Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Online Live TV service?

(01-08-2019, 05:08 PM)Jags Wrote: Check out the nighthawks by netgear.  Those are pretty good. I have one and have gigabit internet.   Pretty much I get speeds as fast as whatever device I’m using can handle.  But that 250Mb sure isn’t anything to sneeze at either.  Nighthawk will serv you well.

What internet service do you have and how much does it cost?  I'm seeing with Xfinity that I would need a router and modem or a router/modem combo.  The 250Mb will cost me $89 + $13 for their modem if I rent it on a monthly basis.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(01-09-2019, 11:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 05:08 PM)Jags Wrote: Check out the nighthawks by netgear.  Those are pretty good. I have one and have gigabit internet.   Pretty much I get speeds as fast as whatever device I’m using can handle.  But that 250Mb sure isn’t anything to sneeze at either.  Nighthawk will serv you well.

What internet service do you have and how much does it cost?  I'm seeing with Xfinity that I would need a router and modem or a router/modem combo.  The 250Mb will cost me $89 + $13 for their modem if I rent it on a monthly basis.

I have att gigafiber.  As soon as they were done digging up the neighborhood, I kept checking their site to see if I could get it installed.  Since I did it right away and they were pushing it hard in my area, I’m at exactly 90.00/mo for as long as I keep it.  I didn’t really believe it but it’s been about 2 years or more and it still only costs 90.00.  Which is $5 more than what I was paying Comcast/xfinity for 75mps.  They were good as far as giving me the speeds.  All speed tests done they gave me 80+.   But now, it is between 700-830mb up and down!  I highly recommend it if it’s available to you.  That is if they haven’t greatly jacked the price up.

I highly recommend Playstation Vue using an Amazon4kTV firestick. I did this a little over a year ago and haven't even thought for a second of going back to cable.

(01-09-2019, 05:13 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 11:10 AM)HURRICANE!!! Wrote: What internet service do you have and how much does it cost?  I'm seeing with Xfinity that I would need a router and modem or a router/modem combo.  The 250Mb will cost me $89 + $13 for their modem if I rent it on a monthly basis.

I have att gigafiber.  As soon as they were done digging up the neighborhood, I kept checking their site to see if I could get it installed.  Since I did it right away and they were pushing it hard in my area, I’m at exactly 90.00/mo for as long as I keep it.  I didn’t really believe it but it’s been about 2 years or more and it still only costs 90.00.  Which is $5 more than what I was paying Comcast/xfinity for 75mps.  They were good as far as giving me the speeds.  All speed tests done they gave me 80+.   But now, it is between 700-830mb up and down!  I highly recommend it if it’s available to you.  That is if they haven’t greatly jacked the price up.

My ZIP still gets 5Mb for $50/m.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(This post was last modified: 01-10-2019, 01:32 PM by EricC85.)

Update we cancelled dirtecttv I tried all 3 YouTube tv Hulu live and slingbox, all three have there advtages. Right now I'm sticking with Hulu becuase it gives me the history channel and I love Vikings. Once the seasons over I'll switch to the cheaper slingbox. Kick myslef for not doing this earlier I'm easily saving $100+ a month

(01-10-2019, 01:32 PM)EricC85 Wrote: Update we cancelled dirtecttv I tried all 3 YouTube tv Hulu live and slingbox, all three have their advantages. Right now I'm sticking with Hulu becuase it gives me the history channel and I love Vikings. Once the seasons over I'll switch to the cheaper slingbox. Kick myslef for not doing this earlier I'm easily saving $100+ a month

[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]

(01-10-2019, 10:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I highly recommend Playstation Vue using an Amazon4kTV firestick. I did this a little over a year ago and haven't even thought for a second of going back to cable.

I second this.  I've been using Playstation Vue on the Amazon Fire TV box for a couple of years with no problems.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(01-10-2019, 03:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 10:43 AM)Cleatwood Wrote: I highly recommend Playstation Vue using an Amazon4kTV firestick. I did this a little over a year ago and haven't even thought for a second of going back to cable.

I second this.  I've been using Playstation Vue on the Amazon Fire TV box for a couple of years with no problems.

I third this.  I don’t use it but I’ve done the free trial a couple of times.  I was pretty impressed with it.  I decided not to cut the cord.  I found it too convenient having Dish since we’ve had them for 14 years.  But if I ever decide to, I’m definitely doing the PS Vue.

I like YouTube tv but also have Hulu and Netflix along with xfinity for internet. Get your own modem I just use a newer Motorola surfboard and have a mesh router to cover house. Works well. I like the unlimited CLOUD dvr from you tube tv. Don't have speed issues at all mostly. Modem was like 50 bucks 60 at most.

(01-10-2019, 05:17 PM)Jags Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 03:05 PM)jagibelieve Wrote: I second this.  I've been using Playstation Vue on the Amazon Fire TV box for a couple of years with no problems.

I third this.  I don’t use it but I’ve done the free trial a couple of times.  I was pretty impressed with it.  I decided not to cut the cord.  I found it too convenient having Dish since we’ve had them for 14 years.  But if I ever decide to, I’m definitely doing the PS Vue.
You will feel liberated if you finally cut the cord. I promise you that.