Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January

Feds Collect Record Taxes in First Month Under Tax Cut; Run Surplus in January

The federal government this January ran a surplus while collecting record total tax revenues for that month of the year, according to the Monthly Treasury Statement released today.

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/ter...un-surplus
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Crickets
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

How do we handle so much winning at every turn?
'02

(02-14-2018, 12:57 AM)Jags02 Wrote: How do we handle so much winning at every turn?

Raise the prices... Er taxes! Wrong topic?

Yes, it's improvement, but it's Blaine Gabbert 2012 level improvement. - Pirkster

http://youtu.be/ouGM3NWpjxk The Home Hypnotist!

http://youtu.be/XQRFkn0Ly3A Media on the Brain Link!

Quote:Peyton must store oxygen in that forehead of his. No way I'd still be alive after all that choking.

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 09:32 AM by The Real Marty.)

This just in- there will not be a surplus for the year.   The 2018 deficit is projected to be almost a trillion dollars.

(02-14-2018, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This just in- there will not be a surplus for the year.   The 2018 deficit is projected to be almost a trillion dollars.

Projections rarely reflect reality.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-14-2018, 09:28 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: This just in- there will not be a surplus for the year.   The 2018 deficit is projected to be almost a trillion dollars.

Let's see what actually happens and then pivot from there. Everytime we have tax cuts they project deficiet increases.

(02-14-2018, 12:49 PM)EricC85 Wrote:

Let's see what actually happens and then pivot from there. Everytime we have tax cuts they project deficiet increases.

And deficits keep going up! Imagine that.

Boy, it sure depends on which way the wind is blowing, doesn't it? Previously it was all those "small government conservatives" doing political ads in front of the ever-growing debt tracker. Now it's "Let's see what actually happens and pivot from there."

I'm sure all those Goldman Sachs guys in the Trump orbit will be fine.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Boy you leftest can't stand good news can you.......
Trump put more money in your pocket and you're still not happy......
LIke I said in another thread, We will have more tax revenue coming in with higher employment and a higher GDP.......
We Don't have a revenue problem in DC, we have a spending problem..........
Me sarcastic? No couldn't be. I am much too dim witted to grasp the quaint subtleties of such potent mockery!!!

(02-14-2018, 01:07 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 12:49 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Let's see what actually happens and then pivot from there. Everytime we have tax cuts they project deficiet increases.

Yes, they do, because no one is interested in reducing spending. Can't buy votes without the handouts.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-14-2018, 01:07 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 12:49 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Let's see what actually happens and then pivot from there. Everytime we have tax cuts they project deficiet increases.

Boy, it sure depends on which way the wind is blowing, doesn't it? Previously it was all those "small government conservatives" doing political ads in front of the ever-growing debt tracker. Now it's "Let's see what actually happens and pivot from there."

I know you don't really pay attention and just like to keep the massive troll job going but if you've read any of my post you'd know I staunchly opposed any spending increases. That's why deficits go up not because of tax cuts. But spin away tell me more about how revenue is the real problem.....

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 09:56 PM by Adam2012.)

(02-14-2018, 07:30 PM)EricC85 Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 01:07 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: And deficits keep going up! Imagine that.

I know you don't really pay attention and just like to keep the massive troll job going but if you've read any of my post you'd know I staunchly opposed any spending increases. That's why deficits go up not because of tax cuts. But spin away tell me more about how revenue is the real problem.....

Oppose any spending increases? You mean for the military? For infrastructure? For other Republican special interests?

Oh, only certain increases. You know, the ones for them.

(02-14-2018, 02:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 01:07 PM)Adam2012 Wrote: And deficits keep going up! Imagine that.

Yes, they do, because no one is interested in reducing spending. Can't buy votes without the handouts.

Everyone is for reduced spending - just ask them.

Your projects are special interest spending. My projects are for the people.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(02-14-2018, 09:53 PM)Adam2012 Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 07:30 PM)EricC85 Wrote: I know you don't really pay attention and just like to keep the massive troll job going but if you've read any of my post you'd know I staunchly opposed any spending increases. That's why deficits go up not because of tax cuts. But spin away tell me more about how revenue is the real problem.....

Oppose any spending increases? You mean for the military? For infrastructure? For other Republican special interests?

Oh, only certain increases. You know, the ones for them.

(02-14-2018, 02:09 PM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Yes, they do, because no one is interested in reducing spending. Can't buy votes without the handouts.

Everyone is for reduced spending - just ask them.

Your projects are special interest spending. My projects are for the people.

Yes in against increasing military spending. Again revenue isn't the problem we spend plenty on defense already the problem like always is the state is a bloated pig that can't budget by pure nature.