. Ignorant

B. A Bortles hater

C. A Taylor superfan 

D. A really bad taco
Is Edward Waters a real university?

Sort of.
[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

Well, if Edward Soblieski wrote it...
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(02-12-2018, 09:30 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 01:04 AM)jrvegeeta Wrote: This isn't college football, chief - these were two NFL playoff teams going at it, not Alabama vs Edward Waters. One QB got more total yards, completed at least over 50% of his passes, and threw a TD pass; the other QB got fewer total yards, completed under 50% of his passes, and threw an interception. You picked the 2nd QB as performing better so that means you're one of these:

A. Ignorant

B. A Bortles hater

C. A Taylor superfan 

D. A really bad taco
Is Edward Waters a real university?

No, it's a college.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

If you need a tandem at QB....you're doing it wrong.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."