Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Off season trades, signings, and cuts

(03-13-2018, 07:30 PM)ColoJag Wrote:
(03-13-2018, 02:28 PM)D6 Wrote: The one major concern I would have if in their position is Case Keenum has never been on a team in a cold weather city that has an outdoor stadium.   I respect what Case Keenum has accomplished as an NFL QB.   He's exceeded expectations by miles.  However,  it remains to be seen if he's a good fit in the elements in Denver.

Oh hey D6! Hardly recognize you without the profile picture. I do agree with you on this, with him being from Houston and playing on Dome/Warm teams in the NFL the cold can definitely have an effect on QBs. He does have the added advantage of being in a West coast offense so he shouldnt' have to be gripping and ripping too hard.

I've yet to figure out how to correctly upload a profile picture here.  I'm planning on trying again later today.

Good point about the WCO.  A huge test in the elements will be if the Broncos are losing in the 4th QTR of a game and that the opposing team knows the Broncos will have to throw most of the time.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Maclin cut by Ravens.

(03-14-2018, 03:34 PM)ShivanWurm Wrote: Maclin cut by Ravens.

Not surprising after the Ravens agreed to contracts with WRs John Brown and Ryan Grant.  

Most likely,  Jeremy Maclin's days as a higher priced WR are in the past.

(03-14-2018, 03:12 PM)TheSchmidt Wrote: Eric Ebron released

I'm interested

Teal Julius hitting Free Agency again!

(03-14-2018, 04:31 PM)JNev Wrote: Teal Julius hitting Free Agency again!

Idk, when he was here I thought it was beer Julius. He had that gut.  Does he still have it?

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 05:51 PM by JagFan81.)

Looks like Siemien is going to the Vikes aswell. Probably a back up at NFL level. 

Looking at some of the money being thrown around at O lineman, I like the Norwell pick up and whilst it cost a bit, he's the best player available. I'd rather that than paying a little less for a guy who we are seriously overpaying.

Lol, Henne visiting the Ti*ans!!!!

(This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 06:17 PM by knarnn.)

The tacks are looking at Chad Henne to back up Mariota. I'm looking forward to seeing that play out ASAP.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

That's going to be one hell of a QB battle.

The Interception Machine Vs Mr 2 yard Checkdown.

(03-14-2018, 05:27 PM)Jags Wrote:

Idk, when he was here I thought it was beer Julius. He had that gut.  Does he still have it?

Bigger than ever. Lot of cheeseburgers and bud with that money he got from us.

McCarron to the Bills.
Watch out for Jungle cat celebrations lol. Brady vs Brady in that division! Big Grin

Raiders sign RB Doug Martin

(This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 05:07 PM by MikePete54.)

Jason McCourty trade to Patriots.

Tom Savage to Saints

Jordy Nelson to Raiders. They cut Crabtree.

Dontari Poe to Panthers

Josh Sitton to Dolphins (remember he said he absolutely hated the Florida heat and did not want to go back there when he was cut by GB....)

Best remaining free agents :

QB :
Kaepernick / Cutler / Gabbert / Osweiler / EJ Manuel / Geno Smith

RB :
Frank Gore / DeMarco Murray / Orleans Darkwa / Thomas Rawls / Alfred Morris / Jamaal Charles

WR :
Mike Wallace / Terrell Pryor / Jordan Matthews / Eric Decker / Kendall Wright / Jeremy Maclin / Markus Weathon

TE :
Eric Ebron / Martellus Bennett / Ben Watson / Troy Niklas / Antonio Gates

OL :
Cameron Fleming / Mike Pouncey / Jack Mewhort / Greg Robinson / Joe Berger / Travis Swanson / Austin Howard

DE :
Junior Galette / Kone Ealy / Elvis Dumervil / Pernell McPhee / James Harrison

DT :
Ndamukong Suh / Johnathan Hankins / Bennie Logan / Nick Fairley / Jay Bromley / Dominique Easley

LB :
Navorro Bowman / Conor Barwin / Brian Cushing / Lamarr Houston / Jerrell Freeman / Kevin Minter / Gerald Hodges / Derrick Johnson

CB :
EJ Gaines / Tramon Williams / Dominique R-Cromartie / Marcus Cooper

S :
Eric Reid / Kenny Vaccaro / Tyvon Branch / Morgan Burnett / Tre Boston / Ron Parker / Mike Mitchell / Steven Terrell

(This post was last modified: 03-18-2018, 03:02 PM by flgatorsandjags.)

Would love to bring in Bowman on a 1 year deal. Could be Poz replacement for a year

Hodges is an interesting name. If I remember correctly, he played SLB pretty well in the few games with the Saints when he was picked up.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

I can remember listening to Dan Hicken on 1010xl talking about how bad he wanted the Jags to sign Thomas. When it was obvious right away that he was a product of Peyton Manning. 

Julius might not be in the league anymore. Along with Gabbert.

(03-21-2018, 04:20 AM)JagFanatic24 Wrote:

I can remember listening to Dan Hicken on 1010xl talking about how bad he wanted the Jags to sign Thomas. When it was obvious right away that he was a product of Peyton Manning. 

Julius might not be in the league anymore. Along with Gabbert.

Julius is lazy as heck. Gabbert will pretty much always have a backup QB job guaranteed for the next few years, as long as he wants it, and idk why you wouldn't haha
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ke-willson

Luke Willson signing with Lions

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

(03-21-2018, 10:33 AM)NCJag Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ke-willson

Luke Willson signing with Lions

Luke Willson seems like an excellent fit for the Lions in terms of his skill set after the release of Eric Ebron because of the $8.25 million salary cap figure from the 5th Year Option.  Though Willson doesn't have Ebron's abilities as a receiver, his cap number will be substantially lower and he's a more consistent player.  Being that he grew up as a Lions fan in the nearby Windsor, ON area,  I'm highly confident Willson will appreciate the opportunity.

Once the Jaguars added a couple of TEs last week,  I thought Willson's decision would come down to the Lions and Panthers.  The Panthers brought in former UNC TE Eric Ebron for a visit before he elected to visit and then sign with the Colts.