Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is Aaron Colvin’s market value?

I view him like Logan Ryan. He was proven very good in the slot and has questions on if he could be a boundary corner. He got $10 mil AAV so I'd guess Colvin gets around that too, maybe a tad more.

I actually just flat out don't want to resign him. If we truly are starting to get in a money crunch as everyone keeps saying then your slot cornerback should be one of the easiest positions that you save money with. Just let Myrick/Patmon develop and draft another one.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-10-2018, 04:46 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 04:34 PM)Jags02 Wrote:
That's simply the market for CBs. Starting outside CBs are getting $11 to $14 mil. The elite guys are getting $20 mil. Good nickelbacks are getting $8 to $10 mil. If they can get Colvin for $7 mil per, that would be a huge deal for the Jaguars. He's does his job. 
Yep 7 is about the max I'd pay for Colvin. Maybe 8 with a favourable structure.

That sounds like a reasonable amount. If the bidding goes higher than that, the Jags will have to bow out and draft a nickel in the mid-rounds.

(03-11-2018, 11:16 AM)jaglou53 Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 04:46 PM)JackCity Wrote: Yep 7 is about the max I'd pay for Colvin. Maybe 8 with a favourable structure.

That sounds like a reasonable amount. If the bidding goes higher than that, the Jags will have to bow out and draft a nickel in the mid-rounds.

Ideally we let him go and draft a guy but if we have to bring him back then that's the max I'd pay.

(03-10-2018, 12:06 PM)SeldomRite Wrote: That would be a ridiculous number for him. Almost Bouye price at 12. If the Jaguars pay him 9 million a year they're doing it wrong. Arob at franchise tag price made more sense than Colvin at 7 million a year, much less 9 a year.

That's simply the market for CBs. Starting outside CBs are getting $11 to $14 mil. The elite guys are getting $20 mil. Good nickelbacks are getting $8 to $10 mil. If they can get Colvin for $7 mil per, that would be a huge deal for the Jaguars. He's does his job. 

In which league? Certainly you're not talking about the NFL. The highest paid cornerback in the league gets paid $15 million and the average of the top 5 is $14 million. The top 10 cornerbacks in the NFL make between $10.5 million and $15 million. I would figure Aaron Colvin will get something similar to what Joe Haden got last year if he's signed to play on the outside. Something in the $9-9.5 million range. If he's signed to play nickel, he'll probably get $7-8 million (I don't think he'll sign somewhere as a nickel), which would make him the highest paid nickel cornerback ever. I can only think of two nickel corners ever that got more than $5 million to play nickel and one got $5 million and the other got $6 million.

(This post was last modified: 03-11-2018, 02:39 PM by JackCity.)

(03-11-2018, 02:21 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote:

In which league?  Certainly you're not talking about the NFL.  The highest paid cornerback in the league gets paid $15 million and the average of the top 5 is $14 million.  The top 10 cornerbacks in the NFL make between $10.5 million and $15 million.  I would figure Aaron Colvin will get something similar to what Joe Haden got last year if he's signed to play on the outside.  Something in the $9-9.5 million range.  If he's signed to play nickel, he'll probably get $7-8 million (I don't think he'll sign somewhere as a nickel), which would make him the highest paid nickel cornerback ever.  I can only think of two nickel corners ever that got more than $5 million to play nickel and one got $5 million and the other got $6 million.

Chris Harris got paid 8.5 as an elite nickel corner a few years ago but he also had a good amount of outside snaps.

If I am not mistaken Chris Harris had already started for the entire year before they extended him.

My best guess is that someone offers him 4 years/ $30-32 million with a little under half guaranteed.

(03-11-2018, 02:54 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: If I am not mistaken Chris Harris had already started for the entire year before they extended him.

Sure did. Playing nickel is starting btw.

(03-10-2018, 09:08 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-10-2018, 08:27 PM)Jags02 Wrote: ...which is why he's getting at least $8 mil.

Oh I thought you were saying you don't think he will get more than 8 due to his low INTs.

Oh no... I'm merely docking him $1 mil per because of the INT shortage.
'02

(03-11-2018, 03:20 PM)JackCity Wrote:
(03-11-2018, 02:54 PM)FreeAgent01 Wrote: If I am not mistaken Chris Harris had already started for the entire year before they extended him.

Sure did. Playing nickel is starting btw.

You know what I mean. He played on the outside for almost an entire season and they decided to extend him so he could continue to play there.