Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NRA gets OWNED

Wait.... U mean a company did this on their own accord without federal bullying?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(02-28-2018, 11:08 AM)TJBender Wrote: Dick's Sporting Goods just announced that they will stop selling firearms to anyone under 21, and will cease sales of high-powered assault style rifles.

Another shoe drops

(02-28-2018, 07:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You're getting the fight on the field you selected. You took the colleges and the press and Hollywood without opposition. I'm glad someone finally decided that a refusal to fight the culture war is the same as surrender. Millions of us dont want to fight, we're opposed to politicizing commerce, but when your side has no compunction against doing so...well, game on.

So what are your thoughts on Hobby Lobby politicizing commerce?

Dick's has been irrelevant for years even after Sports Authority filed for bankruptcy. That shoe you heard drop was another business will go bankrupt for playing politics. This move is mere grandstanding and if anyone cares, will get them sued for civil rights infringement unless they chose to not sell guns at all. You are now discriminating 18-20 year olds that can legally own a rifle under federal and current state law.
[Image: Ben-Roethlisberger_Lerentee-McCary-Sack_...ayoffs.jpg]

(02-28-2018, 11:08 AM)TJBender Wrote: Dick's Sporting Goods just announced that they will stop selling firearms to anyone under 21, and will cease sales of high-powered assault style rifles.

Another shoe drops

(02-28-2018, 07:13 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: You're getting the fight on the field you selected. You took the colleges and the press and Hollywood without opposition. I'm glad someone finally decided that a refusal to fight the culture war is the same as surrender. Millions of us dont want to fight, we're opposed to politicizing commerce, but when your side has no compunction against doing so...well, game on.

Hobby Lobby was opposed to legislation that was being forced on them to provide a service they didn't want to. There's nothing wrong with that. 

In this instance I don't care if Dick's doesn't want to sell the rifle to a 19 year old, but I am opposed to them being forced to refuse the sale. Funny how it's all good to force a baker to bake a gay wedding cake and force a sporting good store to not sell a rifle all based on your politics. I'd rather the store just got to make up their own minds about how they do business, but that's because I'm an actual Libertarian.

I don't really care if Delta does or doesn't get their tax exemption either, I just enjoy the left getting a taste their own playbook.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Another shoe drops

I'll let you in on a little secret, snowflake.  Dick's Sporting Goods stopped selling modern sporting rifles (aka "high-powered assault style" rifles) after the Sandy Hook shooting.  This new news release is just an advertising gimmick.

I'm too lazy to check, but I'm willing to bet that they still sell a high-powered semi-automatic rifle much like my hunting rifle (Springfield semi-automatic 30-06).  The AR-15 is NOT a "high-powered" rifle at all, but I wouldn't expect a liberal snowflake like you to understand that.

The only differences between my 30-06 and my AR-15 are that my 30-06 doesn't have the "scary black stock and pistol grip", rather it has a traditional wood stock.  The other major difference between them is that my "scary looking" AR-15 won't take down a bear with 1 shot whereas my ACTUAL high-powered semi-automatic 30-06 will.

Liberals and Tide pod eating snowflakes like you are ignorant regarding firearms and do nothing but parrot the same "high-powered" and "assault style" stuff that the left wing media wrongly puts out.

I do appreciate the magazines and "goodies" that I get from the NRA.  I may have to look into converting my membership into a lifetime membership.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(02-28-2018, 08:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Another shoe drops

I'll let you in on a little secret, snowflake.  Dick's Sporting Goods stopped selling modern sporting rifles (aka "high-powered assault style" rifles) after the Sandy Hook shooting.  This new news release is just an advertising gimmick.

I'm too lazy to check, but I'm willing to bet that they still sell a high-powered semi-automatic rifle much like my hunting rifle (Springfield semi-automatic 30-06).  The AR-15 is NOT a "high-powered" rifle at all, but I wouldn't expect a liberal snowflake like you to understand that.

The only differences between my 30-06 and my AR-15 are that my 30-06 doesn't have the "scary black stock and pistol grip", rather it has a traditional wood stock.  The other major difference between them is that my "scary looking" AR-15 won't take down a bear with 1 shot whereas my ACTUAL high-powered semi-automatic 30-06 will.

Liberals and Tide pod eating snowflakes like you are ignorant regarding firearms and do nothing but parrot the same "high-powered" and "assault style" stuff that the left wing media wrongly puts out.

I do appreciate the magazines and "goodies" that I get from the NRA.  I may have to look into converting my membership into a lifetime membership.
Tide pods taste good.

Also, have you actually shot a bear?!

(02-28-2018, 08:31 PM)jagibelieve Wrote:

Another shoe drops

I'm in Cincinnati this week.  The local news did confirm that Dick's will still be selling semi automatic weapons.  They just won't be "scary" semi automatic weapons.
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

So a teacher fired a shot in Georgia?
Ok how about everyone gets homeschooled and has a gun.??

