Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A. J. McCarron Free Agency MERGED THREADS

(02-19-2018, 03:50 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 07:25 PM)atburg Wrote: Maybe you should read my prior post ? You know the one where I said I would be pulling for him, just not here!

However, if you could take a moment to stop whining about Alabama......

Here is the scouting report on the guy half of the forum is willing to bet the farm on

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kirk...id=2532820

Believe it or not, scouting reports are nothing more than opinions.
Who is whining about Alabama?  I'm simply making fun of you Bama homers who see everything through a certain prism.  Looks like the truth stings a bit since you're clearly getting defensive.

I don't dislike McCarron.  I just think it's silly for some of your fellow homers to sit here and act like he's far and away better than Bortles.  He's just as flawed, only in different ways.

I'm not one of those who thinks we should break the bank for Cousins either.  I've stated numerous times that the cost to land him in comparison with what Bortles will cost next year just doesn't make it worth it for this team.  There are better places to spend that money to make this team better.  I know there are many here who think that Cousins is some sort of top tier talent, but I'm skeptical.  I've made that pretty clear.

The Jets are rumored to be ready to spend whatever is necessary to get Cousins.  I say bully for them, and then hope that our front office just steps aside and lets them overspend on the guy.  Meanwhile, we should be looking at the draft to see if we can land an upgrade the old fashioned way, by drafting him.  That allows us to use the cap space to go after upgrades at TE, the OL, or just about anywhere we want.

Bravo, very good post.

For once we are not in the usual 'we need to get rid of half the roster and hit big in FA and the Draft'. We now DON'T have to go and overpay to get a guy like Cousins who is by no means a guarantee. In fact, no one is, i'd love to have a crystal ball to see 7 years down the line but life doesn't work like that. I agree i'd have Bortles over Cousins as the cap room could be used on the O-Line, keeping Colvin, keeping A-Rob, adding quality depth, we have a roster that needs tweaking here and there.

What i don't get is how after one month, last seasons achievements are prologue and we're back to whatever name is being talked about is pretty good.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-15-2018, 04:33 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-15-2018, 02:55 PM)Rico Wrote: LOL.  McCarron.

What's so funny about bringing in A. J. McCarron? He's better than Blake Bortles by far.

Not even.
'02

(02-20-2018, 10:59 AM)JagFan81 Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 03:50 PM)FBT Wrote: Who is whining about Alabama?  I'm simply making fun of you Bama homers who see everything through a certain prism.  Looks like the truth stings a bit since you're clearly getting defensive.

I don't dislike McCarron.  I just think it's silly for some of your fellow homers to sit here and act like he's far and away better than Bortles.  He's just as flawed, only in different ways.

I'm not one of those who thinks we should break the bank for Cousins either.  I've stated numerous times that the cost to land him in comparison with what Bortles will cost next year just doesn't make it worth it for this team.  There are better places to spend that money to make this team better.  I know there are many here who think that Cousins is some sort of top tier talent, but I'm skeptical.  I've made that pretty clear.

The Jets are rumored to be ready to spend whatever is necessary to get Cousins.  I say bully for them, and then hope that our front office just steps aside and lets them overspend on the guy.  Meanwhile, we should be looking at the draft to see if we can land an upgrade the old fashioned way, by drafting him.  That allows us to use the cap space to go after upgrades at TE, the OL, or just about anywhere we want.

Bravo, very good post.

For once we are not in the usual 'we need to get rid of half the roster and hit big in FA and the Draft'. We now DON'T have to go and overpay to get a guy like Cousins who is by no means a guarantee. In fact, no one is, i'd love to have a crystal ball to see 7 years down the line but life doesn't work like that. I agree i'd have Bortles over Cousins as the cap room could be used on the O-Line, keeping Colvin, keeping A-Rob, adding quality depth, we have a roster that needs tweaking here and there.

What i don't get is how after one month, last seasons achievements are prologue and we're back to whatever name is being talked about is pretty good.

With apologies to Carlin, think of the most average person you know.

Half the message board is dumber than that.

The bottom of that group wants McCarran. And they post. A lot.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Chase Daniel and A.J. McCarron?

I understand the want and need by some of the fanbase for an upgrade at QB but if these are the two options we should roll with Bortles on his option next season.

