Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Golf Courses in NE Florida

So the golf tournament is over. I won a closest to the hole prize and our team came in 3rd. So I won $50. And I drank A LOT of free beer.

Oddly they didn't seem to appreciate my Jag swag.

Whatever.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(08-25-2018, 03:42 PM)Rico Wrote: So the golf tournament is over.  I won a closest to the hole prize and our team came in 3rd.  So I won $50.  And I drank A LOT of free beer.

Oddly they didn't seem to appreciate my Jag swag.

Whatever.

Well done on all counts.

Played the TPC stadium course in Scottsdale last week. Was 107 degrees out there.  

Spent the front nine getting dialed in and the card reflects that. Outperformed my handicap well on the back though. (45)

Absolutely stunning track.

[Image: CDB49_E85-1_C32-4_C50-9_D11-_ED2683_F1_B9_AC.jpg]

Time to drag out the old Golf Thread. NYC and I are tentatively looking at playing on Monday, 10/22. Anybody want to jump in with us- Rico?, The Real Marty? JagsorDie? Anyone else?

NYC- those desert courses are beautiful, aren't they? I got to play several in the Vegas area back in the convention days. I remember holes that were so punishing if you went off the fairway...you hit nothing but brown, rocky desert and the ball would bounce 8 different ways and into oblivion. It was like watching the ball under the hat game on the video boards at The Bank.
Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

(10-10-2018, 07:15 AM)PF* Wrote: Time to drag out the old Golf Thread. NYC and I are tentatively looking at playing on Monday, 10/22. Anybody want to jump in with us- Rico?, The Real Marty? JagsorDie? Anyone else?

NYC- those desert courses are beautiful, aren't they? I got to play several in the Vegas area back in the convention days. I remember holes that were so punishing if you went off the fairway...you hit nothing but brown, rocky desert and the ball would bounce 8 different ways and into oblivion. It was like watching the ball under the hat game on the video boards at The Bank.

I'm probably out until November.  Too much going on during the week to take any time off.  Although I do have off the Monday after the Stillers game.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

The Steelers is the only game I'll miss- a wedding, some family stuff, blah, blah but I'll be in FL for all of December.

Take the day *cough, cough* off *cough*, you haven't been looking too good lately. You don't even have to play, we'll hook you up to an IV and just drive you around.

If we can get JagsorDie to play, we'll hook you both up to a pitcher of Bloody Marys and run them in.

(10-10-2018, 07:15 AM)PF* Wrote: Time to drag out the old Golf Thread. NYC and I are tentatively looking at playing on Monday, 10/22. Anybody want to jump in with us- Rico?, The Real Marty? JagsorDie? Anyone else?

They are amazing. I played two while I was out there. The stadium course and a cool little executive course with a bunch of short par fours that you dare not pull driver on.

The stadium course was surprisingly somewhat open from the regular people tees.  Reaching those landing areas from the pro tees presents a different challenge of course. Quite a difference.  I only found myself in wacky unplayable lies a few times, but the layout had plenty of ways to punish bad shots or poor approach angles. The exec course was a different story. Less forgiving, but manageable due to shorter distances.

Playing Hidden Hills again today with my cousin. I'm determined to conquer that front nine. Think I'll leave the driver in the bag and hit hybrids off the tee until the turn.

I'm still good for 10/22 if anyone else here wants to join.

(10-12-2018, 09:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:

They are amazing. I played two while I was out there. The stadium course and a cool little executive course with a bunch of short par fours that you dare not pull driver on.

The stadium course was surprisingly somewhat open from the regular people tees.  Reaching those landing areas from the pro tees presents a different challenge of course. Quite a difference.  I only found myself in wacky unplayable lies a few times, but the layout had plenty of ways to punish bad shots or poor approach angles. The exec course was a different story. Less forgiving, but manageable due to shorter distances.  

Playing Hidden Hills again today with my cousin. I'm determined to conquer that front nine.  Think I'll leave the driver in the bag and hit hybrids off the tee until the turn.

I told PF I am game for the 22nd. I'm not sure what course you guys had in mind but I think jax beach may be open by then if you are down to play there. I've been eager to see what they turned that course into. If not i'm up for wherever.

(10-13-2018, 12:29 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-12-2018, 09:10 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: They are amazing. I played two while I was out there. The stadium course and a cool little executive course with a bunch of short par fours that you dare not pull driver on.

Playing Hidden Hills again today with my cousin. I'm determined to conquer that front nine.  Think I'll leave the driver in the bag and hit hybrids off the tee until the turn.

I told PF I am game for the 22nd. I'm not sure what course you guys had in mind but I think jax beach may be open by then if you are down to play there. I've been eager to see what they turned that course into. If not i'm up for wherever.
I Lied, Jax beach isn't opening until the Nov 11. So where ever you guys decide to play. I know Hidden hills has good rates during the weekdays at twilight. But like I said, I'm game wherever you decide.

side note: PF have you played hyde park or bent creek yet? those are two decent courses for relatively cheap tee times.

(10-13-2018, 12:37 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 12:29 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I told PF I am game for the 22nd. I'm not sure what course you guys had in mind but I think jax beach may be open by then if you are down to play there. I've been eager to see what they turned that course into. If not i'm up for wherever.
I Lied, Jax beach isn't opening until the Nov 11. So where ever you guys decide to play. I know Hidden hills has good rates during the weekdays at twilight. But like I said, I'm game wherever you decide.

side note: PF have you played hyde park or bent creek yet? those are two decent courses for relatively cheap tee times.

