Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Does he have no proofreaders?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...9593784321

First of all, Bush was still President in 2008. Second, there was no DACA until 2012, when it was created by Obama as a result of an Executive Order. Legislation offering temporary legal status to immigrants who entered the country as children passed the HoR and had a majority of votes in the Senate in 2010, but was killed by Republican filibuster. Similar legislation was also passed in the HoR in 2007 and had a majority in the Senate before getting killed by Republican filibuster.

So tell me again how the Democrats didn't do anything.

Other than that, he got it...oh, wait, he got nothing right. I can understand if he'd tweeted during his early AM constitutional, it's hard to think straight when you're dropping a deuce produced from a low fiber diet, but it was nearly 11 am, almost time for his cheeseburger. Even John Kelly had time while absorbing the consequences of a certain photo of a black eye to look over Trump's shoulder while he tweeted this nonsense.

I'll leave this to the Trumpettes to spin, accuse me of having a Trump fetish, explain how he meant something completely different, blame Obama, wonder why I don't criticize Hillary of something or other, etc. I'll be watching young people do amazing things on snow and ice. Discuss among yourselves.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

for a second I thought this was going to be a thread about the ozone. I'm also convinced the donalds twitter is just an elaborate troll job.
Go Jags!
*To stay up for atleast 2 years 3/6/17
2016 draft players I think will be good
  • On the Fournette train, will be best back of his class 3/6/17
  • Lattimore please,  Lockdowns on both sides would be nice
  • Engram at TE and the MJD clone Samaje Perine

(02-11-2018, 05:10 PM)realtorpat Wrote: for a second I thought this was going to be a thread about the ozone.  I'm also convinced the donalds twitter is just an elaborate troll job.

Ehh, sometimes. With the fake news MSM, it does give him the opportunity to communicate directly with the people. Hell, the platform had a big deal in him winning the election. 48M followers is pretty impressive. Curious how many of those were actual voters and how many are Soros sponsored bots.

(02-11-2018, 04:24 PM)rollerjag Wrote: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...9593784321

First of all, Bush was still President in 2008. Second, there was no DACA until 2012, when it was created by Obama as a result of an Executive Order. Legislation offering temporary legal status to immigrants who entered the country as children passed the HoR and had a majority of votes in the Senate in 2010, but was killed by Republican filibuster. Similar legislation was also passed in the HoR in 2007 and had a majority in the Senate before getting killed by Republican filibuster.

Other than that, he got it...oh, wait, he got nothing right. I can understand if he'd tweeted during his early AM constitutional, it's hard to think straight when you're dropping a deuce produced from a low fiber diet, but it was nearly 11 am, almost time for his cheeseburger. Even John Kelly had time while absorbing the consequences of a certain photo of a black eye to look over Trump's shoulder while he tweeted this nonsense.

I'll leave this to the Trumpettes to spin, accuse me of having a Trump fetish, explain how he meant something completely different, blame Obama, wonder why I don't criticize Hillary of something or other, etc. I'll be watching young people do amazing things on snow and ice. Discuss among yourselves.

Since this is all about the second sentence (the first and third being opinions) let me help you.

The Dems had a filibuster-proof Senate along with the House majority and Presidency from Obama's inauguration in 2009 until the murderer died in late  August. So yes, the Dems could have addressed it during that time without the need to appease a single Pub. They squandered their Senate control to push through the ACA (Brown ran and won solely on opposition to the ACA).

Clearly Trump had the wrong years listed if he was talking about 100% Dem control, although the Dems could have gotten a few Pubs (McCain and Graham for sure, and probably Bush in 2008) to sign on had they included a few token border enforcement measures back then, far fewer and less strict measures than Trump is currently demanding. So it's reasonable to have expected some action by the Dems to overcome the weak Pub opposition when they had "only 59" Senators.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

If u like your doctor.... You can keep.... Oh nevermind. Excellent post Malabar

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 10:55 AM by The Real Marty.)

(02-11-2018, 05:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 04:24 PM)rollerjag Wrote: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/stat...9593784321

Since this is all about the second sentence (the first and third being opinions) let me help you.

The Dems had a filibuster-proof Senate along with the House majority and Presidency from Obama's inauguration in 2009 until the murderer died in late  August. So yes, the Dems could have addressed it during that time without the need to appease a single Pub. They squandered their Senate control to push through the ACA (Brown ran and won solely on opposition to the ACA).