(02-19-2018, 03:50 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 07:25 PM)atburg Wrote: Maybe you should read my prior post ? You know the one where I said I would be pulling for him, just not here!

However, if you could take a moment to stop whining about Alabama......

Here is the scouting report on the guy half of the forum is willing to bet the farm on

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/kirk...id=2532820

Believe it or not, scouting reports are nothing more than opinions.
Who is whining about Alabama?  I'm simply making fun of you Bama homers who see everything through a certain prism.  Looks like the truth stings a bit since you're clearly getting defensive.

My apologies! ! I like Aj, but again not here. I am all in on a draft choice to compete with, or replace Blake depending on his level of 2018 play.

(02-18-2018, 06:55 PM)FBT Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 04:50 PM)atburg Wrote: He does not have a weak arm.

I guess we should just ignore the scouting reports and our eyes then. Accurate thrower but suspect passing velocity.  I believe lack of velocity equates to a less than strong arm.  

Couple that with almost a complete lack of mobility.  How many times did Bortles mobility actually bail the team out of a jam when receivers weren’t getting open and we needed a play? 

Sorry, but I just don’t see how a guy who was compared to Andy Dalton and “Eli Manning lite” is considered an upgrade.  All this will do is swap one flawed quarterback with another, and we’ll be shopping for another replacement next year.  

Bama homers need to pull their heads out of their rears.  This is the NFL, not the SEC.

Not a University of Alabama fan by any means of your imagination. Simply put, I wanted to examine college video of Tom Brady in an effort to detect what it is he has that NFL scouts OBVIOUSLY and INEPTLY failed to observe.

When I found a video of Tom Brady's highlights (as he was a quarterback at the University of Michigan) I began to evaluate him in isolation then in the way I saw him in isolation in relationship to any given play. In short, I tried to read him in the same way a defender might except I was limited to the "TV" angle.

It did not take very long to detect A. J. McCarron is a spitting image of Tom Brady on the field.

I put video of Michigan video of Brady up against Alabama video of McCarron. I even posted the Tom Brady video and more than one person viewed it and came away with 'it reminds me of A. J. McCarron.

Now that we are out in the open about why I advocate bringing in McCarron, I shall try to address concern over the A. J. McCarron 'scouting report'.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/a...id=2543497

Let's examine A. J. McCarron's "weaknesses".

I quote:

WEAKNESSES

Surrounded by an NFL-caliber supporting cast with a very good offensive line that provides a lot of time to dissect the field. Does not have a big-time, vertical arm. Average athlete. Makes occasional bone-headed decisions. Heaves the deep ball and forces receivers to make adjustments. Does not drive the deep out.

I did the board a favor by underscoring the most pressing weakness. 

You can't make this stuff up.

(02-27-2018, 06:25 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 06:55 PM)FBT Wrote: I guess we should just ignore the scouting reports and our eyes then. Accurate thrower but suspect passing velocity.  I believe lack of velocity equates to a less than strong arm.  

Couple that with almost a complete lack of mobility.  How many times did Bortles mobility actually bail the team out of a jam when receivers weren’t getting open and we needed a play? 

Sorry, but I just don’t see how a guy who was compared to Andy Dalton and “Eli Manning lite” is considered an upgrade.  All this will do is swap one flawed quarterback with another, and we’ll be shopping for another replacement next year.  

Bama homers need to pull their heads out of their rears.  This is the NFL, not the SEC.

Not a University of Alabama fan by any means of your imagination. Simply put, I wanted to examine college video of Tom Brady in an effort to detect what it is he has that NFL scouts OBVIOUSLY and INEPTLY failed to observe.

When I found a video of Tom Brady's highlights (as he was a quarterback at the University of Michigan) I began to evaluate him in isolation then in the way I saw him in isolation in relationship to any given play. In short, I tried to read him in the same way a defender might except I was limited to the "TV" angle.

It did not take very long to detect A. J. McCarron is a spitting image of Tom Brady on the field.

I put video of Michigan video of Brady up against Alabama video of McCarron. I even posted the Tom Brady video and more than one person viewed it and came away with 'it reminds me of A. J. McCarron.

Now that we are out in the open about why I advocate bringing in McCarron, I shall try to address concern over the A. J. McCarron 'scouting report'.

