Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
NFL.com - Texans expected to sign safety Tyrann Mathieu

Texans expected to sign safety Tyrann Mathieu

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nn-mathieu

The Houston Texans are signing former Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(03-16-2018, 11:05 PM)Tinhorn Wrote: Texans expected to sign safety Tyrann Mathieu

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...nn-mathieu

The Houston Texans are signing former Arizona Cardinals safety Tyrann Mathieu, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reports.

This would really, really suck!

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Dang, good signing by them. His downfall is his health so I hope that can be an issue during our games. Besides that, just move on Honey Badger after this year.

[Image: giphy_8.gif]
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Good signing for Texans if it comes true. I don't want to see the Honey Badger added to their D.

Very, very unfortunate news as a Jags fan.

Afterthought: Where is Colvin going to play for them now in Nickel?

Cardinals releaed him for not living up to expectations. Texans gave him a 1 year deal. We will have to see if he can rebound or if his days are numbered.
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

(03-17-2018, 10:09 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: Cardinals releaed him for not living up to expectations.  Texans gave him a 1 year deal.  We will have to see if he can rebound or if his days are numbered.

What? He's been stellar. They cut him bc he wouldn't take a pay cut after they gave Bradford $20mil
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

(03-17-2018, 01:27 PM)imtheblkranger Wrote:
(03-17-2018, 10:09 AM)Vicbow Rules Wrote: Cardinals releaed him for not living up to expectations.  Texans gave him a 1 year deal.  We will have to see if he can rebound or if his days are numbered.

What? He's been stellar. They cut him bc he wouldn't take a pay cut after they gave Bradford $20mil

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]I am just going by what I read.  I don't watch Cardinals games.  I read the following from SBNation:[/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]"In 2015, the season before Mathieu signed his extension, he had 89 total tackles, five picks, and a whopping 17 pass breakups. He played a kind of hybrid safety/slot corner role and he excelled in it. That led him to that giant payday.[/font]

[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]The following season marked a decline for Mathieu. A shoulder injury plagued him for the last six games of the season, and he landed on injured reserve. He bounced back in 2017, with two picks, seven pass breakups, and a sack. But he’s yet to get back to those pre-extension levels."

I also read elsewhere he has been injured multiple times, only playing a full season once (Maybe he had a bad ACL? I don't remember exactly)
[/font]

Again, I don't know, I dont' watch his games, but the fact that he only got a 1-year prove it type deal suggests to me that maybe there is more to the story.

“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus