Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Lamar Jackson or G Isaiah Wynn

(02-21-2018, 08:25 PM)Jags02 Wrote: I thought I'd check out some game tapes on Lamar Jackson. I prefer game tapes over highlights because you see the good and the bad.

This is his game vs Florida State, and it's a must watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_g64bV3ed4

Just watched much of this tape. No doubt, he is a great runner with game-breaking speed. He looks too small to me and I just can't see him holding up as a q.b. in the NFL. I'd be afraid to take him if I was a general manager, but I'm sure some team will like him enough to take him in round 1 or at the top of round 2.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The following is a loss to NC State. I chose this game because he had the most passing attempts (47) of his season and I want to get a good look at him passing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNYnTO2eVjQ
'02

(02-21-2018, 08:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 08:07 PM)knarnn Wrote: Did you see the part about his 12% drop rate? Highest out of all the top rated QBs.

I don't care. Drops are a part of the game. Even with the drops, these QB's should at least hit 60%.

(02-21-2018, 08:16 PM)Cleatwood Wrote: The issue here is that every QB has flaws but yet Jackson is being told he should move to WR. Just because he’s fast?

If the right team gets a hold of him, watch out. If it’s the Jags, how in the world could you stop Jackson and Fournette? We run the option a lot out of shotgun and Jackson would be elite the second he steps in the field.

He’s got things he needs to work on but they all do. Jackson should be in the conversation with all the top QBs.

No, it has nothing to do with him being fast. He struggles with his passes from the pocket and more importantly he is rail thin. If you saw him in his uniform and never saw him play, you'd swear he was a WR or a tall DB. Guys with physiques like this just don't hold up as QB's in the NFL, especially when a big part of their success depends upon them running the ball.
So he should go play WR where he will also get hit and tackled?

(02-21-2018, 09:36 PM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 08:35 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: I don't care. Drops are a part of the game. Even with the drops, these QB's should at least hit 60%.

No, it has nothing to do with him being fast. He struggles with his passes from the pocket and more importantly he is rail thin. If you saw him in his uniform and never saw him play, you'd swear he was a WR or a tall DB. Guys with physiques like this just don't hold up as QB's in the NFL, especially when a big part of their success depends upon them running the ball.
So he should go play WR where he will also get hit and tackled?

Yes. I can't help it. This is how the game is. QB's need to have a solid frame and meat on their bones. WR's are naturally thin. That's just the way it's always been.

He'll be 6'2/6'3 220 at the combine. He avoids more hits than he takes. He never gets hit clean.

It's amazing the excuses people come up with every year. Last year most of y'all were bashing Watson for various reasons.

Some of y'all loved Manziel as an NFL QB too but for some reason not Lamar. V interesting.

I'm starting to buy into Lamar. I'd like to know that he'll have at least one full season to develop before he has to go out there.
'02

(02-21-2018, 09:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: He'll be 6'2/6'3 220 at the combine. He avoids more hits than he takes. He never gets hit clean.  

It's amazing the excuses people come up with every year. Last year most of y'all were bashing Watson for various reasons.

Some of y'all loved Manziel as an NFL QB too but for some reason not Lamar. V interesting.

Not me. I hated Manziel. I don't like any running QB's and Manziel had the body of a 6th grader and the maturity of a Junior in high school. I'm old school. QB's throw and RB's run. If we were going to get a running QB, why did we bother wasting a high draft pick on a RB?

(02-21-2018, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 09:54 PM)JackCity Wrote: He'll be 6'2/6'3 220 at the combine. He avoids more hits than he takes. He never gets hit clean.  

Not me. I hated Manziel. I don't like any running QB's and Manziel had the body of a 6th grader and the maturity of a Junior in high school. I'm old school. QB's throw and RB's run. If we were going to get a running QB, why did we bother wasting a high draft pick on a RB?

Those RBs fakes only work if you have a legit RB to sell them.
'02

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 10:06 PM by JackCity.)

(02-21-2018, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:

Defenses prefer playing QBs who stay in the pocket than QBs who can throw and run. Of course nobody wants to play GOATs like Brady /Manning/Brees even if they stay in the pocket but generally the above is true.

QBs who are mobile are able to make a defense wrong even when they do everything right. Pair that with a great arm and unreal intangibles and you have a terrifying offensive player.

(02-21-2018, 10:04 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not me. I hated Manziel. I don't like any running QB's and Manziel had the body of a 6th grader and the maturity of a Junior in high school. I'm old school. QB's throw and RB's run. If we were going to get a running QB, why did we bother wasting a high draft pick on a RB?

Defenses prefer playing QBs who stay in the pocket than QBs who can throw and run. Of course nobody wants to play GOATs like  Brady /Manning/Brees even if they stay in the pocket but generally the above is true.

QBs who are mobile are able to make a defense wrong even when they do everything right. Pair that with a great arm and unreal intangibles and you have a terrifying offensive player.