I did get to Bent Creek and liked it a lot, very woodsy compared to a lot of FL courses...reminded me a little of courses in NH/ME. I didn't get to Hyde Park yet. Why don't you and NYC pick the place- I think I remember whereabouts you live and I know about where NYC lives so I can just come up from St. Augustine to wherever you decide. Hidden Hills, Hyde Park, any of them.

Still looking for Rico to bang in sick or for The Real Marty (or a yet unidentified poster) to jump in as the 4th.

Hey guys -

Teeoff and Golf now have the following for the 22nd:

Windsor Park - $37
Royal St. Aug : -- $33
Queens Harbor - $35
Champions/Julington Creek - $22- $34

Hidden Hills isn't listed yet for a few more days - but it will be about $30 -$35 when it comes up.

That Queens Harbor deal is a pretty good one if the course is in good shape. Haven't played it in years.
The $22 deal at Julington is a noon tee time we'd have to reserve soon to get.

Just putting this out there for consideration...

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2018, 12:06 PM by PF*.)

I'm happy to play anywhere (except Royal St. Aug, I play there a lot). I think JagsorDie may prefer the PM but the $22- deal at Julington sounds perfect.

Edit: the 22- may be just 9 holes but 34- is fine too.

(10-13-2018, 12:05 PM)PF* Wrote: I'm happy to play anywhere (except Royal St. Aug, I play there a lot). I think JagsorDie may prefer the PM but the $22- deal at Julington sounds perfect.

Edit: the 22- may be just 9 holes but 34- is fine too.

The Julington time is 12:26pm - 18 holes -- $22 each - up to four players. One of teeoff.com's special deals. 

There is also a 12:18pm time at Windsor Park now on sale at $25  (18 holes)

The Queens Harbor time is 10am at $34 - normally $49

Also now seeing Fleming Island at 1:54pm  for $26

Julington sounds great to me. JagsorDie was up for whatever so I think you can safely book the 3 of us there. Any Teal Deal lunches in the area beforehand?

(10-13-2018, 01:56 PM)PF* Wrote: Julington sounds great to me. JagsorDie was up for whatever so I think you can safely book the 3 of us there. Any Teal Deal lunches in the area beforehand?

Cool.  I'll book it tomorrow if the deal is still available and no one objects.    (12:26pm tee time)

Yes,  there are at least three teal deals nearby. Julington Ck Fish Camp, Beach Diner (san jose),  and Tijuana Flats.

Fine by me. Let's talk lunch on email so we don't get the "Rent a room" crack from Americus.

(10-13-2018, 12:37 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 12:29 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I told PF I am game for the 22nd. I'm not sure what course you guys had in mind but I think jax beach may be open by then if you are down to play there. I've been eager to see what they turned that course into. If not i'm up for wherever.

(10-14-2018, 07:32 AM)PF* Wrote: Fine by me. Let's talk lunch on email so we don't get the "Rent a room" crack from Americus.

OK fellas. We have a tee time at 12:26pm October 22nd at Julington Creek. With the promo code they're running it came out to only $18 per golfer. 

I booked a foursome and I'll find us a fourth unless someone from the board here decides to join our plans over the next week. 

Map:  https://goo.gl/maps/S4FAegusJUA2

(10-14-2018, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 12:37 AM)JagsorDie Wrote: I Lied, Jax beach isn't opening until the Nov 11. So where ever you guys decide to play. I know Hidden hills has good rates during the weekdays at twilight. But like I said, I'm game wherever you decide.

(10-14-2018, 07:32 AM)PF* Wrote: Fine by me. Let's talk lunch on email so we don't get the "Rent a room" crack from Americus.

OK fellas. We have a tee time at 12:26pm October 22nd at Julington Creek. With the promo code they're running it came out to only $18 per golfer. 

I booked a foursome and I'll find us a fourth unless someone from the board here decides to join our plans over the next week. 

sounds good. I've never played Julington but I've heard its pretty nice. Not sure if you guys played it before I heard it had a links feel to it.

Noon works perfect for me. 

Rico isn't up for it?

(10-14-2018, 10:39 AM)JagsorDie Wrote:
(10-14-2018, 10:20 AM)NYC4jags Wrote: OK fellas. We have a tee time at 12:26pm October 22nd at Julington Creek. With the promo code they're running it came out to only $18 per golfer. 

sounds good. I've never played Julington but I've heard its pretty nice. Not sure if you guys played it before I heard it had a links feel to it.

Noon works perfect for me. 

Rico isn't up for it?

Hopefully Rico changes his mind or finds some time that day. Perhaps Marty will get on board.

Either way - looking at the course online a bit and reading reviews  - it seems like there are plenty of bunkers that come into play compared to many courses, some narrow fairways where trees are an issue, and a fair amount of water to deal with.  

The course is pretty short from the white tees (5900 yds) and moderate from the blues (6400)

[Image: rendition.24236_original.imagecache]

[Image: cover.jpg]

Here's a detailed review from last year: https://www.golftrips.com/articles/article.cfm?ID=25276

Wow, that sand trap is beautiful with the bright, white sand. The next hole's tee shot looks intimidating with a "road shot" being quite possible. I would opt for the white tees at 5900 over the blues.

I read the description and it sounds pretty nice. Will they freak out when I put the bloody mary stuff into the cart?