Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
We dont need a QB..

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 10:25 AM by TheO-LineMatters.)

(02-14-2018, 01:53 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 12:41 AM)chris hill Wrote: Keep Blake add weapons around him like James Washington or Hayden Hurst in draft.. Possibly Jimmy Graham or Tyler Eifert in FA.. Either way I think that would be the smartest move.. That Washington fella looks like a stud.. If Lee leaves we can resign Robinson.. Washington at the x WR spot and Robinson at the z.. Followed by Allen Hurns and DeDe Westbrook on the inside.. Plus Hayden Hurst at TE.. This would be my best bet.. I mean come on Blake made AFC championship.. Kirk Cousins Derek Carr Alex Smith didn't even do that.. So I say keep Bortles start adding some weapons oh and not just weapons.. Beef up the oline as well.. Im sure Tom Coughlin will..

The idea of drafting ANOTHER WR from Oklahoma State University is nauseating. 

The idea that Blake Bortles is not the problem has reached epically comical proportions. The next Comcast commercial should feature a Jaguars' fan watching Blake Bortles drop back to pass...."Some people like to cringe when their passer drops back in the pocket..."

A great quarterback can take the water bottle guy and make a Pro Bowler out of him.

Swap Blake Bortles with Tom Brady or Drew Brees then tell me what you expect to happen the Jaguars, Saints, or Patriots.

I really hope that Tom Coughlin and David Caldwell will work hard to bring in A. J. McCarron. 

Can't happen soon enough.

[Image: 295d70a251b9f47e0831fc72c106a177.jpg]

As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area and has seen just about every NFL pass McCarron has made, I want no part of him as a starting QB. I believe the Browns sabotaged that trade on purpose, because they realized what a terrible deal they were making to get him.

(02-14-2018, 07:12 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 04:30 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lol, AJ McCaron, he cant even beat out Dalton, or keep Bortles, or draft a 2nd tier rookie qb and see if he develops, yadda yadda yadda.  The football acumen in Duval County, Ill tell ya, embarrassing.  All these years since the beginning of JDR days you all are so used to having a mediocre passing attack its just something you've accepted. Mediocrity at the QB spot, ball control, game manger days since Garrard. Since Brunnell, Jags have deficient QBs, one is a captain check down with only one pass the slant, one with a windmill windup and lead feet,  one with all the physical tool but no toughness, one who's not a natural thrower, one who gets passes batted at the LOS and throws checkdowns, a couple of journeyman scrubs.  Coughlin, time to get a real complete NFL qb to win the Super Bowl.

Different teams take different routes in developing quarterback talent.

Not every franchise throws raw meat to the wolves expecting good things to happen the way we do. 

Very few quarterback come into the NFL ready to go.

Hopefully, in our lifetime the Jaguars' franchise will mature to the point where they will learn to refrain from the methodically-flawed ways of the past.

Pick a QB prospect and bench him for three years. That's what the better teams unable to acquire a elite immediate starter do.

3 Years? Our window of opportunity may be closed by then. I'm all for drafting a QB and sitting him for a year, but that's the max. We need an upgrade now.

(02-14-2018, 09:31 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Could Bortles continue to develop ala’ Alex Smith and blossom late in his career? Sure. But that’s a risky gamble, and that’s why I think Coughlin will be bringing in competition, as he should.

We can't afford to wait as long as it took Smith to develop.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-14-2018, 09:46 AM)Deacon Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 09:42 AM)Rico Wrote: All Bortles, all the time.  

At least until the draft is over.

I hope we draft a superior athlete like Matt Jones again.

Or maybe one of those "just wins" guys like Manziel or Chris Leak. 

Or one of those "has a good relationship with a kid that has health and / or mental problem" guys like Justin Blackmon.

Yeah! That's how you get a good player. Get one of those guys!

Bite your tongue! Wink

Is this a troll thread? It looks like one....it must be. Well done OP.

Outside of Brees, there are no franchise QB free agents available. If Cousins is a franchise QB, why did the Redskins let him go? Drew Brees would be great, but he's not leaving the Saints. Those who advocate for McCarron or Taylor are just wishing for change for change's sake. McCarron has started a handful of games for the Bengals. Did he ever beat the Steelers twice in a season...in Pittsburgh? Because the current starting QB on our roster did.

The Bills can't wait to dump Taylor? Why do we want the reject of a team that couldn't beat us?

Our best bet, as others have mentioned is to let Blake play out next year, and draft a QB right now. I love Mason Rudolph. I'll bet he's available at 29.

Is tebow available???

You guys know what we need to do? We need to emulate what Washington is doing. Just check them out! They have a very high standard for QB play, and I can prove it!

1. They drafted two Quarterbacks in the same draft! They sold the farm for one, and it turns out that the guy they took in the Fourth was the better option so what do they do? They tell the more talented guy that they rode into the dirt to move on to Cleveland because he wasn't living up to their high standards!

