Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New uniforms confirmed

We will probably get a new alternate logo which will appear on the jersey

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

As I had been monitoring this off-season, at first the news was the Jaguars were saying goodbye to the two-tone black fade to gold helmets. That was it.

Only this week has the team leaked out that this is a total uniform change.

The hint which interested me was Lamping said he was in on the initial decision to move on from what has been worn for several years now. He did add that Tom Coughlin was also included in the decision to change and from that point Tom took over in the details of the new uniforms.

Just in the last day or so the local radio sports jockeys have been stating that the new uniforms are going to be "traditional" Jaguars uniforms. The only thing "traditional" is the first set we had when we entered the NFL in 1995. Traditional is a teal jersey and white pants.

Initially, the original uniform digits were probably at their best.

In 1997, I think, Weaver handed Helga Lancaster, the team seamstress, a new set of digits designed by NIKE. they auditioned them in pre-season. These were the absolute worst thing uniform-wise that's ever happened. Nobody, I repeat nobody, including stadium announcer, Jack Ryan, could make out who tackled who for the Jaguars. Added to that there was this totally ugly black strip that started in the arm pit and ran down the side to the waist line.

Helga had just sewn the latest name panels to match what personnel had come in off the waiver wire when Weaver dropped an emergency shipment of replacement digits on her.

This stuff wasn't done at the happy Nike factory. No, sir. Poor gal had to seam-rip the digits and name panels off every single home and away uniform and resewed them all over again with the new numbers. Every single letter on each players' name panel was hand-sewn in place, but I don't remember if these were also nixed and had to be re-done. If recollection is correct, she proceeded first with the away uniforms since the team was next playing an away game.

That 1997 season was a wild one. It started with the uniform change.

Next thing Brunell gets knee-capped. Rob Johnson goes down at Baltimore (the game which led to his trade to Buffalo for the 9th over-all pick in 1998 Fred Taylor). By week two of the regular season, Tom Coughlin was down to his third string QB, Steve Matthews. Amazingly the Jaguars crushed the New York Giants 40-13 that week.

I have spent the last hour clicking through this uniform data base. It's simple but pretty bad [BLEEP]. Not only does it show you every teams uni from the beginning of football in the 20's to now, it also shows what place they came finished in the division/playoffs and to who they lost.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com

To get a real laugh go all the way the to the 20's and look at the team names. The Jeffersons and The Triangles lol.

(02-14-2018, 08:59 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I have spent the last hour clicking through this uniform data base. It's simple but pretty bad [BLEEP]. Not only does it show you every teams uni from the beginning of football in the 20's to now, it also shows what place they came finished in the division/playoffs and to who they lost.

http://www.gridiron-uniforms.com

To get a real laugh go all the way the to the 20's and look at the team names. The Jeffersons and The Triangles lol.

of course they are changeing uniforms. they needed to  do that before they announce at the end of this upcomeing season team is moveing to london.  Wink Laughing.

I'm kidding. its really to make $$$$$$. the new uniforms.

snowwolf titans owner in madden.

note titans owner means im undeafted againest them. 

I think we change uniforms way too often. Don't understand why we'd swap now, just when we start winning.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!