Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Mass Shooting at Parkland, FL High School

(02-14-2018, 09:26 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 09:22 PM)jj82284 Wrote: Over under on the existing gun laws the guy already broke?  

Were not dodging, were living in reality.  If ur waiting for Santa clause to cleanse the world then good luck with that.

I'm sure about every gun law in the book was broken. They should all be enforced, but they won't be. Democrats will pitch a fit for 48 hours then go back to whatever SJW crap they're in line for this week. Trump will come out in the morning and proclaim that it's a mental health problem, not a gun law problem, and he will not entertain the idea of changing our gun laws because they work perfectly.

When a law doesn't work, you know what you do? You get rid of it and replace it with one that's easier to enforce and properly scoped, then you enforce that one.

Register your guns or go to prison for ten years and lose them forever. Seems really easy to me.

You say this as if the people committing these heinous acts give a rat's butt about the law.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-15-2018, 01:38 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 01:21 AM)jj82284 Wrote: The bigger problem here is that this person was known to be prone to violence.  Student after student is proclaiming that everyone knew this kid was troubled and potentially dangerous.  In a sane society we should have the basic infrastructure to make sure that when someone demonstrates themselves as a threat to themselves or others they are A.) segregated so that they can't commit harm and B.) rehabilitated if possible.  The idea that we should focus the entirety of the debate on the weapon used and not the person who committed the crime would be like going to a father whose daughter was raped and killed and saying, "hey, at least he didn't use a gun"

Whenever we talk about MENTAL HEALTH we always think of it in the terms of The voice in the radio said this or the little alien on my shoulder made me do it.  That says nothing of the nihilistic blood lust that has begun to permeate our culture.  The devaluation of human life and the primacy of feelings specifically rage naturally gives way to more and more anti-social behavior and in extreme cases violent psychopathy.  

Last of all, why is no one talking about actually protecting the schools.  The debate generally devolves into Should we or should we not Take guns away from the good guys.  Should we or should we not ad this hurdle that only law abiding citizens will comply with.  Should we or should we not have more and more spaces where bad people KNOW there is no armed opposition.  At what point do we make the common sense suggestion that we SHOULD have the infrastructure to make sure that a student who has already been expelled with a history of terroristic (little t) threats can't just walk onto a school campus?  When are we going to seriously consider "Should we or should we not have basic security in vulnerable locations to make sure that in extreme circumstances we don't just have a shooting gallery?"

Or, here's an idea, how about we make it harder for people prone to violence to get guns that they use to shoot up schools. Now, how would we ever do that?

Oh, right, COME DOWN ON THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE THEM ACCESS TO THEM.

You can't dodge this issue forever. At some point, access to firearms is the source of the problem. If this kid didn't have access to a gun, would he have gone in with a knife? Possibly, but then we're talking about one or two potential deaths before he's contained, not 15 people shot with an assault rifle. Having riot police in every public place is not only impractical, but it sends the worst possible message to Americans that we are being occupied, and we should be ok with that because it's for our own good.

There are lots of problems intertwined here, and none of them are a matter of simple common sense. If you forcibly ban all guns, you pretty much end gun violence, sure, but how many people get turned into swiss cheese by the FBI in the process of enforcing that ban? You can continue to send thoughts and prayers, but how's that been working out lately? Seems like all of our bought-and-paid-for Congressional representatives/NRA mouthpieces are praying for more prayers.

Or more dollars.

Hey, maybe this all comes back to campaign finance reform, too. If there were limits on the amount that companies could donate and an end to PACs and SuperPACs, the NRA, amongst other companies, would quickly lose much of its grip, and maybe there would suddenly be room for a dialogue that focuses somewhere between "ban all guns" and "come get it from my cold dead hands".

Going after the people who negligently give, sell or provide access to firearms, and coming down on them hard with jail and prison sentences that hit them in a meaningful way, seems to me to be a very effective and efficient way of addressing the problem that Republicans in the House love to point back to--the guy who should never have had access to a gun. If that's true, if the access to the weapon was the root of the problem, and if that access was the result of negligence or willful ignorance of the laws, then go get the person that gave it to them. Whether that's a shady gun show dealer who ignored the rules or a parent that didn't lock up their gun properly, go get that person and put them in jail for it. That's how you send a message, and that's one big way to stop letting people who shouldn't have guns get them.

