Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School

(02-18-2018, 10:08 PM)copycat Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 04:58 PM)wrong_box Wrote: Mass shootings are not a constitutional amendment problem, they are a people problem...No weapon ever created will do anything other than what the person holding it wants it to do...There is no way to know who is going to do bad things with guns any more than predicting who is going to run over a crowd of people with a vehicle, or build home made bombs, or poison a food or water supply...No measure of gun control will stop weirdos and crazies from doing their thing, the only hope would be to be ready with a plan just in case something happens...All Federal and State buildings have a security plan in place, why not schools too? 

Americans will never give up their weapons and will fight like hell to keep any and all restrictions off and away from the 2nd amendment...We have already made enough concessions to the 2nd amendment with the gun control laws we have now, that some states have started taking a stand against gun control laws and have made it legal to open carry weapons without needing a permit...There is very little room left that the American gun owners will accept in the form of gun control...

This statement right here is the great divide on this topic.  The left will never acknowledge this point just as they will never acknowledge the difference between legal and illegal immigrant.  Much like the rights refusal to discuss climate change.  Neither side will ever have proper discourse until they both drop the theatrics.

The "right" (the split doesn't exactly follow political lines) are not the ones who refuse to discuss climate change. The believers refuse to allow anyone to criticize their (very lucrative) dogma. The skeptics have asked for a scientific debate many times, but the believers have refused, use derogatory name calling, and claim "anti-science". Funny how they don't make that claim about the ones who say that gender isn't defined by genetics.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

2 shooters, or at least 1 shooter who wasn't Nikolas Cruz:

https://youtu.be/g1pGIjLfVB4

(02-19-2018, 12:32 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: 2 shooters, or at least 1 shooter who wasn't Nikolas Cruz:

https://youtu.be/g1pGIjLfVB4

So the other one was "Nicholas" Cruz?

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

This student says there were 3 shooters:

https://youtu.be/zlhMGWyT_uU

Teachers receive training and are notified a simulated incident will occur.  http://archive.is/pJeMy#selection-2671.0-2671.178
Cruz shows up on campus via an Uber Taxi for unknown reasons.   http://archive.is/O0jbm
Cruz does not know the police are after him and decides to go get something to eat at McDonald's/Subway without knowing he is the patsy.   http://archive.is/GOlmf
FBI/Police arrest him as he walks down a residential street on his way home.   http://archive.is/8MfoN
Cruz is presented with a plea bargain that will let him avoid the death penalty and avoid any real investigation/trial.    http://archive.is/uAhPt
Cruz pleads guilty to 17 counts of premeditated homicide.
Demolition of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fl is announced to cover up the scene of the crime.   http://archive.is/p6UIl

[Image: nqnx9d]

(02-19-2018, 02:18 PM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: Teachers receive training and are notified a simulated incident will occur.  http://archive.is/pJeMy#selection-2671.0-2671.178
Cruz shows up on campus via an Uber Taxi for unknown reasons.   http://archive.is/O0jbm
Cruz does not know the police are after him and decides to go get something to eat at McDonald's/Subway without knowing he is the patsy.   http://archive.is/GOlmf
FBI/Police arrest him as he walks down a residential street on his way home.   http://archive.is/8MfoN
Cruz is presented with a plea bargain that will let him avoid the death penalty and avoid any real investigation/trial.    http://archive.is/uAhPt
Cruz pleads guilty to 17 counts of premeditated homicide.
Demolition of Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fl is announced to cover up the scene of the crime.   http://archive.is/p6UIl

I recall hearing about the "active shooter" drill that very same day the shooting occurred as well. A lot of people like to follow the narrative the MSM spoon feeds us but more digging needs to be done. That Vegas Shooting was and still is sketchy as [BLEEP]. Sandy Hook was sketchy as [BLEEP]. Crisis Actors have been busted several times showing up in the news at all of these shootings and events as well. [BLEEP] doesn't add up sometimes. Very interesting links and timelines though.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

So, Rick Scott wants answers from the FBI concerning their inaction to the tip about this shooter. While his heart is in the right place, it's a bit naive to believe a government agency will ever be held accountable for anything. And if anything does happen, it's likely to be just more incompetent government. They should start the Department Of We're So Incompetent We Started This Department.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/bay..._to_r.html

Oh, and Ricky, don't be so harsh on the FBI. They did save us from the ruthless Waco Jesus after all.

From 2014, but if this kid knew what he was doing it would be 24 dead, not 24 wounded.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/04/0...gh-school/

Crazy gonna crazy. Bottom line.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 10:29 AM by Caldrac.)