Must have guns everywhere #safety.

Do you guys keep lotion and paper towels handy when you talk about guns?

What's the recoil of an AR-15 vs. 30-06?

Can a 30-06 be fitted with multi-round magazines with a capacity matching an AR-15?

Does 30-06 ammunition "tumble" like .223 bullets, thus causing more widespread damage to human flesh?

Can a 30-06 be as easily fired braced against the hip as an AR-15, and thus easier to stabilize when shooting multiple targets, especially when considering the recoil (see question 2)?

Can a 30-06 be easily customized with a forward hand grip or a carry handle?

Does the pistol grip on an AR-15 actually give it an advantage beyond looking cool?

Could the Parkland shooter have killed as many as easily with a 30-06 as he did with an AR-15?

My nephew, a Naval officer and certainly no snowflake, cited these feature when explaining why AR-15s are a more effective and efficient weapon to use by relatively untrained mass shooters than weapons like a 30-06.
If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

(02-28-2018, 10:15 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Do you guys keep lotion and paper towels handy when you talk about guns?

Can a 30-06 be fitted with multi-round magazines with a capacity matching an AR-15?

Does 30-06 ammunition "tumble" like .223 bullets, thus causing more widespread damage to human flesh?

Can a 30-06 be as easily fired braced against the hip as an AR-15, and thus easier to stabilize when shooting multiple targets, especially when considering the recoil (see question 2)?

Does the pistol grip on an AR-15 actually give it an advantage beyond looking cool?

Could the Parkland shooter have killed as many as easily with a 30-06 as he did with an AR-15?

My nephew, a Naval officer and certainly no snowflake, cited these feature when explaining why AR-15s are a more effective and efficient weapon to use by relatively untrained mass shooters than weapons like a 30-06.

And every answer irrelevant. And masturbation jokes? Really? Sophomoric, even by my low standards.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

(02-28-2018, 10:15 PM)rollerjag Wrote: Do you guys keep lotion and paper towels handy when you talk about guns?

To answer your questions.

The recoil on an AR-15 is minimal, especially when compared to a 30-06.

30-06 ammunition for the most part doesn't "tumble".  .223 bullets will "tumble" since they aren't "high powered".  This doesn't happen at "close" range (less than 50 yards) or maybe more depending on conditions.

A 30-06 could be fired from the hip, but I wouldn't recommend it.  Also shooting a rifle in that manner defeats the purpose of the weapon.

A 30-06 can be customized just as much as you want.  I'm not sure what you mean by "forward grip" since a rifle is shot by holding up the forward part of the stock.  If the "scary black" portion of a sporting rifle is considered a "grip" I suppose that a 30-06 could be fitted with one.  I'm also not sure what you mean by "carry handle".  I would never carry a rifle by the barrel personally.

The pistol grip on any gun isn't there for aesthetics, it's there to make the gun more comfortable to shoot.  I personally like it because it gives me a little more control.  I don't have a pistol grip on my 30-06, but my shotgun does have one.

Regarding your question about the Parkland shooter, it depends on his skill level.

The bottom line here is it's not the tool chosen by the killer, it's the mental state.  I and many of my friends own firearms of different makes/models and we use them in a responsible and safe manner.  Just last weekend I had a friend over on my property bring a couple of firearms to shoot and we had fun shooting at beer cans and fruit just to see what they would do.  A couple of the firearms were what the uneducated left calls "assault weapons".  Nobody got killed or hurt and we are all responsible members of the NRA and all have a CWP.

The laws that these gun activists are pushing would deny me and my friends from doing something that we enjoy.

It's not the guns...  It's the mental health of those that get them legally.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 12:14 AM by B2hibry.)

- Yes, to relieve the chafing and tears of the left.
- AR15 has recoil slightly above that of a .22 thanks to large buffer spring and low powered round.
- Yes
- All ammunition has a maximum effective range and will eventually tumble. FYI, all bullets will win when up against flesh.
- Firing from the hip is as effective as those gang members in movies side shooting handguns. No stabilization or accuracy.
- Numerous types of furniture available to customize all types of rifles.
- Forward grip is gimmicky like bump stocks but can be stabilizing. Carry handles went out with Vietnam and are as the name applies.
- He could have killed more with a shotgun or handgun.
- Your nephew sounds like your typical clueless squid officer.

(02-28-2018, 11:56 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote:

Another shoe drops

Hobby Lobby was opposed to legislation that was being forced on them to provide a service they didn't want to. There's nothing wrong with that. 

In this instance I don't care if Dick's doesn't want to sell the rifle to a 19 year old, but I am opposed to them being forced to refuse the sale. Funny how it's all good to force a baker to bake a gay wedding cake and force a sporting good store to not sell a rifle all based on your politics. I'd rather the store just got to make up their own minds about how they do business, but that's because I'm an actual Libertarian.

I don't really care if Delta does or doesn't get their tax exemption either, I just enjoy the left getting a taste their own playbook.