Access to the gun was not the root of the problem.

(02-15-2018, 01:38 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 01:21 AM)jj82284 Wrote: The bigger problem here is that this person was known to be prone to violence.  Student after student is proclaiming that everyone knew this kid was troubled and potentially dangerous.  In a sane society we should have the basic infrastructure to make sure that when someone demonstrates themselves as a threat to themselves or others they are A.) segregated so that they can't commit harm and B.) rehabilitated if possible.  The idea that we should focus the entirety of the debate on the weapon used and not the person who committed the crime would be like going to a father whose daughter was raped and killed and saying, "hey, at least he didn't use a gun"

Whenever we talk about MENTAL HEALTH we always think of it in the terms of The voice in the radio said this or the little alien on my shoulder made me do it.  That says nothing of the nihilistic blood lust that has begun to permeate our culture.  The devaluation of human life and the primacy of feelings specifically rage naturally gives way to more and more anti-social behavior and in extreme cases violent psychopathy.  

Last of all, why is no one talking about actually protecting the schools.  The debate generally devolves into Should we or should we not Take guns away from the good guys.  Should we or should we not ad this hurdle that only law abiding citizens will comply with.  Should we or should we not have more and more spaces where bad people KNOW there is no armed opposition.  At what point do we make the common sense suggestion that we SHOULD have the infrastructure to make sure that a student who has already been expelled with a history of terroristic (little t) threats can't just walk onto a school campus?  When are we going to seriously consider "Should we or should we not have basic security in vulnerable locations to make sure that in extreme circumstances we don't just have a shooting gallery?"

Or, here's an idea, how about we make it harder for people prone to violence to get guns that they use to shoot up schools. Now, how would we ever do that?

Oh, right, COME DOWN ON THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE THEM ACCESS TO THEM.

You can't dodge this issue forever. At some point, access to firearms is the source of the problem. If this kid didn't have access to a gun, would he have gone in with a knife? Possibly, but then we're talking about one or two potential deaths before he's contained, not 15 people shot with an assault rifle. Having riot police in every public place is not only impractical, but it sends the worst possible message to Americans that we are being occupied, and we should be ok with that because it's for our own good.

1.) your major premise is flawed, there are other methods of mass killing.  2.) No one is talking about riot police.  We are talking about having a few armed personnel on site to make sure that when you have a target that we know to be suspect that there is a response before shots are actually fired.  We should both be able to agree that the idea that anyone who wants to walk onto a school campus can make it all the way to the most vulnerable in our society is a little bit of a flawed system.  

There are lots of problems intertwined here, and none of them are a matter of simple common sense. If you forcibly ban all guns, you pretty much end gun violence, sure, but how many people get turned into swiss cheese by the FBI in the process of enforcing that ban? You can continue to send thoughts and prayers, but how's that been working out lately? Seems like all of our bought-and-paid-for Congressional representatives/NRA mouthpieces are praying for more prayers.

Or more dollars.

Hey, maybe this all comes back to campaign finance reform, too. If there were limits on the amount that companies could donate and an end to PACs and SuperPACs, the NRA, amongst other companies, would quickly lose much of its grip, and maybe there would suddenly be room for a dialogue that focuses somewhere between "ban all guns" and "come get it from my cold dead hands".

Another misnomer, in the main the NRA doesn't fun candidates.  They don't have to.  The second Amendment is woven into the DNA of this country.  Second, the idea that its even possible to ban guns is ridiculous on its face.  I am still waiting for a positive report from the city of Chicago where all the bad guys realized that they were in violation of the states strict Gun laws and just abandoned mass shootings.  That's not the way the world works.  

Going after the people who negligently give, sell or provide access to firearms, and coming down on them hard with jail and prison sentences that hit them in a meaningful way, seems to me to be a very effective and efficient way of addressing the problem that Republicans in the House love to point back to--the guy who should never have had access to a gun. If that's true, if the access to the weapon was the root of the problem, and if that access was the result of negligence or willful ignorance of the laws, then go get the person that gave it to them. Whether that's a shady gun show dealer who ignored the rules or a parent that didn't lock up their gun properly, go get that person and put them in jail for it. That's how you send a message, and that's one big way to stop letting people who shouldn't have guns get them.