(02-19-2018, 08:26 PM)Jagsfan4life9/28/82 Wrote: So, Rick Scott wants answers from the FBI concerning their inaction to the tip about this shooter. While his heart is in the right place, it's a bit naive to believe a government agency will ever be held accountable for anything. And if anything does happen, it's likely to be just more incompetent government. They should start the Department Of We're So Incompetent We Started This Department.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/bay..._to_r.html

Oh, and Ricky, don't be so harsh on the FBI. They did save us from the ruthless Waco Jesus after all.

Exactly. Nothing is going to come out of this. Because it's a Government agency and they get away with incompetence on a daily basis. You could even make a case that even on a local level they failed in Parkland, FL. That kid's house had nearly 40 police calls in a year. And we only have 52 weeks in a year. Did that not register at any point in time on a local level that maybe a series of issues were occurring there?

The kid had been expelled as well and had been known to be quiet while also getting into trouble. Even some of the kids that were interviewed weren't really surprised by him doing this. They honestly expected it to happen in some cases. The whole situation reeks of fishiness though. The active shooter drill during the day of the shooting? Come on man. Really? That kind of makes you wonder if he had insider information regarding that particular day. 

Maybe he knew that drill was going on that day and he took advantage of it. And who the hell runs an active shooter drill on Valentine's Day anyway? That alone is pretty messed up. We've all be in school before. Didn't matter if it was elementary, middle or high school. Valentine's Day was always about gift giving, secret admirer's, candy, and high school sweethearts spoiling each other around school grounds. 

Baffling to say the least.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Well, well, well...looks like the Race Baiters succeeded again. Change the rules for minorities, create another situation where the legal authorities cannot enforce the law because of skin color or name of the criminal, and then we all blame law enforcement for their ineptitude and start a movement to take away legal gun ownership by non-criminals. Almost like Obama and his Merry Band of Traitors meant for this to happen...well, not almost, clearly that was their intent.

The Broward County Solution

FTA:

"Authorities agreed to treat twelve different misdemeanor offenses as school-related issues, not criminal ones.  The results impressed the people who initiated the program.  Arrests dropped from more than a thousand in 2011-2012 to less than four hundred just four years later.

One particular motivation behind programs like Broward County's was the pressure from multiple sources to reduce the statistical disparity between black and Hispanic student arrests on one hand and white and Asian student arrests on the other.  Benzing writes, for instance, how a Denver organization called "Padres & Jóvenes Unidos" successfully advocated for a program like Broward's to help achieve "racial and education equity" in Denver schools.

By virtue of his name alone, Nikolas de Jesús Cruz, the adopted son of Lynda and Roger Cruz, became a statistical Hispanic.  As such, authorities at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland had every reason not to report his troubling and likely criminal behavior to the police."
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

David Hogg, the new Parkland student activist. He is very articulate about gun control and Donald Trump. He sounds like he has been extensively coached. And true to form, there is a YouTube of him actually rehearsing his lines. He is a brave defender of the FBI. Why would a student defend the FBI's role in this? Oh, that's right, Hogg's father is FBI. David Hogg is a newly-minted media star. He was invited to meet with Donald Trump, but he is going to snub the President and participate in an anti-gun Town Hall instead. I hope David's school work doesn't suffer, what with flying around the country and appearing on CNN and MSNBC all the time. This is a well-traveled young man. He even appeared in a CBS segment in Redondo Beach, California 5 months ago involving a boogie board and a profane lifeguard. Newsworthy events just seem to follow David around.

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 01:45 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-20-2018, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, well, well...looks like the Race Baiters succeeded again. Change the rules for minorities, create another situation where the legal authorities cannot enforce the law because of skin color or name of the criminal, and then we all blame law enforcement for their ineptitude and start a movement to take away legal gun ownership by non-criminals. Almost like Obama and his Merry Band of Traitors meant for this to happen...well, not almost, clearly that was their intent.

FTA:

"Authorities agreed to treat twelve different misdemeanor offenses as school-related issues, not criminal ones.  The results impressed the people who initiated the program.  Arrests dropped from more than a thousand in 2011-2012 to less than four hundred just four years later.

One particular motivation behind programs like Broward County's was the pressure from multiple sources to reduce the statistical disparity between black and Hispanic student arrests on one hand and white and Asian student arrests on the other.  Benzing writes, for instance, how a Denver organization called "Padres & Jóvenes Unidos" successfully advocated for a program like Broward's to help achieve "racial and education equity" in Denver schools.

By virtue of his name alone, Nikolas de Jesús Cruz, the adopted son of Lynda and Roger Cruz, became a statistical Hispanic.  As such, authorities at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland had every reason not to report his troubling and likely criminal behavior to the police."

Well [BLEEP]. That's inexcusable. I can't wait to see or hear any if they do come up on here.

