Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Favorite TE prospects 2018 (merged)

DId TTR make a new band?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-15-2018, 08:21 PM)chris hill Wrote: Mark Andrews.. 

I watched this guys tape.. The things I seen was this.. He had separation ability plus was making crazy cuts.. Something the other TE don't seem to have.. Goedert just plays slow and has a straight line type of running.. Plus has small.. Hayden Hurst is ok but has nothing like Goedert or Andrews.. Plus another thing is Andrews can block I think..

I love Andrews, because of his big play ability. He isn't the best blocker in the world, but he isn't the worst either. At least he makes an effort to try and block.

I’m starting to think that none of them are that special and that there isn’t much difference between them, so it might be worth waiting until the 2nd or even 3rd round and then seeing who’s around. If I had to pick one I would have said Andrews, because he appears to be a reliable catcher, but doesn’t appear to be the speediest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(02-16-2018, 08:15 AM)Andy G Wrote: I’m starting to think that none of them are that special and that there isn’t much difference between them, so it might be worth waiting until the 2nd or even 3rd round and then seeing who’s around. If I had to pick one I would have said Andrews, because he appears to be a reliable catcher, but doesn’t appear to be the speediest.

I have evaluated each of them by watching game videos. 

I agree with you. They're all sprint TEs. We need an offensive tackle with hands.

Gesicki is my guy. He's going to be an elite pass catching tight end, and a mismatch nightmare.

Rivera option hasn't been picked up so he'll be a FA in March. Looking even more forward to which TE we will draft.

(02-21-2018, 03:25 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Gesicki is my guy. He's going to be an elite pass catching tight end, and a mismatch nightmare.

Watching them he's one that really excites me as a pass catcher, and from what I'm reading it sounds like he'll be able to develop just fine as a blocker. I think the reactions in here to the contrary are overblown.

Here's his highlights...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nneCOB3AQVs
'02

(02-14-2018, 06:07 PM)jaglou53 Wrote: 1. Andrews
2. Hurst
3. Goedert
4. Gesicki

^^^This
'02

(This post was last modified: 03-02-2018, 10:01 AM by Deacon.)

Tight Ends had their weigh in yesterday. For all you Twitter folks, Charles Robinson lists out the measurements for every player. I recommend him as a 'follow'.

I'll list a few of the more prominent ones here:

NOTE: All height/length measurements are given in terms of 8th of an inch. 

Mark Andrews
Height: 6' 5 1/8"
Weight: 256
Hand: 9 4/8"
Arm: 32 4/8"
Wingspan: 77"

Mike Gesicki
Height: 6' 5 4/8"
Weight: 247
Hand: 10 2/8" 
Arm: 34 1/8"
Wingspan: 82 1/8"

Dallas Goedert
Height: 6' 4 5/8"
Hand: 10"
Arm: 34"
Wingspan: 80 1/8"

Hayden Hurst
Height: 6' 4 6/8"
Weight: 250
Hand: 9 6/8"
Arm: 32 6/8"
Wingspan: 76 4/8"

Troy Fumagalli:
Height: 6' 4 4/8"
Hand: Rt 9 3/8" Lt (no Index Finger) 10 2/8"
Arm: 32"
Wingspan: 74 7/8"
I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

Gesicki wins everywhere in measurements, he's also going to win everywhere athletically.

(03-02-2018, 09:27 AM)Deacon Wrote: Tight Ends had their weigh in yesterday. For all you Twitter folks, Charles Robinson lists out the measurements for every player. I recommend him as a 'follow'.

I'll list a few of the more prominent ones here:

NOTE: All height/length measurements are given in terms of 8th of an inch. 

Mark Andrews
Height: 6' 5 1/8"
Hand: 9 4/8"
Arm: 32 4/8"
Wingspan: 77"

Mike Gesicki
Height: 6' 5 4/8"
Hand: 10 2/8" 
Arm: 34 1/8"
Wingspan: 82 1/8"

Dallas Goedert
Height: 6' 4 5/8"
Hand: 10"
Arm: 34"
Wingspan: 80 1/8"

Hayden Hurst
Height: 6' 4 6/8"
Weight: 250
Hand: 9 6/8"
Arm: 32 6/8"
Wingspan: 76 4/8"

Troy Fumagalli:
Height: 6' 4 4/8"
Hand: Rt 9 3/8" Lt (no Index Finger) 10 2/8"
Arm: 32"
Wingspan: 74 7/8"

I love how they all have good size for a TE. Last year something like half the TEs were tiny.

(03-02-2018, 09:58 AM)jessepeck1213 Wrote: Gesicki wins everywhere in measurements, he's also going to win everywhere athletically.

They're all pretty similar exept for wingspan. Dude's wingspan is geSICKi!
'02

I still like Goedert. I watched a bunch on him. Good route running, excellent hands, good blocking capabilities, and one thing I liked is that he invited contact. The guy doesn't shy away from hits but is shifty as well. He looked like the complete package to me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/siriusxmnfl/s...7283896321
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Cool thing about Hurst is that he is old enough to plausibly remember the Jags early AFC championship game runs too, unlike most of the other draftees.

I'm a tad concerned about something Mark Andrews said in his interview. He was saying with his condition that he needs to make sure he hydrates or  he'll cramp up. I'm sure he does just fine monitoring and regulating this for the most part, but in Jacksonville this is a considerable concern because the heat gets to everyone.
'02

(This post was last modified: 03-03-2018, 03:31 PM by JackCity.)

Gesicki just ran a 4.55.

Andrews 4.59

Hurst 4.69

(03-03-2018, 03:31 PM)JackCity Wrote: Gesicki just ran a 4.55.

Andrews 4.59

Hurst 4.69

Most TEs run something like a 4.8 40. Anything under a 4.7 is pretty darn good.

(03-03-2018, 12:54 PM)knarnn Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/siriusxmnfl/s...7283896321

Hayden was also saying that his parents currently live in Jacksonville.
'02

I think Hurst looks great at the combine. Andrews and Gesick too. But Hurst seems to stand out to me. Natural catcher, great hands. Plus he is from JAX. And he gets style points for rocking a pony tail. I'd take him at 29.

Outside the “top four” I was also impressed by Dissly (billed as a blocking TE, but showed good hands) and Ian Thomas (again, good hands).

Andrews was quicker than I expected too.

What happens to Goedert though? Was he not fit to take part today?

Andrews is the most dangerous tight end in the group. He can improve on his blocking at the next level but he has the most talent as a pass catcher.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."