Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL Network 2018 Strength of Schedule

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 05:15 PM by Rockman1966.)

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-videos/0ap...e-for-2018

Jags SOS listed as 25th (#1 hardest schedule/#32 is easiest).

Playoff teams on schedule: 7
Teams with winning records: 8
2017 records of 2018 opponents: .477

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

That's pretty damn easy for a "1st place" schedule
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

That's pretty surprising.

At first glance our schedule looked very difficult.

It’s probably mostly because the Texans and clots had a bad year. I suspect them to be much better than last year as they get healthier.

But these stats don’t really mean anything. Teams change every year as we know.

(This post was last modified: 02-16-2018, 06:07 PM by JackCity.)

Pats
Steelers
Chiefs
Cowboys
Eagles
Titans x2

All tough games. Then you have the Texans who should be much improved. Redskins, Bills, Dolphins, Giants all should be games we win but they are tougher than bottom dwellers.

(02-16-2018, 06:05 PM)JackCity Wrote: Pats
Steelers
Chiefs
Cowboys
Eagles
Titans x2

All tough games. Then you have the Texans who should be much improved. Redskins, Bills, Dolphins all should be games we win but they are tough than bottom dwellers.

Pats in our house wont be tough
we own the steelers
chiefs have a rookie QB calais is hungry
cowboys will be dezless and in a state of chaos
eagles in england we have the advantage
screw the titans we gonna demolish teh tacks

(02-16-2018, 06:08 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 06:05 PM)JackCity Wrote: Pats
Steelers
Chiefs
Cowboys
Eagles
Titans x2

All tough games. Then you have the Texans who should be much improved. Redskins, Bills, Dolphins all should be games we win but they are tough than bottom dwellers.

Pats in our house wont be tough
we own the steelers
chiefs have a rookie QB calais is hungry
cowboys will be dezless and in a state of chaos
eagles in england we have the advantage
screw the titans we gonna demolish teh tacks

"Pats in our house won't be tough"

Yep. Steelers will still be a tough game. 

Chiefs at arrowhead is one of the toughest games in the NFL. 

Dez hasn't been good for awhile. They'll be back on form. 

Eagles will still be a tough game. Even if London helps us out. 

Titans owned our [BLEEP] this year even though they were bad. 

All tough games.

Having a first place schedule doesn’t seem to really affect us that much. We happen to match up well against the Steelers, the Chiefs might actually be an easier game on paper than the Chargers, the Raiders if they get and stay healthy this year or even the Broncos if they find the right QB, and everyone in the division has to play the Pats, at least we get them in Jacksonville. I’m more worried about the tinhorns with Watson, Watt and Mercilus back and the fact that we weren’t able to beat the tacks last year.

Definitely the 'glass half full' way to look at it is that we seemed to play better in the big games against tougher opponents this year, let's hope that continues. Either way, I'm stoked for so many games against traditionally big teams next year. Gonna be a whole lotta national attention on this team, and, with the confidence and attitude this team has, my guess is they will rise to the occasion.

Remember when everyone had us beating the Jets and the Rams last year at this time, and losing to the Steelers?

One can never know how a team is going to be from year to year.
What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

If the team prepares in the offseason and is as upfront physical as it was this year it doesn't matter who is on the other sideline.
No pain, no gain.

The one thing i have come to realize and i thought it was just with the Jags but it seems with all teams. Teams seem to play to the perceived level of competition. We play like crap against teams we should wipe out and play great against the tougher teams. So having more tougher teams and less bottom dwellers i think we play much better this year.

(02-16-2018, 06:08 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Pats in our house wont be tough

I take it you missed the last Patriots at Jaguars game. The Patriots are always tough home or away. 
'02

(02-17-2018, 11:00 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-16-2018, 06:08 PM)JAGFAN88 Wrote: Pats in our house wont be tough

I take it you missed the last Patriots at Jaguars game. The Patriots are always tough home or away. 

Correct if me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that 2012? When we had Mularkey coaching and Henne at QB and still almost beat the patriots at home late in the season when we were playing out the string and they were angling for playoff seeding advantages?

We might go 19-0 with this schedule cake walk city, only tough game is Redskins will probably be a trap game before our Pats or Eagles matchup.

I predict Tom Brady will feel 91 years old after playing the Jaguars in Jacksonville.

Fun offseason fodder to discuss but really doesn't mean anything

(02-17-2018, 11:07 PM)SamusAranX Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 11:00 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I take it you missed the last Patriots at Jaguars game. The Patriots are always tough home or away. 

Correct if me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that 2012? When we had Mularkey coaching and Henne at QB and still almost beat the patriots at home late in the season when we were playing out the string and they were angling for playoff seeding advantages?

Have to double check, but I think they hung 50 on us .

(02-18-2018, 03:32 PM)atburg Wrote:
(02-17-2018, 11:07 PM)SamusAranX Wrote: Correct if me if I’m wrong but wasn’t that 2012? When we had Mularkey coaching and Henne at QB and still almost beat the patriots at home late in the season when we were playing out the string and they were angling for playoff seeding advantages?

Have to double check, but I think they hung 50 on us .

12/23/2012
EverBank Field (Jacksonville, FL)
23-16

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

(02-17-2018, 12:24 AM)Dakota Wrote: Remember when everyone had us beating the Jets and the Rams last year at this time, and losing to the Steelers?

One can never know how a team is going to be from year to year.

Correct. Teams go through drastic changes throughout every off-season.