You're either talking about some QB other than Jackson or you're really reaching.

If Jackson was built like Cam Newton or Tebow Id be down for Jackson but he isnt even as accurate either and he will be on IR before season end. He is no Vick imo

I'd rather have teddy than jackson
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 10:14 PM by JackCity.)

(02-21-2018, 10:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Jackson was built like Cam Newton or Tebow Id be down for Jackson but he isnt even as accurate either and he will be on IR before season end.  He is no Vick imo

So why did you think Manziel would be a good NFL QB but not Lamar?

(02-21-2018, 10:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:04 PM)JackCity Wrote: Defenses prefer playing QBs who stay in the pocket than QBs who can throw and run. Of course nobody wants to play GOATs like  Brady /Manning/Brees even if they stay in the pocket but generally the above is true.

You're either talking about some QB other than Jackson or you're really reaching.

With a modicum of research you would know this to be true. Very strong arm. Very good leader and completely clean off the field. Everyone raves about his "intangibles"

Manziel was more accurate, not built like a WR, and didnt really on speed.  He would scramble around if nothing was available and turn nothing into something.  Look how good how made Luke Joke look.  Manziel was the better prospect.  He would of been a good pro if he kept his nose clean

Manziel could extend plays like no other

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 10:26 PM by JackCity.)

(02-21-2018, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:

Manziel was more accurate, not built like a WR, and didnt really on speed.  He would scramble around if nothing was available and turn nothing into something.  Look how good how made Luke Joke look.  Manziel was the better prospect.  He would of been a good pro if he kept his nose clean

Lmao Manziel was 6'0 205 lbs in the NFL. Lamar will be 6'2/6'3 220.   

He was for sure more accurate in college. Throwing to pro bowl receiver Mike Evans and behind an all star college line. 

Do you think Tebow was a better QB prospect than Lamar?

(02-21-2018, 10:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Manziel could extend plays like no other

Too small. Would get injured easily. Built like a slot receiver. 

Runs too much.  

Scheme wasn't pro style.

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 10:33 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-21-2018, 10:23 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:14 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Manziel was more accurate, not built like a WR, and didnt really on speed.  He would scramble around if nothing was available and turn nothing into something.  Look how good how made Luke Joke look.  Manziel was the better prospect.  He would of been a good pro if he kept his nose clean

Lmao Manziel was 6'0 205 lbs in the NFL. Lamar will be 6'2/6'3 220.   

He was for sure more accurate in college. Throwing to pro bowl receiver Mike Evans and behind an all star college line. 

(02-21-2018, 10:20 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Manziel could extend plays like no other

Runs too much.  

Scheme wasn't pro style.
Yes Tebow was, Vick, Newton, and Young was also.  Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I dont think Jackson will be a franchise QB

I also think Tebow was a better pro than Jackson will be. I dont think Jackson will carry his team from 1-4 to the playoffs and win a playoff game. Tebow's outspoken relegion beliefs is why he got blackballed from the league

I totally relate to the fear behind running QBs which is what initially turned me off of Lamar, but he really has a great feel for it. In the NFL he won't find as much room, but I still see him developing a feel for the game at the next level and doing what it takes to keep drives alive often with his feet. That said, his frame is a slight concern. I think back to David Garrard and Steve McNair as running qbs, but they both had a thicker frame.

As a passer, he's actually not as bad as I thought he would be now that I've watched some game tapes. He does prefer guys to be wide open though and would rather run than risk throwing into tight coverage.
'02

(02-21-2018, 10:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lmao Manziel was 6'0 205 lbs in the NFL. Lamar will be 6'2/6'3 220.   

Runs too much.  

Scheme wasn't pro style.
Yes Tebow was, Vick, Newton, and Young was also.  Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I dont think Jackson will be a franchise QB

I also think Tebow was a better pro than Jackson will be.  I dont think Jackson will carry his team from 1-4 to the playoffs and win a playoff game.  Tebow's outspoken relegion beliefs is why he got blackballed from the league
HAHAHAHAAHA this is too easy. 

Tebow completed 46% of his passes in his only year as a starter. He was an awful NFL QB that had a few fun games.   

He doesn't play because he stinks.  

Tebow and Manziel better QBs than Lamar. 

Close thread.

(02-21-2018, 10:44 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:29 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes Tebow was, Vick, Newton, and Young was also.  Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I dont think Jackson will be a franchise QB

I also think Tebow was a better pro than Jackson will be.  I dont think Jackson will carry his team from 1-4 to the playoffs and win a playoff game.  Tebow's outspoken relegion beliefs is why he got blackballed from the league
HAHAHAHAAHA this is too easy. 

Tebow completed 46% of his passes in his only year as a starter. He was an awful NFL QB that had a few fun games.   

He doesn't play because he stinks.  

Tebow and Manziel better QBs than Lamar. 

Close thread.

Talk to me when Jackson has over 300 yards passing in a win in a playoff game