Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mike Gesicki - Draft profile

(03-03-2018, 04:44 PM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Jags front office dont trade up to get the next gronkowski, they are dumb.

I'd rather stay put. Every time we trade up in round one it ends up backfiring on us. Just stay put and draft. 
'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/970028026401558529

Yeah that'll do.

(03-03-2018, 04:45 PM)Andy G Wrote: Gesicki probably the most impressive today.

What were they saying about his blocking though? Something about him “just getting in the way”?

Otherwise very impressed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Jeremiah said the standout today was Hurst and it wasn't close....

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2018, 05:18 PM by knarnn.)

You gotta ask yourself which would help the Jags offense more? A big pass catching TE (Gesecki) with Bortles at QB or a big mauling Guard (Hernandez) with Fournette running it? Will either guy even be left at 29?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(03-03-2018, 05:16 PM)knarnn Wrote: You gotta ask yourself which would help the Jags offense more? A big pass catching TE (Gesecki) with Bortles at QB or a big mauling Guard (Hernandez) with Fournette running it? Will either guy even be left at 29?

Really tough Q. Love Hernandez but as of right now I think I'd take Gesicki and try get a good lineman like Braden Smith, Price or Ragnow in the 2nd, even if it involves a trade up.   

I'd say its unlikely either are available at #29 though.

(03-03-2018, 05:08 PM)Upper Wrote: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/970028026401558529

Yeah that'll do.

What's the list of the top 5?

I'm with Gesicki at 29. He's like a bigger TE version of Arob. You can teach him to block.

(03-03-2018, 05:39 PM)Kcirred Wrote: I'm with Gesicki at 29.  He's like a bigger TE version of Arob.  You can teach him to block.

This.

We can then get a Braden Smith, Wyatt Teller, Frank Ragnow type in the 2nd round.

6.73 3 cone for Gesicki is bananas.

If we like Geisicki I'd rather just sign Graham

(03-03-2018, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we like Geisicki I'd rather just sign Graham

Old, injury-prone, and expensive, what's not to like?

(03-03-2018, 06:01 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If we like Geisicki I'd rather just sign Graham

So you'd rather sign a guy on the downside of his career for big dollars rather than a fantastic athlete to a rookie contract.  Makes perfect sense to me.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

He'll be 32 in November, will require a big contract and misses a ton of games...

(03-03-2018, 06:07 PM)Rico Wrote:

So you'd rather sign a guy on the downside of his career for big dollars rather than a fantastic athlete to a rookie contract.  Makes perfect sense to me.

I'd rather have a guy that can block and catch.  His combine numbers isn't just gonna change my mind on that.  Would rather have someone different in the 1st

(03-03-2018, 06:16 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(03-03-2018, 06:07 PM)Rico Wrote: So you'd rather sign a guy on the downside of his career for big dollars rather than a fantastic athlete to a rookie contract.  Makes perfect sense to me.

I'd rather have a guy that can block and catch.  His combine numbers isn't just gonna change my mind on that.  Would rather have someone different in the 1st

Will Hernandez can't catch, sucks to cross him off the list.

I'd love him at 29, I don't see any way that he lasts that long
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Zach Whitman
@zjwhitman
Mike Gesicki: 2.4 sigma, 99th percentile. 3rd-best Combine for a TE after Vernon Davis and Dustin Keller.

I was high on Gesicki prior to the combine and he did even better than expected. I think him and Hernandez won't be there at 29 unfortunately.

(03-03-2018, 07:02 PM)Upper Wrote: Zach Whitman
@zjwhitman
Mike Gesicki: 2.4 sigma, 99th percentile. 3rd-best Combine for a TE after Vernon Davis and Dustin Keller.

KYjaggy pants are wet right now