I quote:

WEAKNESSES

Surrounded by an NFL-caliber supporting cast with a very good offensive line that provides a lot of time to dissect the field. Does not have a big-time, vertical arm. Average athlete. Makes occasional bone-headed decisions. Heaves the deep ball and forces receivers to make adjustments. Does not drive the deep out.

Aj isn't coming to the jags and he isn't close to Tom Brady. Just stop it.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Why not McCarron?

Well, he doesn't do this...

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...3463b36439

BTW, notice how many different receivers Blake is throwing to in this video.
'02

(02-27-2018, 06:25 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: When I found a video of Tom Brady's highlights (as he was a quarterback at the University of Michigan) I began to evaluate him in isolation then in the way I saw him in isolation in relationship to any given play. In short, I tried to read him in the same way a defender might except I was limited to the "TV" angle.

You sure can't. Buuuwwwwaaaaaa!!!!
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(02-27-2018, 07:16 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Why not McCarron?

Sorry, but jaguars.com videos never play. All I see is....

[Image: 50c8b8919c776a47b0b9393e1ed100a9-1428325365.gif]

(This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 11:12 AM by JUNGLE CAT 2017. Edit Reason: added bold font and underscore )

People said Tom Brady had no arm strength coming out of college.

Tom Brady Pre-draft scouting report:

Positives: Good height to see the field. Very poised and composed. Smart and alert. Can read coverages. Good accuracy and touch. Produces in big spots and in big games. Has some Brian Griese in him and is a gamer. Generally plays within himself. Team leader.

Negatives: Poor build. Very skinny and narrow. Ended the '99 season weighing 195 pounds and still looks like a rail at 211. Looks a little frail and lacks great physical stature and strength. Can get pushed down more easily than you'd like. Lacks mobility and ability to avoid the rush. Lacks a really strong arm. Can't drive the ball down the field and does not throw a really tight spiral. System-type player who can get exposed if he must ad-lib and do things on his own.

Here is Tom Brady v. Alabama

https://youtu.be/qlSsdjNIFdc

I note from the comments:

People saying he had no arm strength coming out of college smh...  He's throwing lasers.

(02-27-2018, 06:25 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-18-2018, 06:55 PM)FBT Wrote: I guess we should just ignore the scouting reports and our eyes then. Accurate thrower but suspect passing velocity.  I believe lack of velocity equates to a less than strong arm.  

I quote:

WEAKNESSES

Tom Brady?  

You're a comedy routine waiting to happen.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(02-27-2018, 11:05 AM)FBT Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 06:25 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Not a University of Alabama fan by any means of your imagination. Simply put, I wanted to examine college video of Tom Brady in an effort to detect what it is he has that NFL scouts OBVIOUSLY and INEPTLY failed to observe.

I quote:

WEAKNESSES

Tom Brady?  

https://youtu.be/lJUt9RP3ghU

(02-27-2018, 11:16 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 11:05 AM)FBT Wrote: Tom Brady?  

https://youtu.be/lJUt9RP3ghU
Now go find clips of Gruden saying one bad thing about anyone.

Bortles isn't so bad that we can just throw any and every QB name out there, and hope something sticks.

(02-27-2018, 10:50 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

I'll have to break it down for you then...

Blake is throwing touchdowns.

'02

(02-27-2018, 10:50 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote:

You need to white list Jaguars.com on your Ad blocker to see the videos (Jaguars.com doesn't have a lot of Ads).

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

(02-27-2018, 05:11 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 10:50 AM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: Sorry, but jaguars.com videos never play. All I see is....

I'll have to break it down for you then...

Blake is throwing touchdowns.

What are these? Chopped liver?

https://youtu.be/o0cHgAmKZvA

(03-01-2018, 05:20 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: What are these? Chopped liver?

Buuuuwwwaaaaaaa!!! Laughing Laughing

Yes, yes it is. Chopped liver I mean.

College highlights compared to actual NFL accomplishments are not a good comparison. Your posts are on the level of absurd.
Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

(03-01-2018, 05:31 PM)Jagwired Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 05:20 PM)JUNGLE CAT 2017 Wrote: What are these? Chopped liver?

Buuuuwwwaaaaaaa!!! Laughing Laughing

Yes, yes it is. Chopped liver I mean.

College highlights compared to actual NFL accomplishments are not a good comparison. Your posts are on the level of absurd.

So they show all 6 of McCarron's career TDs, all of which he had during the same season that Bortles posted 35 TDs. 

'02