Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Aside, Which Position Would You Want To See Strengthened This Offseason?

(02-19-2018, 05:56 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Some of you are failing to understand just how difficult it is to play OT in this league. No sixth round OT is going to come in and knock Wells off this roster.

Are you saying it's an impossibility? There are plenty of late round OT's starting in the league right now, much less serving as backup swing Tackles. Nobody is saying the position is easy to play, but there are lots of small school OT's that get overlooked every year and come into the league as late rounders or UDFA's who surprise people with their play.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-19-2018, 09:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 05:56 AM)Jags02 Wrote: Some of you are failing to understand just how difficult it is to play OT in this league. No sixth round OT is going to come in and knock Wells off this roster.

Are you saying it's an impossibility? There are plenty of late round OT's starting in the league right now, much less serving as backup swing Tackles. Nobody is saying the position is easy to play, but there are lots of small school OT's that get overlooked every year and come into the league as late rounders or UDFA's who surprise people with their play.
Can you name a 6th round rookie OT who came in and started?

(02-19-2018, 09:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-19-2018, 09:26 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Are you saying it's an impossibility? There are plenty of late round OT's starting in the league right now, much less serving as backup swing Tackles. Nobody is saying the position is easy to play, but there are lots of small school OT's that get overlooked every year and come into the league as late rounders or UDFA's who surprise people with their play.
Can you name a 6th round rookie OT who came in and started?

I'm sure I could if I looked hard enough, but how does that pertain to us? We have two starting OT's. We just need a solid, backup to be a swing tackle. Hopefully, he wouldn't even need to see the field that much in 2018.

(02-17-2018, 12:38 AM)Dakota Wrote: Pretty straightforward question. The team doesn't have a ton of weaknesses. Overall, for me, it would be interior offensive line and tight end.

I hope they can bring Omemeh back. I think he has done an admirable job here. However, if any of the interior positions can be upgraded, I'm all for it. Linder can always move if a quality center falls into our laps. I also wouldn't be against trying Shatley at center and moving Linder to one of the guard spots. The team played surprisingly well with that lineup last year.

Unlike many here, I am a huge fan of Marcedes Lewis. I see him coming back in 2018, but that being his last year before retiring. Finding a replacement to start grooming wouldn't be a bad idea either.

Aside from that, nickle back could be a hole if Aaron Colvin leaves via FA. That and safety depth  would be a huge plus.

Aside from that, the team seems pretty solid. I think this is the first year ever where if the Jags can keep their free agents, it will be a huge win for the team.

Those are my thoughts on things.

Pretty much along the very same lines as you. Would like to see some upgrades over Cann and potentially Omameh on the interior if he chooses not to return. I also like Lewis and think we should look to maybe find a player to groom behind him at some point in the draft. And if Colvin leaves you're right on that. We will miss him and that now leaves a hole at nickle back.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-20-2018, 02:51 AM by FreeAgent01.)

The starter over Wells at RT was undrafted. Just saying.

In fact, of our last 5 starters at RT, 3 were undrafted (4 if you include Wells), 1 was a 4th rounder, and Luke Joeckel had a cup of coffee there.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!