2. They make the Fourth Round guy prove that he can play to their standards! They do this by stringing him along and not giving him a long-term contract and end up paying him ~$44 million in two seasons! Talk about dedication! They dedicated almost 15% of their cap to one spot! High standards!

3. They trade for a guy that might reach their high standards but who is in fact older, and may even be less productive than their current QB, but they are sticking to their high standards! Look at the value they give up to the QB spot! They value the QB position so much that they are going to throw draft picks at a player already drafted! And after this season if he lives up to their high standards, they will have to pay him starting QB money! They are holding themselves to their high standards of QB play!

I'm telling you guys, that's how you show that you are committed to absolute top tier QB play in today's NFL. Keep throwing assets at something until something good happens!
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(02-14-2018, 08:41 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: Plus, AJ's throwing motion looks a little off in the example he threw at us. I know he only threw five or six passes his entire career at Bama but he could have found a better one.

We need a dude with a true QB throwing motion !!

Tebow throwing a screen pass.

[Image: 583px-Tim_Tebow_January_2011.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-14-2018, 06:57 PM by atburg.)

(02-14-2018, 04:30 AM)Jagsfan32277 Wrote: Lol, AJ McCaron, he cant even beat out Dalton, or keep Bortles, or draft a 2nd tier rookie qb and see if he develops, yadda yadda yadda.  The football acumen in Duval County, Ill tell ya, embarrassing.  All these years since the beginning of JDR days you all are so used to having a mediocre passing attack its just something you've accepted. Mediocrity at the QB spot, ball control, game manger days since Garrard. Since Brunnell, Jags have deficient QBs, one is a captain check down with only one pass the slant, one with a windmill windup and lead feet,  one with all the physical tool but no toughness, one who's not a natural thrower, one who gets passes batted at the LOS and throws checkdowns, a couple of journeyman scrubs.  Coughlin, time to get a real complete NFL qb to win the Super Bowl.

Please tell me when there was a quarterback competition in Cincinnati! I may not be all in on Bortles , but as a lifelong Tide fan I will continue to defend A. J. ! I would absolutely love to see him in Jacksonville.

(02-14-2018, 10:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 01:53 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: The idea of drafting ANOTHER WR from Oklahoma State University is nauseating. 

The idea that Blake Bortles is not the problem has reached epically comical proportions. The next Comcast commercial should feature a Jaguars' fan watching Blake Bortles drop back to pass...."Some people like to cringe when their passer drops back in the pocket..."

A great quarterback can take the water bottle guy and make a Pro Bowler out of him.

Swap Blake Bortles with Tom Brady or Drew Brees then tell me what you expect to happen the Jaguars, Saints, or Patriots.

I really hope that Tom Coughlin and David Caldwell will work hard to bring in A. J. McCarron. 

Can't happen soon enough.

[Image: 295d70a251b9f47e0831fc72c106a177.jpg]

As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area and has seen just about every NFL pass McCarron has made, I want no part of him as a starting QB. I believe the Browns sabotaged that trade on purpose, because they realized what a terrible deal they were making to get him.

(02-14-2018, 07:12 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Different teams take different routes in developing quarterback talent.

Not every franchise throws raw meat to the wolves expecting good things to happen the way we do. 

Very few quarterback come into the NFL ready to go.

Hopefully, in our lifetime the Jaguars' franchise will mature to the point where they will learn to refrain from the methodically-flawed ways of the past.

Pick a QB prospect and bench him for three years. That's what the better teams unable to acquire a elite immediate starter do.

3 Years? Our window of opportunity may be closed by then. I'm all for drafting a QB and sitting him for a year, but that's the max. We need an upgrade now.

(02-14-2018, 09:31 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: Could Bortles continue to develop ala’ Alex Smith and blossom late in his career? Sure. But that’s a risky gamble, and that’s why I think Coughlin will be bringing in competition, as he should.

Again, as someone who saw every Bama game he started...... You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!!

(02-14-2018, 09:28 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: Because this needed a new thread......

How many Bortles threads we have now?

(02-14-2018, 06:54 PM)atburg Wrote:

Please tell me when there was a quarterback competition in Cincinnati! I may not be all in on Bortles , but as a lifelong Tide fan I will continue to defend A. J. ! I would absolutely love to see him in Jacksonville.

(02-14-2018, 10:21 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: As someone who lives in the Cincinnati area and has seen just about every NFL pass McCarron has made, I want no part of him as a starting QB. I believe the Browns sabotaged that trade on purpose, because they realized what a terrible deal they were making to get him.

Again, as someone who saw every Bama game he started...... You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about!!

People can judge fairly. Granted this is highlights, but there are plenty of outstanding plays indicating A. J. McCarron is a upgrade over what we have.

https://youtu.be/o0cHgAmKZvA

Amazing how we are rather talking about tearing down the entire offense as it is completely beneath the legendary Blake Bortles personnel requirements.

