Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Lamar Jackson or G Isaiah Wynn

(02-21-2018, 10:12 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:08 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: If Jackson was built like Cam Newton or Tebow Id be down for Jackson but he isnt even as accurate either and he will be on IR before season end.  He is no Vick imo

So why did you think Manziel would be a good NFL QB but not Lamar?

(02-21-2018, 10:07 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: You're either talking about some QB other than Jackson or you're really reaching.

With a modicum of research you would know this to be true. Very strong arm. Very good leader and completely clean off the field. Everyone raves about his "intangibles"

It’s no use man. His mind is already made up.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 11:11 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-21-2018, 10:04 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 09:59 PM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Not me. I hated Manziel. I don't like any running QB's and Manziel had the body of a 6th grader and the maturity of a Junior in high school. I'm old school. QB's throw and RB's run. If we were going to get a running QB, why did we bother wasting a high draft pick on a RB?

Defenses prefer playing QBs who stay in the pocket than QBs who can throw and run. Of course nobody wants to play GOATs like  Brady /Manning/Brees even if they stay in the pocket but generally the above is true.

QBs who are mobile are able to make a defense wrong even when they do everything right. Pair that with a great arm and unreal intangibles and you have a terrifying offensive player.

lol, just seen this

I think I have finally come to the conclusion on Jackson. After all the info I have received in this thread about Lamar Jackson, Jackson is a lock to go to the Browns with the first overall pick. Case closed

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 11:18 PM by knarnn.)

(02-21-2018, 10:29 PM)You flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:23 PM)JackCity Wrote: Lmao Manziel was 6'0 205 lbs in the NFL. Lamar will be 6'2/6'3 220.   

He was for sure more accurate in college. Throwing to pro bowl receiver Mike Evans and behind an all star college line. 

Do you think Tebow was a better QB prospect than Lamar?

Too small. Would get injured easily. Built like a slot receiver. 

Runs too much.  

Scheme wasn't pro style.
Yes Tebow was, Vick, Newton, and Young was also.  Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I dont think Jackson will be a franchise QB

I also think Tebow was a better pro than Jackson will be.  I dont think Jackson will carry his team from 1-4 to the playoffs and win a playoff game.  Tebow's outspoken relegion beliefs is why he got blackballed from the league

Yeah, I can’t let you slide that easy. You know who else is a huge Christian? The guy who’s about to get the biggest free agent QB contract in history. Doesn’t seem to be hurting him any. Tebow rode a great defense and the team won in spite of him. LJ has been carrying Louisville since he arrived on campus. I expect that to carry over in the big leagues.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 11:26 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

(02-21-2018, 11:17 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:29 PM)You flgatorsandjags Wrote: Yes Tebow was, Vick, Newton, and Young was also.  Sorry if it hurts your feelings that I dont think Jackson will be a franchise QB

I also think Tebow was a better pro than Jackson will be.  I dont think Jackson will carry his team from 1-4 to the playoffs and win a playoff game.  Tebow's outspoken relegion beliefs is why he got blackballed from the league

Yeah, I can’t let you slide that easy. You know who else is a huge Christian? The guy who’s about to get the biggest free agent QB contract in history. Doesn’t seem to be hurting him any. Tebow rode a great defense and the team won in spite of him. LJ has been carrying Louisville since he arrived on campus. I expect that to carry over in the big leagues.

Nobody is outspoken as Tebow was, not to mention the circuse.  Teams didnt like that.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000...coach-says

The Broncos team was 1-4 when Tebow took over and he was a big part of their playoff push.  Talk to me when Jackson has over 300 yards passing in a playoff game in a playoff win. Where did LJ carry Louisville to? They were better with Teddy. Tebow carried the Gators to Championships

(This post was last modified: 02-21-2018, 11:38 PM by JackCity.)

(02-21-2018, 10:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: HAHAHAHAAHA this is too easy. 

Tebow completed 46% of his passes in his only year as a starter. He was an awful NFL QB that had a few fun games.   

He doesn't play because he stinks.  

Tebow and Manziel better QBs than Lamar. 

Close thread.

Talk to me when Jackson has over 300 yards passing in a win in a playoff game

In Chad Henne's worst year in the NFL he had a higher completion % and QB rating than Tebow.

(02-21-2018, 11:02 PM)knarnn Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:12 PM)JackCity Wrote: So why did you think Manziel would be a good NFL QB but not Lamar?

With a modicum of research you would know this to be true. Very strong arm. Very good leader and completely clean off the field. Everyone raves about his "intangibles"

It’s no use man. His mind is already made up.

Yeah it's like talking to a brick wall. Entertaining though. I'll enjoy trolling this thread over the years.

Flgators I value you as a poster but the Tebow and Manziel love renders your opinion on QBs invalid for the time being. Sorry.

I was one of the guys that liked Manziel. I was wrong. If not for Fournette, I wouldn't much care for Jackson. But the both of them in the backfield together would make each other so much more dangerous. Just the threat of Jackson keeping the ball could make Fournette more productive. Of course, you'd have to let Jackson keep the ball several times per game to be effective. So, I wouldn't mind if the Jackson pick if he fell to us at #29. Let Henne go and have him sit the year and learn behind Blake. If Blake regresses in 2018, then we have Jackson and free up cap space. If we don't go QB.....then I'd like to see a guard and TE in the first 2 rounds.

