Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
FA Tyler Eifert

We could probably get him at a good price with the injury history. Yay or nay?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

whats a good price?

I'd roll with Lewis, Rivera, Koyack and a rookie selected prior to the fourth round.

However - If they can land Eifert for less than 6 million per year with an out clause in 2020, then maybe he's worth a try.

I think Crockett Gillmore may be a better bargain FA TE.

If we must stick with Blake, then they must get him an ATHLETIC TE. I'm game.

It’ll be really interesting to see what he signs for

(02-12-2018, 09:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd roll with Lewis, Rivera, Koyack and a rookie selected prior to the fourth round.

However - If they can land Eifert for less than 6 million per year with an out clause in 2020, then maybe he's worth a try.

I definitely could see Jax taking a look at Gilmore. Back in 2014, Jax specifically asked for him to be added to the Senior Bowl roster so there is interest there.

As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area, I can tell you that Eifert is a top 5 TE when he's healthy, but that is the problem. He's always hurt. He's completely unreliable and I don't know how much good he would do if he is constantly on I.R.. The only way I would sign him is if we knew for sure we would spend at lest a mid round pick on a TE as well, for backup.

I like the idea of signing Eifert to a prove-it deal. Think lots of incentives up front, and a roster bonus that kicks in on the first day of the 2019 league year that forces us to either commit to him or cut him. Worst case scenario, he spends his year on IR and we aren't paying out the incentives. Best case scenario, he lights it up and we get him signed to a long term deal before that roster bonus kicks in.

(02-12-2018, 10:44 PM)TJBender Wrote: I like the idea of signing Eifert to a prove-it deal. Think lots of incentives up front, and a roster bonus that kicks in on the first day of the 2019 league year that forces us to either commit to him or cut him. Worst case scenario, he spends his year on IR and we aren't paying out the incentives. Best case scenario, he lights it up and we get him signed to a long term deal before that roster bonus kicks in.

As long as we have some kind of backup plan in place. I'd be fine with that.

I think most of the league is gonna want to throw a prove it deal at him. Just depends how it's structured money wise.

Wouldn't be surprised if he went to New England.

(02-12-2018, 09:01 PM)haveaseat Wrote: We could probably get him at a good price with the injury history. Yay or nay?

For a good price? 100%
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Wouldn't hate it Eifert is (was?) a good player, but wouldn't like it nearly as much as Trey Burton or ASJ.

It’s nice to be in a position where we’re actually a destination FAs would WANT to go to. This should help big time in persuading guys who might get a lot of similar offers

I'm gonna go with a hard pass on Eifert. The injury history is just not worth it. I want no part of Eifert or Graham. Possibly ASJ but I don't know if this team should spend big money on a TE.

Trey Burton or Gilmore sounds more reasonable. Draft a TE like Goedert, Andrews or Gisecki.

Meh, on the cheap, sure. I don't see TE as such a need that big money needs to be thrown at it.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

With his ability, when healthy, some team will offer him a one year deal with decent dollars. It will protect the team and allow Eifert to go into FA next year with momentum if he can stay healthy.

(02-12-2018, 09:20 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: I'd roll with Lewis, Rivera, Koyack and a rookie selected prior to the fourth round.

I think I'm over Koyack. Maybe we can him replace him this offseason.

As for Eiffert...

Well, he's at least better than Koyack.

'02

I like Luke Willson from Seattle, not great but he's a much better Koyack/O'Shaun

At least Koyack can block ok so he might stick around, but the guy is worthless as a receiver. They didn't cut him alongside Ivory, so we'll see.

I'm all in on Tyler Eifert for the right price. Hopefully he stays out there a while and we can get him easily signed like when he got Gipson. Gipson hung around until prices went down, and then Caldwell called him up.

'02

(This post was last modified: 02-25-2018, 08:25 AM by Bullseye.)

I agree with all of this.

While not as deep or talented as last year's class, there are quite a few promising TE prospects in this class that would seem to be good value where the Jaguars are selecting in rounds 1-3.

It would be much cheaper to go with one of those guys.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!