Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A. J. McCarron Free Agency MERGED THREADS

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 04:20 PM by atburg.)

(02-16-2018, 08:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Don't understand the infatuation with this guy. Really don't. Even at Alabama he had a strong running game and a strong defense. And I can't remember if he had Julio Jones or not. But either way. He hasn't done [BLEEP] with the Bengals either.

He threw 58 touchdowns his last 2 years, Jones was gone before he became a starter. Strange you're complaining about him, yet you know nothing about him.

(02-16-2018, 03:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Signing McCarron would be the worst decision about the QB this team has ever made. Blake is absolutely better than AJ. I'd rather have Bradford, Teddy B, Keenum, or a rookie over AJ.

This season is Cousins or Blake and that's really it.

Another one with a vast knowledge of the quarterback position!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-16-2018, 04:15 PM)atburg Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 08:47 AM)Caldrac Wrote: Don't understand the infatuation with this guy. Really don't. Even at Alabama he had a strong running game and a strong defense. And I can't remember if he had Julio Jones or not. But either way. He hasn't done [BLEEP] with the Bengals either.

He threw 58 touchdowns his last 2 years, Jones was gone before he became a starter. Strange you're complaining about him, yet you know nothing about him.

(02-16-2018, 03:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Signing McCarron would be the worst decision about the QB this team has ever made. Blake is absolutely better than AJ. I'd rather have Bradford, Teddy B, Keenum, or a rookie over AJ.

This season is Cousins or Blake and that's really it.

Lol It's not me. It's the fact he was drafted in the 5th and has been a backup his whole NFL career. Now you're gonna come back with "Well Brady was drafted in the 6th and Rodgers was a backup!"

If McCarron comes out and lights it up, I'll have no problem saying I was wrong. It just seems highly unlikely.

Also, when you're using college stats to back up your claim, you've already lost. College stats mean absolutely nothing in the NFL.

Really amazed how he is dismissed on these boards! Smart, accurate passer would work well in the system. Call it a Bama bias, that seems to be the "in" thing to say. But I never begged to get Mcelroy here, and he was a "winner".

(02-16-2018, 04:31 PM)atburg Wrote: Really amazed how he is dismissed on these boards! Smart, accurate passer would work well in the system. Call it a Bama bias, that seems to be the "in" thing to say. But I never begged to get Mcelroy here, and he was a "winner".
Bama bias.

(02-16-2018, 04:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 04:15 PM)atburg Wrote: He threw 58 touchdowns his last 2 years, Jones was gone before he became a starter. Strange you're complaining about him, yet you know nothing about him.

Lol It's not me. It's the fact he was drafted in the 5th and has been a backup his whole NFL career. Now you're gonna come back with "Well Brady was drafted in the 6th and Rodgers was a backup!"

If McCarron comes out and lights it up, I'll have no problem saying I was wrong. It just seems highly unlikely.

Also, when you're using college stats to back up your claim, you've already lost. College stats mean absolutely nothing in the NFL.

My college stats were directed to the "won with running, and defense " comment. I was not planning to come back with anything regarding draft position.  However, since you brought it up...... Cousins went in the fourth.

(02-16-2018, 03:42 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Signing McCarron would be the worst decision

Says the guy that went to war for Blaine Gabbert for three years. 

Vast.  Vast indeed.

(02-16-2018, 04:34 PM)atburg Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 04:25 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: Lol It's not me. It's the fact he was drafted in the 5th and has been a backup his whole NFL career. Now you're gonna come back with "Well Brady was drafted in the 6th and Rodgers was a backup!"

My college stats were directed to the "won with running, and defense " comment. I was not planning to come back with anything regarding draft position.  However, since you brought it up...... Cousins went in the fourth.
And? Cousins has also had 3 legit seasons. McCarron has..... Nothing. Your claims are based on hypotheticals because no one knows how good he can actually be. Bortles is better than AJ because he's already been a starter for 3 1/2 seasons.