The hypocrisy of the left on this matter is comical. They cheer Dick's decision to refuse sale of a product based on age while deriding the baker's for refusing to sell a product based on sexual orientation. I can't imagine Dick's and Walmart not being sued over this. And for the record, this libertarian says both parties should be able to refuse sale to whomever they want, for whatever reason they want.

(02-26-2018, 05:05 PM)rollerjag Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 02:50 PM)Sneakers Wrote: What makes this so difficult to understand?

What makes my point, irrelevant to your edit, so difficult to understand? The main reason restrictive gun laws do not work in, say, Chicago is because the gun laws in nearby Indiana are permissive.

They may find some other weapon, but not one with multiple target lethal capability from a distance.

actually what makes restrictive gun laws in Chicago not work, is people who have no intention of following the law(s) of Chicago, the State of Il., or the Federal law(s)...Having lived very close to Chicago at one time, I would venture to guess the majority of guns reside with gang members, and general people who rob and steal from others as a way of life...These kinds of people will never follow the letter of the law no matter what laws get passed...The old saying is if you outlaw guns, only the outlaws will have guns and that's pretty much the case in Chicago...It's not the regular people who work every day causing the gun violence, it's the people who are criminals and thugs

No one wants to admit that the strongest gun laws exist in predominantly black cities simply because the left doesn't trust blacks to own guns. Sad that honest law-abiding black folks end up the victims of criminals because they've been disarmed by those who use them as political props and voting patsies.

(03-01-2018, 08:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No one wants to admit that the strongest gun laws exist in predominantly black cities simply because the left doesn't trust blacks to own guns. Sad that honest law-abiding black folks end up the victims of criminals because they've been disarmed by those who use them as political props and voting patsies.

Careful. I posted on the history of this the other day and some admin got offended with that period in American history. It was not a shining example of equality. It can be deleted and ignored all they want, but it is that ignorance that makes this country doomed to repeat it. 

How society reacts to things nowadays...
[Image: aDDKTJF.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 03-01-2018, 11:17 AM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

(03-01-2018, 08:23 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: No one wants to admit that the strongest gun laws exist in predominantly black cities simply because the left doesn't trust blacks to own guns. Sad that honest law-abiding black folks end up the victims of criminals because they've been disarmed by those who use them as political props and voting patsies.

False.

The reason why black on black crime involving gun violence is a issue because there is a flood of illegal weapons on the streets via drug trade. 

Illegal purchases of illegal weapons leads to increased cashe of illegal weapons on the streets.

Some of the terrorist who have committed these mass shooting also grew a disturbing fascination with these type of guns and their capabilities.
Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(03-01-2018, 11:14 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:

False.

The reason why black on black crime involving gun violence is a issue because there is a flood of illegal weapons on the streets via drug trade. 

Illegal purchases of illegal weapons leads to increased cashe of illegal weapons on the streets.

Some of the terrorist who have committed these mass shooting also grew a disturbing fascination with these type of guns and their capabilities.
Imagine that...Law abiding citizens at the mercy of those habitual lawbreakers with no ability to protect themselves. No worries, the government has your back, so ban all guns! That will teach those pesky gang members a lesson. 

Be careful throwing around the term "terrorist" so loosely. Your comrades in Syria like to water down that term as well, so that they may lump all not meeting their agenda, nor are approving of their opinions. Perfect for gaining reason for their annihilation.

(03-01-2018, 11:14 AM)Jamies_fried_chicken Wrote:

False.

Man, how did I know you'd be the first to jump in here to defend them? I'd think that you of all people would be upset at how minorities are endangered by the cities they inhabit, but nooo, fealty to the State is more important to you than fealty to the People.

I know you'll struggle with this statement, but here it is anyway. When the citizenry is armed then crime is diminished. More guns, less crime. In cities where the citizens are denied arms crime increases. Less guns, more crime. Now, like RJ you'll be quick to blame every damn one around them for the problem, but in your heart you know that I'm right. Criminals like it when the government keeps the sheep supply readily available for shearing.

Feel free to flail away at how these inconvenient facts aren't true.

(03-01-2018, 12:13 AM)B2hibry Wrote:

- Yes, to relieve the chafing and tears of the left.
- AR15 has recoil slightly above that of a .22 thanks to large buffer spring and low powered round.
- Yes
- All ammunition has a maximum effective range and will eventually tumble. FYI, all bullets will win when up against flesh.
- Firing from the hip is as effective as those gang members in movies side shooting handguns. No stabilization or accuracy.
- Forward grip is gimmicky like bump stocks but can be stabilizing. Carry handles went out with Vietnam and are as the name applies.

Compared to clueless army officers?
Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(03-04-2018, 09:30 PM)copycat Wrote:
(03-01-2018, 12:13 AM)B2hibry Wrote: - Yes, to relieve the chafing and tears of the left.
- Yes

Compared to clueless army officers?

Got to keep those Sr. NCOs actively engaged/employed.