(02-20-2018, 11:12 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: David Hogg, the new Parkland student activist.  He is very articulate about gun control and Donald Trump.  He sounds like he has been extensively coached.  And true to form, there is a YouTube of him actually rehearsing his lines.  He is a brave defender of the FBI.  Why would a student defend the FBI's role in this?  Oh, that's right, Hogg's father is FBI.  David Hogg is a newly-minted media star.  He was invited to meet with Donald Trump, but he is going to snub the President and participate in an anti-gun Town Hall instead.  I hope David's school work doesn't suffer, what with flying around the country and appearing on CNN and MSNBC all the time.  This is a well-traveled young man.  He even appeared in a CBS segment in Redondo Beach, California 5 months ago involving a boogie board and a profane lifeguard.  Newsworthy events just seem to follow David around.

Not surprising at all. Can't wait to see how this progresses now.

(02-20-2018, 11:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: Well, well, well...looks like the Race Baiters succeeded again. Change the rules for minorities, create another situation where the legal authorities cannot enforce the law because of skin color or name of the criminal, and then we all blame law enforcement for their ineptitude and start a movement to take away legal gun ownership by non-criminals. Almost like Obama and his Merry Band of Traitors meant for this to happen...well, not almost, clearly that was their intent.

FTA:

I suspected something like that

(02-20-2018, 11:12 AM)Byron LeftTown Wrote: David Hogg, the new Parkland student activist.  He is very articulate about gun control and Donald Trump.  He sounds like he has been extensively coached.  And true to form, there is a YouTube of him actually rehearsing his lines.  He is a brave defender of the FBI.  Why would a student defend the FBI's role in this?  Oh, that's right, Hogg's father is FBI.  David Hogg is a newly-minted media star.  He was invited to meet with Donald Trump, but he is going to snub the President and participate in an anti-gun Town Hall instead.  I hope David's school work doesn't suffer, what with flying around the country and appearing on CNN and MSNBC all the time.  This is a well-traveled young man.  He even appeared in a CBS segment in Redondo Beach, California 5 months ago involving a boogie board and a profane lifeguard.  Newsworthy events just seem to follow David around.

lol ... please, don't ever stop posting.

Knew you'd be trolling on this one. And while I'm sure you don't believe a word of the silliness you post, apparently there are some yahoos who do. Incredible.

Straight comedy.
The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 01:50 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(02-21-2018, 10:06 AM)Adam2012 Wrote:

lol ... please, don't ever stop posting.

Knew you'd be trolling on this one. And while I'm sure you don't believe a word of the silliness you post, apparently there are some yahoos who do. Incredible.

Straight comedy.

Wait til he begins to say the kids created the mass shooting themselves like Sandy Hook.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 01:49 PM by TJBender.)

(02-21-2018, 01:47 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Is it wrong for me to assume the majority of gun lovers would support sacrificing the safety of their friends and family to mass shooting all to keep their gun rights?

Of course it's wrong. They all know that the gun isn't the problem, it's the person carrying it, and enacting laws to prevent those people from getting guns won't matter because the laws currently on the books are ineffective. The right answer, of course, is to do nothing and continue making love to that sweet, sweet Remington.

Is it wrong for me to assume the majority of gun lovers would support sacrificing the safety of their friends and family to mass shooting all to keep their gun rights?
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Rainbow 

(02-21-2018, 01:49 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 01:47 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Is it wrong for me to assume the majority of gun lovers would support sacrificing the safety of their friends and family to mass shooting all to keep their gun rights?

Of course it's wrong. They all know that the gun isn't the problem, it's the person carrying it, and enacting laws to prevent those people from getting guns won't matter because the laws currently on the books are ineffective. The right answer, of course, is to do nothing and continue making love to that sweet, sweet Remington.

We have laws for that already. The law failed in the Parkland case because racial identity politics prevented law enforcement from effectively dealing with the Cruz situation before he shot up the school. Let's get rid off the race-based quota system prevalent in our society and get criminals like Cruz into jails where they belong.

(02-21-2018, 01:50 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Is it wrong for me to assume the majority of gun lovers would support sacrificing the safety of their friends and family to mass shooting all to keep their gun rights?

I'll keep my gun rights rather than sacrifice my friends and family to this kind of mass shooting:

[Image: ww219123jpg+ditch_+women]

Never Again.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-21-2018, 01:47 PM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote: Wait til he begins to say the kids created the mass shooting themselves like Sandy Hook.

Get your story straight. I never said that. I said Sandy Hook was a FEMA drill, complete with operations manual. Nobody died at Sandy Hook, but for some reason this information makes people angry rather than happy.