(02-16-2018, 04:31 PM)atburg Wrote: Really amazed how he is dismissed on these boards! Smart, accurate passer would work well in the system. Call it a Bama bias, that seems to be the "in" thing to say. But I never begged to get Mcelroy here, and he was a "winner".

Personally, I haven't dismissed him. I'm just underwhelmed by the guy. I'd have zero qualms about bringing him in for a workout.  I just don't expect much to come from it. I'll be happily wrong all day long if he turns out to be an affordable upgrade.

He has that abomination of a tattoo. I'll quit the Jaguars if he's signed.

He couldn't beat out Dalton and the worst HC in the NFL loves him. 

Bama bias.

I have not seen enough of McCarron in the NFL to warrant a knowledgeable or informed position on the guy. However, the Browns tried to trade for him last year, and they'll likely be the ones to give him a shot before us. The only reason the Bengals wanted him as a RFA, before losing the grievance, was to deal him and get something in return. He'll now be an UFA after winning the grievance case, and the Bungles will get squat. My gut, yes, the uninformed one, tells me he will be next year's Mike Glennon.

(02-16-2018, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Vast.  Vast indeed.
At this point i would take gabbert over mccarron for back up Wallbash

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 09:32 PM by atburg.)

(02-16-2018, 05:21 PM)JackCity Wrote:

He couldn't beat out Dalton and the worst HC in the NFL loves him. 

Bama bias.

He never competed with Dalton , nice try.

(02-16-2018, 04:34 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
Bama bias.

Wouldn't expect anything else.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 09:38 PM by atburg.)

(02-16-2018, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Vast.  Vast indeed.

It was 2 years!

(02-16-2018, 04:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 04:34 PM)atburg Wrote: My college stats were directed to the "won with running, and defense " comment. I was not planning to come back with anything regarding draft position.  However, since you brought it up...... Cousins went in the fourth.
And? Cousins has also had 3 legit seasons. McCarron has..... Nothing. Your claims are based on hypotheticals because no one knows how good he can actually be. Bortles is better than AJ because he's already been a starter for 3 1/2 seasons.

Its not so much saying he is better than Blake, I have no idea. Just watching him at Bama , he has alot more talent than he seems to be getting credit for.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 09:46 PM by JackCity.)

(02-16-2018, 09:31 PM)atburg Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 05:21 PM)JackCity Wrote: He couldn't beat out Dalton and the worst HC in the NFL loves him. 

Bama bias.

He never competed with Dalton , nice try.

If you want to take that angle then answer is that Dalton was too superior for it to even be a competition.

He's a backup , spot starter type.

LOL. Even scrubs like McCarron have spacecoast level fanboys? In what world does a scrub like AJ even get considered as an upgrade over any starter in the league? WOW.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-17-2018, 09:30 AM)Jagwired Wrote: LOL. Even scrubs like McCarron have spacecoast level fanboys? In what world does a scrub like AJ even get considered as an upgrade over any starter in the league? WOW.

He's been eating Red Tide Pods.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-16-2018, 09:34 PM)atburg Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Says the guy that went to war for Blaine Gabbert for three years. 

Vast.  Vast indeed.

It was 2 years!

(02-16-2018, 04:39 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: And? Cousins has also had 3 legit seasons. McCarron has..... Nothing. Your claims are based on hypotheticals because no one knows how good he can actually be. Bortles is better than AJ because he's already been a starter for 3 1/2 seasons.

Its not so much saying he is better than Blake, I have no idea. Just watching him at Bama , he has alot more talent than he seems to be getting credit for.
College means nothing. It’s why Josh Allen is a top QB prospect from Wyoming.

Your Bama bias is strong.

(02-16-2018, 04:36 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Says the guy that went to war for Blaine Gabbert for three years. 

Vast.  Vast indeed.

It was 2 years
!

Big Grin Laughing

You know I have to sneak one of those in on you every now and then Tongue

(02-17-2018, 01:17 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:
It was 2 years
!

Big Grin Laughing

You know I have to sneak one of those in on you every now and then Tongue

Its all good, I earned it.