Omar Mateen was sanctioned by the Government United States of America to carry firearms and discharge duties as a security guard.  The simple facts that a.) the state will never be able to weed out everyone within a population of 320 million who is prone to violence b.) the state will never and can never keep track of 320 million firearms c.) criminals and psychopaths don't care what the law says are precisely why the right of free individuals to own and keep their own form of protection is so important that the founders codified it into the bill of rights.

(02-14-2018, 09:35 PM)copycat Wrote:
(02-14-2018, 09:02 PM)TJBender Wrote: The gun lobby and the Republicans they pay for. Every damn time. They're as quick to say, "This is a mental health issue," as those same Republicans were to kick everyone out of the hospitals in the '80s. 

I mean, at some point, pull your heads out of your [BLEEP]. This is now a weekly thing, maybe even twice in some weeks. How do we even define a "mass" shooting anymore? What's the head count up to before it's not just "some loon with a gun"? Does the location of the shooting play into it? Like, if someone shoots 4 kids at a school, is it a mass shooting whereas 4 adults at an office is just a job dispute gone horribly awry?

[BLEEP] it. Amend the Constitution. Americans can't handle guns, and to the group that's inevitably salivating over the chance to reply, yeah, that's aimed at you too. If we can't go one week without someone shooting up a concert or a school or a mall or a workplace or a church or town square, it's no longer a mental health issue. It's not a terrorism issue, and it's not an illegal immigration issue so don't you even try to go there, scumbag. It's a gun issue. Specifically, Americans don't know how to use them responsibly. Amend the [BLEEP] Constitution. Don't take them away, but codify the right to own them. And if your response is they can have it when they pry it from your cold dead hands, then, hey, you made your own bed on that one.

Guns should be registered. Ownership should be tightly controlled. Possession of a gun by a person other than the registered owner is a felony. An individual's license to own a gun may be revoked upon showing of cause, and no cause is needed to deny a license to own a firearm in the first place. You want to own a gun? Fine. Your criminal record, medical history and background check results are now public record. And if you or a dependent of yours use a gun in the commission of a crime, that gun is seized and destroyed along with any and all others you own, and you go to jail for a long, long time. Zero tolerance for gun violence.

You want to own a gun? Fine. Prove that you're a responsible, stable individual who should have one first, and keep proving that every damn day until you die or lose it. Amend the Constitution, because that's the only way it can legally be done, but Charlie H. Crist, how can anyone sit there and continue to argue that lax gun laws (if they exist at all) are not allowing these guns to make it to people who then use them to murder others?

"What's the point of more laws if more laws don't work?"

Stop dodging. You have no counter to the real point, so you hide behind a lawyer argument. More laws work wonders if you enforce the ones already on the books and the new ones.

Ignoring your emotional outburst lead insults help me understand.  I grew up in a time where every truck had a gun rack and every gun rack had a gun in it even at school.  These mass shootings did not occur.  Guns have always been around this new mass shooting, go out in a blaze of glory thing is relatively new.  What has changed?  From my viewpoint going after guns is going after the symptom and not the cause.

agree 100% I too come from a place where nearly every truck had a gun rack in it during high school and nothing ever happened...something between then and now has changed, it's not guns that have changed, well I suppose they have evolved into more modern models, but the point remains the same...

So what has changed? Lack of caring about life? Lack of being tolerant of other people? Glorification of killing people in video games, and movie/tv violence desensitized youth? The popularity of street gangs and glorifying killing anyone who isnt "one of them" may also have some sort of influence...

I don't know the answer(s) but if guns were the actual problem we would have had this problem pretty much forever, but we have not...The root of the problem isnt guns

Unfortunately, there will be no answers to this problem, because Republicans and Democrats refuse to compromise and work together on anything. They just continually blame each other for everything bad in the world. I am a responsible gun owner and I believe certain people should be limited from owning guns. If you are convicted of any type of violent crime or have had any mental health issues, you should not be allowed to own a firearm. if you obtain one illegally, you and the person who sold it to you should go to federal prison on set, minimum sentences of 10 years with no parole. A second offense should result in 30 years with no chance at parole. A 3rd offense should result in life in prison.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 07:17 AM by Caldrac.)