(02-21-2018, 07:51 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 03:37 AM)Upper Wrote: Pro-style offense =/= taking snaps under center...which is what I think you are trying to say. Heavy shotgun is the norm for most teams now.

Louisville's offense had Lamar doing more complex route concepts, pre snap reads, and audibling/adjusting than the other QBs. Almost every evaluator you read will say that.
Nothing like the way Louisville does it.  What NFL teams run their offense the way that the Cards do with Jackson?  Car. Is the only team thats even close.  He has even stated that he changed his offense to fit what Jackson can do best, which is run.  The only thing pre snap Jackson really does is decide if he wants to take off and run the ball.  Watch a Louisville game, if that looks like a pro style offense to you I don't know what to say.  The offense he runs in college will never work for him.  He would be on IR by mid season, he doesn't have the body type like a Cam Newton or a Tebow, won't be able to take that many hits

His very first pass attempt of the season he sees the double blitz coming up the middle, calls the line adjustment and hits the quick seam to the slot for the first down.

https://twitter.com/NFLFilmStudy/status/...5415062528

Sorry, but Blake still ain't doing that after 4 seasons.

(02-21-2018, 10:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:44 PM)JackCity Wrote: HAHAHAHAAHA this is too easy. 

Tebow completed 46% of his passes in his only year as a starter. He was an awful NFL QB that had a few fun games.   

He doesn't play because he stinks.  

Tebow and Manziel better QBs than Lamar. 

Close thread.

Talk to me when Jackson has over 300 yards passing in a win in a playoff game
This is always the comeback.

How about Sanchez going to back to back AFC title games? How come he's not a starter anymore? Lamar is twice the QB Tebow was. And your argument about Tebow being too outspoken? Wentz is very outspoken and the Super Bowl MVP is as well. In the NFL, no one cares which religion you preach as long as you produce. Tebow couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

(02-22-2018, 09:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-21-2018, 10:55 PM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Talk to me when Jackson has over 300 yards passing in a win in a playoff game
This is always the comeback.

How about Sanchez going to back to back AFC title games? How come he's not a starter anymore? Lamar is twice the QB Tebow was. And your argument about Tebow being too outspoken? Wentz is very outspoken and the Super Bowl MVP is as well. In the NFL, no one cares which religion you preach as long as you produce. Tebow couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.
Sanchez was always garbage and wasn't even a good college QB.  I have already said why Tebow isn't in the league anymore and Wentz didn't even play in the SB.  Jackson has never been the player Tebow is or was and I don't see him having more success in the pros either.

(02-22-2018, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 09:53 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: This is always the comeback.

Sanchez was always garbage and wasn't even a good college QB.  I have already said why Tebow isn't in the league anymore and Wentz didn't even play in the SB.  Jackson has never been the player Tebow is or was and I don't see him having more success in the pros either.
And Tebow has always been garbage in the NFL. Tebow was good in college but Lamar was better.

I think Jackson could do well in the Jags system with the playbook tailored to suit his strengths a bit.

I do not think he could take half of the punishment that Bortles takes without spending real time on the bench.
I wouldn't hate seeing him drafted and developed (and bulked up a bit) but I'm not sure it's the wisest course of action for the Jags right now. He's an exciting prospect to be sure. Not over the moon about the risk involved though.

Jackson would not be touched because he has great speed at the QB position. We need to draft him.

I personally would love Jackson at 29 but I just get the feeling that Coughlin wouldn’t sign off on him as our pick.

(02-22-2018, 11:10 AM)Cleatwood Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 10:16 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote: Sanchez was always garbage and wasn't even a good college QB.  I have already said why Tebow isn't in the league anymore and Wentz didn't even play in the SB.  Jackson has never been the player Tebow is or was and I don't see him having more success in the pros either.
And Tebow has always been garbage in the NFL. Tebow was good in college but Lamar was better.

Lol

(02-23-2018, 01:17 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I personally would love Jackson at 29 but I just get the feeling that Coughlin wouldn’t sign off on him as our pick.

Don't forget that it was Coughlin who drafted David Garrard.
'02

(02-23-2018, 05:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 01:17 PM)HolsterHusto Wrote: I personally would love Jackson at 29 but I just get the feeling that Coughlin wouldn’t sign off on him as our pick.

Don't forget that it was Coughlin who drafted David Garrard.

Two entirely different types of QB's. Garrard ran half as much as Jackson did in college.

(02-24-2018, 02:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 05:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Don't forget that it was Coughlin who drafted David Garrard.

Two entirely different types of QB's. Garrard ran half as much as Jackson did in college.

Was thinking the same thing.  Garrard was more accurate too

(This post was last modified: 02-24-2018, 04:54 PM by knarnn.)

(02-24-2018, 02:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 05:28 PM)Jags02 Wrote: Don't forget that it was Coughlin who drafted David Garrard.

Jackson also threw for as many yards in one less year than Garrard.

(02-24-2018, 11:41 AM)flgatorsandjags Wrote:
(02-24-2018, 02:51 AM)TheO-LineMatters Wrote: Two entirely different types of QB's. Garrard ran half as much as Jackson did in college.

Was thinking the same thing.  Garrard was more accurate too

You should probably check your stats before making false claims.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla...ard-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/pla...son-1.html

Give me Mason Rudolph. If he’s gone give me James Washington or Wynn.

(02-24-2018, 11:24 PM)JAXsonVIL Wrote: Give me Mason Rudolph. If he’s gone give me James Washington or Wynn.

I really don't see us going WR early.
'02