We already built the offense around Blake Bortles.

(02-15-2018, 01:59 AM)J UNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Granted this is highlights

And that invalidates it completely. Blake Bortles' highlights reel would look pretty darn good as well. That's what highlights are.

(02-15-2018, 01:59 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 06:54 PM)atburg Wrote: Please tell me when there was a quarterback competition in Cincinnati! I may not be all in on Bortles , but as a lifelong Tide fan I will continue to defend A. J. ! I would absolutely love to see him in Jacksonville.

People can judge fairly. Granted this is highlights, but there are plenty of outstanding plays indicating A. J. McCarron is a upgrade over what we have.

https://youtu.be/o0cHgAmKZvA

Amazing how we are rather talking about tearing down the entire offense as it is completely beneath the legendary Blake Bortles personnel requirements.

We already built the offense around Blake Bortles.

Tearing down, meaning giving him starting receivers that catch the ball, linemen that block, and a tight end who doesn't measure his 40 time in minutes?

Yes please, by all means tear it down then.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

How come no one talks about Jameis Winston throwing motion?
[Image: giphy.gif]

Watching those highlights... yeah his receivers bail him out all over the place. I guess it helps when you have those kinda of receivers to throw to every game. Any chance we can get Julio Jones to go with AJ? Not seeing much of an upgrade.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018, 02:02 PM by atburg.)

(02-18-2018, 12:32 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Watching those highlights...  yeah his receivers bail him out all over the place.  I guess it helps when you have those kinda of receivers to throw to every game.  Any chance we can get Julio Jones to go with AJ?  Not seeing much of an upgrade.

Do you think they would gel? Considering he was gone before Mccarron got the starting job. He had a great receiver in Cooper, but Norwood, and Bell were 2 and 3.

I'll be honest, I didn't expect to see AJ McCarron hype videos on here in 2018.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018, 04:38 PM by MoJagFan.)

(02-18-2018, 01:59 PM)atburg Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 12:32 PM)MoJagFan Wrote: Watching those highlights...  yeah his receivers bail him out all over the place.  I guess it helps when you have those kinda of receivers to throw to every game.  Any chance we can get Julio Jones to go with AJ?  Not seeing much of an upgrade.

Do you think they would gel? Considering he was gone before Mccarron got the starting job. He had a great receiver in Cooper, but Norwood, and Bell were 2 and 3.

Did you consider that I might have looked it up to double check that they played together before I posted?

In his first season at Alabama, McCarron accepted a redshirt and did not play during the season[7][8] as the team went 14–0 to capture the 2009 National Championship.[9] During his redshirt freshman year, he did see some playing time, appearing in nine games[10] as the Crimson Tide finished 10–3.[11] His first collegiate touchdown pass came during the season opener when he connected with wide receiver Julio Jones on a 29-yard pass.[12] He passed for a total of 389 yards and three touchdowns during the season.

EDIT:

Sure they didn't have multiple full seasons together but it was in the highlight reel.
The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-18-2018, 04:36 PM)MoJagFan Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 01:59 PM)atburg Wrote: Do you think they would gel? Considering he was gone before Mccarron got the starting job. He had a great receiver in Cooper, but Norwood, and Bell were 2 and 3.

Did you consider that I might have looked it up to double check that they played together before I posted?

In his first season at Alabama, McCarron accepted a redshirt and did not play during the season[7][8] as the team went 14–0 to capture the 2009 National Championship.[9] During his redshirt freshman year, he did see some playing time, appearing in nine games[10] as the Crimson Tide finished 10–3.[11] His first collegiate touchdown pass came during the season opener when he connected with wide receiver Julio Jones on a 29-yard pass.[12] He passed for a total of 389 yards and three touchdowns during the season.

EDIT:

Sure they didn't have multiple full seasons together but it was in the highlight reel.

He threw 48 passes , the only year he and Jones were together. Your comment was clearly basing his college performance on Julio Jones, which is not true.

This team does need a QB, as Henne won't be resigned. Let Bortles compete against a vet brought in (McCarron, Bradford, or whoever), and draft another in the 3rd or 4th round to develop for the future. Teams can carry 3 QBs.

(This post was last modified: 02-18-2018, 10:47 PM by jrvegeeta.)

(02-18-2018, 06:11 PM)ATLjag Wrote: This team does need a QB, as Henne won't be resigned.  Let Bortles compete against a vet brought in (McCarron, Bradford, or whoever), and draft another in the 3rd or 4th round to develop for the future.  Teams can carry 3 QBs.

This. Smart teams do things like this, not get rid of a starting QB who had a solid year and is still growing just because some people hate him (which doesn’t make sense - 3 other 3rd year QBs have regressed, but nobody is trying to tear them down...)