Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A. J. McCarron Free Agency MERGED THREADS

(02-16-2018, 06:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 06:12 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/ranki...arterback/

"The Jags are a quarterback away from being a really serious Super Bowl threat; we don't know exactly how much of an upgrade McCarron will be, but we do know he would be an upgrade over Blake Bortles.

And how, exactly, do we know that McCarron would be an upgrade over Bortles?   He has all of 920 yards passing in his entire career, almost all of it in 2015.  Not exactly a huge body of work to judge him from.

How did Vince Lombardi know three years on the bench was long enough for Bart Starr?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-16-2018, 09:20 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 06:31 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: And how, exactly, do we know that McCarron would be an upgrade over Bortles?   He has all of 920 yards passing in his entire career, almost all of it in 2015.  Not exactly a huge body of work to judge him from.

How did Vince Lombardi know three years on the bench was long enough for Bart Starr?

You are aware that was 50 years ago....right?
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 09:31 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017.)

Do I read it right?

Based upon limited track record, McCarron is conceding the Jaguars would be taking a chance signing him. I am pretty sure what he states is he will work for less money in exchange for a bona fide shot at earning the starting quarterback job.

It's clear that Marvin Lewis is tied to Andy Dalton. In the same way Jack Del Rio was tied to Byron Leftwich and ignored David Garrard, Lewis never really gave serious attention to allowing McCarron to compete for the starting job.

(02-16-2018, 09:22 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 09:20 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: How did Vince Lombardi know three years on the bench was long enough for Bart Starr?

How did Mike McCarthy know three years on the bench was long enough for Aaron Rodgers?

McCarron??? Buuwwwwaaaaaaa!!! Laughing  Laughing League minimum for a back up is too much for his sorry butt.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-16-2018, 09:29 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Do I read it right?

Based upon limited track record, McCarron is conceding the Jaguars would be taking a chance signing him. I am pretty sure what he states is he will work for less money in exchange for a bona fide shot at earning the starting quarterback job.

It's clear that Marvin Lewis is tied to Andy Dalton. In the same way Jack Del Rio was tied to Byron Leftwich and ignored David Garrard, Lewis never really gave serious attention to allowing McCarron to compete for the starting job.

(02-16-2018, 09:22 AM)Rico Wrote: You are aware that was 50 years ago....right?

How did Mike McCarthy know three years on the bench was long enough for Aaron Rodgers?

So Del Rio was 'tied to Leftwich' even though he cut him suddenly in pre-season halfway through his tenure as coach with the Jaguars.  Another interesting analogy.

None of which have anything to do with McCarron not being an upgrade over Bortles.

I mean, I'd take him over Henne for the back up. But that's about it.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(02-16-2018, 09:29 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Do I read it right?

Man you are reaching..... Reaching hard.

Rodgers was sitting behind Favre..... not Dalton. If Rodgers were sitting behind Dalton for 1 practice it would have become clear Rodgers was the man.

SEC homer is out again. "He won at Alabama! He's gonna be great!"

(02-16-2018, 09:22 AM)Rico Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 09:20 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: How did Vince Lombardi know three years on the bench was long enough for Bart Starr?

Worked for Aaron Rodgers.
[Image: je8Z3fs.gif]

(02-16-2018, 10:46 AM)Spots Wrote:

Worked for Aaron Rodgers.

I'm not sure what worked and what that has to do with the 'point' he's trying to make.  But, OK.

Go back a peruse some of the other crap that this goofball has posted over the years. And let's not forget how he ruined one of the board's mock drafts the one year.

I say best case scenario bring him in and cut Henne. Draft a rookie. Throw them and Bortles at each other in training camp. May the best man win.

(02-16-2018, 11:05 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I say best case scenario bring him in and cut Henne. Draft a rookie. Throw them and Bortles at each other in training camp. May the best man win.
He's not coming here to compete. The Jags also won't keep 3 QBs.

(02-16-2018, 11:05 AM)SamusAranX Wrote: I say best case scenario bring him in and cut Henne. Draft a rookie. Throw them and Bortles at each other in training camp. May the best man win.

Although that sounds like the thing to do, no way it happens.  He'll be looking for starter's money and if Bortles makes it past 3/14 they're on the hook for his salary as well.  Can't pay both of them.

I wouldn't object to bringing him in to battle Blake and replace Henne

(02-16-2018, 03:16 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: McCarron obsession is real.

But we only have to deal with it a few more days then, like magic, this guy will be gone to become Dog Pound Brown 2018.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-16-2018, 10:50 AM)Rico Wrote: Go back a peruse some of the other crap that this goofball has posted over the years.  And let's not forget how he ruined one of the board's mock drafts the one year.

rd one -  tackle
rd two - tackle
rd three  - tackle
rd four  - defensive tackle 

Was that the one? 

He also said the Colvin pick would turn out like Sims-Walker all over again and that Kahlil Mack would be a flash in the pan. 

Called RaShede Hageman a terrific young man, the next JJ Watt...   (Now out of the league after two subpar years and a domestic violence charge) 

Not to mention the diatribes about the "passive-aggressive gator-infested media."

(02-16-2018, 01:46 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 10:50 AM)Rico Wrote: Go back a peruse some of the other crap that this goofball has posted over the years.  And let's not forget how he ruined one of the board's mock drafts the one year.

rd one -  tackle
rd two - tackle
rd three  - tackle
rd four  - defensive tackle 

Was that the one? 

He also said the Colvin pick would turn out like Sims-Walker all over again and that Kahlil Mack would be a flash in the pan. 

Called RaShede Hageman a terrific young man, the next JJ Watt...   (Now out of the league after two subpar years and a domestic violence charge) 

Not to mention the diatribes about the "passive-aggressive gator-infested media."

That would be correct.

Signing McCarron would be the worst decision about the QB this team has ever made. Blake is absolutely better than AJ. I'd rather have Bradford, Teddy B, Keenum, or a rookie over AJ.

This season is Cousins or Blake and that's really it.

(02-16-2018, 11:07 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
He's not coming here to compete. The Jags also won't keep 3 QBs.

For training camp they may have 3, if they’re truly serious about having the best QB.