The problem is that the left will cry Gun Control and Gun Restrictions while the right will cry we need more God in school and more God at home. This shooting, just like the Orlando shooting, the JFK Airport shooting and the Vegas shooting will be swept under the rug by the end of the month and it'll be as if it never happened. I don't have all the answers. I am not a politician. I don't own a gun. I don't lean left nor right 24/7.

The problem is that a lot of the issues we see with violence in our country is usually traced back to terrible living conditions or treatment. Maybe if we invested more time in mental health, economical health, balance, equality, etc. Maybe that would help reduce the amount of times misguided people or children fill the need to snap and go on a killing spree. Something clearly isn't right and something clearly isn't working. We seem to average a mass shooting now relatively every four to six months.

Now, I know statistically we can all sit here and say that "Out of 340M people, guns are only responsible for 0.02% of our yearly deaths. And how many of those shootings were committed during disputes or in areas known for high crime rates and violence?". I get that. I really, really get that. BUT... as a human being. It's a bitter pill to swallow because it's easy for us to say that and play that card when it's not YOUR family being gunned down. When it's not YOUR child being cut down.

I don't think we'll ever be able to fix this issue until we start having an in depth conversation about society in general. Because that's where it all starts.

“Man is by nature a social animal; an individual who is unsocial naturally and not accidentally is either beneath our notice or more than human. Society is something that precedes the individual. Anyone who either cannot lead the common life or is so self-sufficient as not to need to, and therefore does not partake of society, is either a beast or a god. ” - Aristotle
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-15-2018, 06:58 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Unfortunately, there will be no answers to this problem, because Republicans and Democrats refuse to compromise and work together on anything. They just continually blame each other for everything bad in the world. I am a responsible gun owner and I believe certain people should be limited from owning guns. If you are convicted of any type of violent crime or have had any mental health issues, you should not be allowed to own a firearm. if you obtain one illegally, you and the person who sold it to you should go to federal prison on set, minimum sentences of 10 years with no parole. A second offense should result in 30 years with no chance at parole. A 3rd offense should result in life in prison.

You have no idea how large the police state will need to be to make your fantasy a reality. You really want the State in your medical record? Because dollars to doughnuts you have something there that they will use against you to strip you of your rights. Hell, you just admitted to owning a gun, that makes you a loon and a risk in the view of your political adversaries.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-15-2018, 01:16 AM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 12:59 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No. I will NOT surrender my rights because criminals do bad things. Ever.

And it's precisely that all or none attitude that's going to keep getting Americans slaughtered, but you go on feeling like your "right" to take out a banana republic is somehow making the world a better place.

No, it's not. No more than any other crime. Your hysterics are antithetical to American philosophy, law, and jurisprudence, all of which have and do make the world a better place. 

So fine, I'll give up my guns when you give up your cars, knives, tools, liquor, drugs, and submit to a mental health exam every time you head to Home Depot. Because if we're going to blame inanimate objects for the actions of Evil people then I demand we blame them all.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-15-2018, 08:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 01:16 AM)TJBender Wrote: And it's precisely that all or none attitude that's going to keep getting Americans slaughtered, but you go on feeling like your "right" to take out a banana republic is somehow making the world a better place.

No, it's not. No more than any other crime. Your hysterics are antithetical to American philosophy, law, and jurisprudence, all of which have and do make the world a better place. 

So fine, I'll give up my guns when you give up your cars, knives, tools, liquor, drugs, and submit to a mental health exam every time you head to Home Depot. Because if we're going to blame inanimate objects for the actions of Evil people then I demand we blame them all.
So we just say "Man this sucks but some people are bad." 

Why didn't we do that when 9/11 happened? "Man. This sucks but some people are bad. No reason to change boarding procedures."

I don't know what's changed in the past 30 years or so but we need to change with the times. Some people on this board were saying how they grew up with guns in trucks and gun racks and this never happened. Well, it's happening now and it's happening more frequently. Doing nothing is clearly not working and it seems to only be getting worse. I don't know what the solution is but keeping everything the same is clearly not working. Saying "Oh this was just a bad person. Come take my guns? Yea right. Come and try." Isn't helping anything or anyone.

As a pro gun supporter the fact there are so many that have been brain washed to think there should be no regulations, even stopping those with mental illness from buying a gun, is insane. Will that legislation help in every case? No, but it could never hurt either.

Something hasn't been done because too many people have turned into target practice.

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 09:52 AM by Caldrac.)

(02-15-2018, 08:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 01:16 AM)TJBender Wrote: And it's precisely that all or none attitude that's going to keep getting Americans slaughtered, but you go on feeling like your "right" to take out a banana republic is somehow making the world a better place.

Where's your proof in that? Regarding American Philosophy, law and jurisprudence? Especially regarding the "making the world a better place". Where the hell do you come up with that? 

Look. I love my country just as much as the next person. But this idea that we're so [BLEEP] star spangled awesome 365 days a year needs to stop. Our Government is corrupt. Democracy is a [BLEEP] lie in this country. It's an Oligarchy or Plutocracy. It's anything BUT a legitimate Democracy. There's a reason why Trump was able to win over his voter base with the "Make America Great Again" slogan.

Our Philosophies have always been flawed as well. Nearly since day one. "All Men Are Created Equal" said the founding fathers... who owned slaves.... so much for that right? As far as law and order and justice? Really? That's probably the MOST corrupted aspect of our country. 

Our meddling in world wide affairs is why this Country is slowly burning like the old Roman Empire. That's why we're constantly up in arms about one another. That's why we're always divided. Too much outside influence. A bunch of rich folks telling us what to think and what to feel and what to believe. It's nonsense man. Nonsense. 

I am with you about the guns. I'll give you that. I don't think a few rotten apples with a couple of seeds loose should spoil the barrel. I really don't. I think it's childish and obnoxious. If someone wants to make a statement and go on a killing spree they'll find ways to do it. You can make poisonous gases, liquids, fire bombs, I.E.D's & rig deadly traps at a mass or grand level if you truly want to. All of which can be pulled off in some cases with everyday household items you can find at your local Wal-Mart or Home Improvement center. 

But listen to your own words. Listen to mine. It's an environmental issue. It's a disease. People are being beaten into the ground day after day and mentally they just [BLEEP] snap man. They lose their [BLEEP] and fall out of touch with reality. We should be talking about the loss of life here and what was the root cause. Instead? We're all on here bickering back and forth about amendments and the constitution.

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-15-2018, 09:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 08:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, it's not. No more than any other crime. Your hysterics are antithetical to American philosophy, law, and jurisprudence, all of which have and do make the world a better place. 

Where's your proof in that? Regarding American Philosophy, law and jurisprudence? Especially regarding the "making the world a better place". Where the hell do you come up with that? 

Why the hell are we having a tiff about illegal immigration if it's not true? American innovation, the innovation that drives the world (or did until certain lefties got control of our institutions), is a direct result of our P, L & J. The world you live in today is a result of the American Century. Is it perfect? Of course not, but it beats every alternative hands down every time.

(02-15-2018, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 08:06 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No, it's not. No more than any other crime. Your hysterics are antithetical to American philosophy, law, and jurisprudence, all of which have and do make the world a better place. 

So we just say "Man this sucks but some people are bad." 

Why didn't we do that when 9/11 happened? "Man. This sucks but some people are bad. No reason to change boarding procedures."

I don't know what's changed in the past 30 years or so but we need to change with the times. Some people on this board were saying how they grew up with guns in trucks and gun racks and this never happened. Well, it's happening now and it's happening more frequently. Doing nothing is clearly not working and it seems to only be getting worse. I don't know what the solution is but keeping everything the same is clearly not working. Saying "Oh this was just a bad person. Come take my guns? Yea right. Come and try." Isn't helping anything or anyone.

Man, some people are inciting riots with their words. You must all stop talking.

Man, some people are invoking hatred with their slanted reporting of the news. All press must be approved by the government.

Man, some religious folks are preaching hatred in their churches. All religion must be approved by the state.

Man, some people are getting together at City Hall to protest. You must all adhere to a government curfew.

Man, some people are evil and killing innocent people with guns. You must all give up your guns.

Rights are rights, they are not open to compromise or discussion lest they all be placed at risk.

And, as usual, the government you all trust so much KNEW about this guy and did nothing.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/th...djmYe46Yex

(02-15-2018, 10:41 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 09:44 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Where's your proof in that? Regarding American Philosophy, law and jurisprudence? Especially regarding the "making the world a better place". Where the hell do you come up with that? 

Why the hell are we having a tiff about illegal immigration if it's not true? American innovation, the innovation that drives the world (or did until certain lefties got control of our institutions), is a direct result of our P, L & J. The world you live in today is a result of the American Century. Is it perfect? Of course not, but it beats every alternative hands down every time.

American innovation? You mean the innovation that turned into Globalism and cut millions of American Jobs? Stole money from our economy? Profits from child labor overseas? The same innovation that looks for illegal immigrants to pay next to nothing for easy labor on American soil? 

There it is again too. "The lefties". The lefties are responsible for this country's current mess right? In all it's entirety? You mean the Bush family, the so called Republicans who we all know now were just a bunch of dirty [BLEEP] Neo-Cons didn't play a hand in all this?

They ALL work underneath the same umbrella. All of them rub elbows with each other and eat at the same tables. And what other alternatives are out there? Your choices and freedoms in this country get limited and restricted each passing day. We've watched countless businesses get steamrolled thanks to rigged guidelines and regulations. Wal-Mart crushed local businesses. Amazon is now destroying them only to take it's place. 

The world we live in today is a result of the aristocratic class, both, foreign and domestic playing the public like pawns. Like fools. We've sold out most of our freedoms and our futures for what? A poor education system? A poor health care system? An unequal economy? Drug epidemics? Obesity? A war machine which has only given us terrorism now that keeps the country on edge at every corner? We've become a [BLEEP] guinea pig to the rest of the world. 

Sounds really innovative doesn't it? Those days are gone now. We don't have innovators anymore. We have technocrats scheming up technology at such a level now that within the next 20 years we will see even more increases in unemployment. We have corporate giants taking bets and placing bets on Wallstreet numbers knowing the outcomes in advance. That's not innovation. That's theft.

(02-15-2018, 10:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 09:37 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: So we just say "Man this sucks but some people are bad." 

Man, some people are inciting riots with their words. You must all stop talking.

Man, some people are invoking hatred with their slanted reporting of the news. All press must be approved by the government.

Man, some religious folks are preaching hatred in their churches. All religion must be approved by the state.

Man, some people are getting together at City Hall to protest. You must all adhere to a government curfew.

Man, some people are evil and killing innocent people with guns. You must all give up your guns.

Rights are rights, they are not open to compromise or discussion lest they all be placed at risk.

And, as usual, the government you all trust so much KNEW about this guy and did nothing.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/briannasacks/th...djmYe46Yex
Only one of those things results in murder.

(02-15-2018, 09:40 AM)UCF Knight Wrote: As a pro gun supporter the fact there are so many that have been brain washed to think there should be no regulations, even stopping those with mental illness from buying a gun, is insane.  Will that legislation help in every case? No, but it could never hurt either.  

Something hasn't been done because too many people have turned into target practice.

Whose saying "no restrictions on mental illness"

(This post was last modified: 02-15-2018, 12:16 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The 2nd Amendment was written in 1791 when people were using muskets.  There is no need for anyone to own a AR-15.  Let the sporting clubs secure them for shooting on their designated sites if people want to for AR-15's for sport.

[Image: matchlocklever1.JPG]

This guy took out 4 people (plus himself) in a outskirts of Pittsburgh a few weeks ago.
[Image: melcroft31n-2-web.jpg]

I wonder what would happen if you took funding out of the military and put it into mental health.

(02-15-2018, 12:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: I wonder what would happen if you took funding out of the military and put it into mental health.

People on this board would be losing it because we absolutely need a massive fleet of Fail-35s to protect us from the threat that doesn't exist. Surely we can take the money from education instead. Everyone knows public schools are just for indoctrinating the future libtards of America, right? We need to spend billions of dollars more on fighters that are better at making their pilots puke into their own helmets than they are at taking down a MiG-17 in combat.

(02-15-2018, 12:44 PM)TJBender Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 12:38 PM)JackCity Wrote: I wonder what would happen if you took funding out of the military and put it into mental health.

People on this board would be losing it because we absolutely need a massive fleet of Fail-35s to protect us from the threat that doesn't exist. Surely we can take the money from education instead. Everyone knows public schools are just for indoctrinating the future libtards of America, right? We need to spend billions of dollars more on fighters that are better at making their pilots puke into their own helmets than they are at taking down a MiG-17 in combat.
As a teacher, I spend the majority of my day walking the halls with a megaphone saying "Trump is bad! Down with Trump! Kneel for the pledge!" So I'm doing my part at least.