Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Austin Seferian-Jenkins

(02-20-2018, 05:58 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
(02-20-2018, 05:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Rivera is so good the Jags released him as soon as they could.  A team desperate for TE help didn't even want him in camp...

Where are you seeing that the Jaguars released him?

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/article/sp...-521043896

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2018, 03:02 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-20-2018, 05:24 PM)JackCity Wrote: Rivera is so good the Jags released him as soon as they could.  A team desperate for TE help didn't even want him in camp...

Where did you see or how do you know the team is desperate for TE help? Maybe they're content with Lewis, Koyack & O'Shaugnessy. Again, I don't understand where all of this love for the TE position is coming from. They had a pass catching athlete at the position in Julius Thomas and traded him away during the off-season last year. 

Maybe this system doesn't call for a pass catching threat at the TE position.

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(This post was last modified: 02-22-2018, 03:26 PM by Monty.)

(02-22-2018, 03:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote: Where did you see or how do you know the team is desperate for TE help? Maybe they're content with Lewis, Koyack & O'Shaugnessy. Again, I don't understand where all of this love for the TE position is coming from. They had a pass catching athlete at the position in Julius Thomas and traded him away during the off-season last year. 

They let Thomas go because it was clear he signed his contact for the money not to actually play.
Huh

(02-22-2018, 03:01 PM)Caldrac Wrote:

Where did you see or how do you know the team is desperate for TE help? Maybe they're content with Lewis, Koyack & O'Shaugnessy. Again, I don't understand where all of this love for the TE position is coming from. They had a pass catching athlete at the position in Julius Thomas and traded him away during the off-season last year. 

Because our TE group is the worst in the league. 

We signed Thomas to be a weapon in the pass game. Gave him a huge deal.  

He ended up being overweight, injury prone and was diabolical at blocking so we got rid of him.  

The system Hackett runs absolutely could do with a great pass catching TE. In fact every offensive system could.

Then the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Not utilizing the TE position in the passing game would be a mistake. 

I bet we see them draft a TE that skillset using one of their first four picks.

(This post was last modified: 02-23-2018, 05:10 PM by Caldrac.)

(02-22-2018, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote:

Then the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Not utilizing the TE position in the passing game would be a mistake. 

Maybe my definition of a pass catching threat varies. I see players like Gronkowski, Kelce, Olson and Reed (When healthy) as a prominent pass catching threat where they're consistently racking up wide receiver like numbers and stretching the field. I don't think you need a guy of that caliber in this offense if you maximize the running game and retain Robinson on the outside. 

Between the coverage he should command and the respect Fournette will command you don't need a freak athlete at TE. Just a guy that can work the middle of a field and sell the blocking when needed. If they take one with their first four picks it wouldn't be a surprise (as long as it's not at 29). I just don't see them reaching on the position on day one and definitely not in round two.
[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

(02-23-2018, 05:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Then the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Not utilizing the TE position in the passing game would be a mistake. 

Maybe my definition of a pass catching threat varies. I see players like Gronkowski, Kelce, Olson and Reed (When healthy) as a prominent pass catching threat where they're consistently racking up wide receiver like numbers and stretching the field. I don't think you need a guy of that caliber in this offense if you maximize the running game and retain Robinson on the outside. 

Between the coverage he should command and the respect Fournette will command you don't need a freak athlete at TE. Just a guy that can work the middle of a field and sell the blocking when needed. If they take one with their first four picks it wouldn't be a surprise (as long as it's not at 29). I just don't see them reaching on the position on day one and definitely not in round two.

You're mentioning the games elite TEs, and I agree we don't need an elite TE. We need a good one tho without breaking the bank. I'm looking at Seferian-Jenkins here along with Tyler Eifert as possibilities to sign for less than $6 mil per year. 
'02

(02-23-2018, 05:09 PM)Caldrac Wrote:
(02-22-2018, 05:56 PM)NYC4jags Wrote: Then the system is broken and needs to be fixed. Not utilizing the TE position in the passing game would be a mistake. 

Yeah they are all elite receiving threats as TEs.   

We just need a good receiving TE who can threaten the seams, work the middle as you said, provide a big target/safety net for the QB and be a redzone threat. So far we don't have one of them. It's pretty clear we have a big need for a TE.

I am in the minority. I like the young guys on the roster in Koyack and O'Shaughnessy, behind Lewis. Sure, I would like an upgrade, but I feel confident these guys will continue to develop if given more playing time.