Clearly Trump had the wrong years listed if he was talking about 100% Dem control, although the Dems could have gotten a few Pubs (McCain and Graham for sure, and probably Bush in 2008) to sign on had they included a few token border enforcement measures back then, far fewer and less strict measures than Trump is currently demanding. So it's reasonable to have expected some action by the Dems to overcome the weak Pub opposition when they had "only 59" Senators.

I keep telling myself I'm going to walk away from this damn political message board, but it keeps sucking me back in!  

I don't understand what you're saying.  DACA didn't exist until 2012.   You seem to be talking about how the Dems could have done something about DACA before it existed.

(02-12-2018, 10:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-11-2018, 05:23 PM)MalabarJag Wrote: Since this is all about the second sentence (the first and third being opinions) let me help you.

I keep telling myself I'm going to walk away from this damn political message board, but it keeps sucking me back in!  

I don't understand what you're saying.  DACA didn't exist until 2012.   You seem to be talking about how the Dems could have done something about DACA before it existed.

Daca didn't but so called childhood arrivals did.  If the democratic party wanted to pass something, they could have passed it.  They didn't have a single rep vote for Obamacare and it still became law.  That's why there were Hispanic demonstrations in front of Obama's white house.

One can only assume that the appointed proofreaders were already fired for punching their wives in the face.  I'm sure they were great at what they do and hopefully will get their fair shot in the due process of our justice system.

(This post was last modified: 02-12-2018, 11:31 AM by MalabarJag.)

(02-12-2018, 10:59 AM)jj82284 Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 10:52 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: I keep telling myself I'm going to walk away from this damn political message board, but it keeps sucking me back in!  

Daca didn't but so called childhood arrivals did.  If the democratic party wanted to pass something, they could have passed it.  They didn't have a single rep vote for Obamacare and it still became law.  That's why there were Hispanic demonstrations in front of Obama's white house.

Yes. 

I'm not a twitter follower, but I understand there's a character limit, so it's reasonable to use "DACA" as a shorthand for any legislation addressing the status of those brought illegally into the US by their parents, whether or not it was officially DACA at the time.

(02-12-2018, 10:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: One can only assume that the appointed proofreaders were already fired for punching their wives in the face.  I'm sure they were great at what they do and hopefully will get their fair shot in the due process of our justice system.

You owe me a new keyboard.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-12-2018, 11:29 AM)MalabarJag Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 10:59 AM)jj82284 Wrote: Daca didn't but so called childhood arrivals did.  If the democratic party wanted to pass something, they could have passed it.  They didn't have a single rep vote for Obamacare and it still became law.  That's why there were Hispanic demonstrations in front of Obama's white house.

Yes. 

I'm not a twitter follower, but I understand there's a character limit, so it's reasonable to use "DACA" as a shorthand for any legislation addressing the status of those brought illegally into the US by their parents, whether or not it was officially DACA at the time.

(02-12-2018, 10:59 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: One can only assume that the appointed proofreaders were already fired for punching their wives in the face.  I'm sure they were great at what they do and hopefully will get their fair shot in the due process of our justice system.

Spin. Successful.

The character limit has been increased to 280. Up from 140. So that's most likely not the reason.

(02-12-2018, 11:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 11:29 AM)MalabarJag Wrote: Yes. 

Spin. Successful.

The character limit has been increased to 280. Up from 140. So that's most likely not the reason.

You have to admire it, though.  It takes a fair degree of intelligence and originality to be able to spin this stuff as well as MalabarJag does.   He could get a job doing it.

(02-12-2018, 12:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 11:58 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Spin. Successful.

You have to admire it, though.  It takes a fair degree of intelligence and originality to be able to spin this stuff as well as MalabarJag does.   He could get a job doing it.

Malabar is the Sean Spicer of Duval Pride.

(02-12-2018, 12:44 PM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(02-12-2018, 12:11 PM)The Real Marty Wrote: You have to admire it, though.  It takes a fair degree of intelligence and originality to be able to spin this stuff as well as MalabarJag does.   He could get a job doing it.

Malabar is the Sean Spicer of Duval Pride.

I try my best.

But you must admit that it's silly to make a federal case out of the use of "DACA" in a tweet.

If u like your doctor.... You can KEEP your doctor......

At least he knows there are only 50 states. 
'02

(02-13-2018, 07:29 AM)Jags02 Wrote: At least he knows there are only 50 states. 

message board HOF

(02-13-2018, 07:29 AM)Jags02 Wrote: At least he knows there are only 50 states. 

How dare you mock The Enlightenment One's personal truth.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato